GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7pm edt, 10/08/2015

WildCard

Well, let's get this thing over with. We all know what we have to do, 0-82, right? Auston Matthews is the only hope, we need good players not these guys. The coach sucks, the gm can only win trades, and we have no center depth. Let's be honest, this season is going to be rough, but we'll have our Carrion thread and.....

Wait, wait a minute. Wait a goddamn minute. What am I talking about? We have center depth, we have stars, we have a new coach, and we have a gm who's trigger happy to get his guys and gives zero ######. This isn't a year to mourn, to wail against the inevitable and to gnaw our cheeks raw with frustration and inner turmoil. No, my friends, no I say! This is a year to rejoice! To drink deep the rebirth of Sabres hockey! To enjoy GDTs again, to have hockey discussions, and to screw off with Russian avatars, for we will not need them to occupy our time.

IT HAS ARRIVED! REJOICE :beer:

Watch this, but listen to this at the same time

http://www.rickandbubba.com/goodies/legacy-sports-intro.mp3

Edited by WildCard

Well done WildCard.

You never are more optimistic than you are on the eve of a new season.

But I am relatively certain that this is a group of players that I like more than any in probably a decade.

Maybe it can become a team to love again.

Whatever it's ups and downs, I am convinced this will be a season worth watching and that has been a long time coming.

We deserve this. We persevered. We earned it.

Drop that puck.

164 games ago, we got ready to watch this team open in Detroit. Some of us were optimistic, but most knew what was in store. The writing was on the wall with the Gaustad/Pommer/Sekera trades. That was the last breath of hope I had taken with this team. Detroit had the puck for 90% of the game, and Zemgus chipped in a backhand late in the third that made the final score look a lot more respectable than we played. 

164 games later.

One hundred and sixty four.

We made it everyone. The hope is there again.

10/10 on the season opening thread.

I feel like a kid on Christmas Eve. Honestly and truly don't want to go to sleep.

Well done WildCard.

You never are more optimistic than you are on the eve of a new season.

But I am relatively certain that this is a group of players that I like more than any in probably a decade.

Maybe it can become a team to love again.

Whatever it's ups and downs, I am convinced this will be a season worth watching and that has been a long time coming.

We deserve this. We persevered. We earned it.

Drop that puck.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I feel just like you both, uncertain on what I'll unwrap this year but excited as hell about it and the core we have

164 games ago, we got ready to watch this team open in Detroit. Some of us were optimistic, but most knew what was in store. The writing was on the wall with the Gaustad/Pommer/Sekera trades. That was the last breath of hope I had taken with this team. Detroit had the puck for 90% of the game, and Zemgus chipped in a backhand late in the third that made the final score look a lot more respectable than we played. 

164 games later.

One hundred and sixty ###### four.

We made it everyone. The hope is there again.

I keep explaining to people that it's not just that we've been bad for awhile, but that because we've purposefully tanked the last two years, this is the first legitimate hockey game we can enjoy in 2 years.

This is going to be a long and exciting 98 game winning streak. Can't wait.

I like it

Hell yeah, booked a massage at 3,drinks at 5 and tickets with 5 friend for the opener!!!! The Sabres have finally changed the PP format, we have puck possession players and a new attitude with youth and speed one our side.... Plus I like the new OT rules..... Let's get this thing started!

Thanks for opening the game discussion thread w/ a great post and an awesome video, Wildcard! Man, I'm pumped for tonight. As many have said, it feels like Christmas! Haven't been this excited about a season opener in a very long time. Hope Buffalo opens it all w/ a bang. Better days are here! Let's go Buffalo!

10/10?  Where are the lineups? Historical records? Interesting matchups? Injury updates?  Frankly, I'm a bit disappointed.  Just had to be first didn't you?   :P Go Sabres!   

Edited by 3putt

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I feel just like you both, uncertain on what I'll unwrap this year but excited as hell about it and the core we have

I keep explaining to people that it's not just that we've been bad for awhile, but that because we've purposefully tanked the last two years, this is the first legitimate hockey game we can enjoy in 2 years.

I like it

I am so sick of the word "core" my stomach turns everytime i see or hear it..  Visions of an underachieving group of heartless players dance in my head..So why dont we all just go back to the word that best describes a blood thirsty stanley cup chasing team...."HEART"

I like the HEART of this team...

GO SABRES...

I am so sick of the word "core" my stomach turns everytime i see or hear it.. Visions of an underachieving group of heartless players dance in my head..So why dont we all just go back to the word that best describes a blood thirsty stanley cup chasing team...."HEART"

I like the HEART of this team...

GO SABRES...

The word needn't suffer because we had a bad one for a spell.

The 05-06 Sabres had a core. Gone too soon.

Chicago's been winning with a core.

Core is the right word. Time to redefine what it signifies around here.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.