GDT: Ottawa @ Buffalo, 7pm edt, 10/08/2015

WildCard

So nice to see a GDT where I'm actually looking forward to the game.  I think I have emotional trauma from the last two seasons.  I feel like I should be dreading the game.

I must confess to not feeling the excitement yet.  What's the Sabres fan version of PTSD.  Whatever that is, I gots it.

Just watch this on loop, and you will be just fine!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_76n2-KiFU

Wild, damn impressive with the video + new audio

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Its almost time boys and girls for the Sabres enter the next phase, the next chapter if you will. Our first opponent happens to be our GMs former employer, so let's thank them by giving them all expenses paid pucks behind their goalie. I heard that's a solid way to show your appreciation. 

Wild, damn impressive with the video + new audio

LET'S GO BUFFALO!

Its almost time boys and girls for the Sabres enter the next phase, the next chapter if you will. Our first opponent happens to be our GMs former employer, so let's thank them by giving them all expenses paid pucks behind their goalie. I heard that's a solid way to show your appreciation. 

I just checked that out.  Whoa.  Goosebumps.

Sabres' power play: Kane-Reinhart-Foligno, with Eichel-Ristolainen on point: and Moulson-O'Reilly-McGinn, with Ennis-Franson.

Man, I'm really disagreeing with nearly everything Bylsma has done in the past week or so :lol:

I don't like Foligno and McGinn on these units, and I don't like Eichel on the point (I want him on the wall). I feel like Girgensons brings what Foligno does but with more skill, and having Moulson/McGinn on the same unit seems kind of redundant given where they operate best on the ice. I'd probably also put Franson on the 1st unit (I assumed the primary reason for his signing was to captain the top PP unit) and Risto on the 2nd.

omigod omigod omigod omigod omigod omigod omigod omigod omigod

Sigh. I have to miss the opening of the game as I will be coaching a hockey clinic... but I will record everything so I can see it...

Floating on a cloud right now.

Havn't been this excited for a Sabres game in a very long time. After cheering for the team to lose to better themselves, it just feels so good to actually go with some kind of expectations and the "tank" being over. Can't wait to chant Lets Go Buffalo tonight!

That said, i think our defense will give us some problems and i think Lehner will show some rust, but Sabres come out on top. 5-3 Sabres!

Time is never time at all

You can never ever leave

Without leaving a piece of youth

And our lives are forever changed

We will never be the same

The more you change the less you feel

Believe, believe in me, believe, believe

That life can change that you're not stuck in vain

We're not the same, we're different

Tonight, tonight, tonight

So bright

Tonight, tonight

And you know you're never sure

But you're sure you could be right

If you held yourself up to the light

And the embers never fade

In your city by the lake

The place where you were born

Believe, believe in me, believe, believe

In the resolute urgency of now

And if you believe there's not a chance

So bright

Tonight, tonight

We'll crucify the insincere tonight

(Tonight)

We'll make things right, we'll feel it all tonight

(Tonight)

We'll find a way to offer up the night

(Tonight)

The indescribable moments of your life

(Tonight)

The impossible is possible tonight

(Tonight)

Believe in me as I believe in you

Tonight, tonight

Check out the Sabres Roster on their site.  What thing is not like the others?  We have only one RW.  A boat load of Cs but only one R.  I get that players will be playing out of position but it is something that jumps off the page.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.