Everything Sabres Uniform Related - Royal Blue Please!

CallawaySabres

Great, you don't like them. You've made it abundantly clear. Feels like you are chastising me for relating what people in the world are saying. Sorry for mentioning that people in the world have a different opinion than you.

Or people just like different things than you. Good god. Kill the messenger. For what it's worth apparently they make sense and are appealing to a lot of other people in this world. It's not my fault, go blame them.

I'm not blaming anyone for liking them, I'm blaming the designer as they could have done sooooo much better. I'd like to strive for that...better.

I'm not blaming anyone for liking them, I'm blaming the designer as they could have done sooooo much better. I'd like to strive for that...better.

I'm just not sure this is true. Good and bad is subjective when it comes to unis, and there will always be people that don't like something,… or some that like everything,… or some don't like anything.

I just don't know why people care so much. I just want them to win.

Ditto.  Except, I'd change that to people in this forum.  This uni is a breath of fresh air, compared to the current ones.  The new ones will look even better on television.  Let's make a nice royal blue "home" jersey to match, get rid of the "NY", and be done with it.  

Welcome Jim.  How is Maui?

It took you a while to post, eh?

You're going to give Josie flashbacks to bad clients.

Yup. That's design in a nutshell. I like them but they look like a case of someone having a good retro look and then being told to rein it in to be safe. But then I see the people in the design community around here who get those jobs and... I'm sorry, their work is always really boring. "Solid" and "Traditional" are synonyms for "safe" and "what we always do". And then you get the third jersey turdburgers which are just a bunch of alcoholic chefs who got into the cooking sherry and had made sh!t smoothies all over the kitchen of design. 

If you ask me, which you didn't, these should be our regular away jerseys (minus the stupid little NY on the logo), and our Winter Classic money grab chance to do something cool should hearken to the literal sweaters of the 20s but with a Buffalo theme. The colors are right, the design is banal, but I still like them. Sue me. 

Does the 06-07 alternate jersey work for you?

http://www.sportslogos.net/logos/view/qidhh7lrf28lq1grjex7/Buffalo_Sabres/2007/Alternate_Uniform

Interesting. That would be a real land mine for Pegula. I wonder if enough of the old-timers are gone and enough of the fans are younger to tolerate a color scheme change. The change to black and red and then back to blue and gold is an interesting case study. Correlation or causation?

I still say the combination of dark and light blue in the St. Louis sweater looks great.

I liked those better than the current.  If we could've updated the "Aud" home and away jerseys just a bit, but left them royal blue, gold and white, it would've been perfect.  That's kind of why I like the new winter classic jersey.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, Sabresflakt.  Maui is awesome.  I'll be there again in February.  Can't wait.

Sounds great.

My brother lived on Kaui for about 10 years and loved it.  Once he married and had kids they all felt they were too far from grandparents and all, so they moved to Florida.

Please call me NS ... I am really Sabres Fan In NS, but go by NS.  I am participating in the boards Swedish Revolution at the moment.  *Stalin For Dhalin*.

• 1 month later...

Just once I'd like the Sabres to wear the uniform of the 1969-70 AHL champion Buffalo Bisons. It's a red-hot zinger, as opposed to any of the mediocrities the Sabres ever came up with. I don't care if Coke is the concessionaire in the arena, whatever it's called now. Change it to Pepsi. Buffalo has always been a Pepsi town, not Coke.

The Pegulas can afford anything. Instead, they play with the teams like they're some gardening project. Turdburger or All-red Bills uniform? The Pegulas have bad uniform ideas cornered...while always missing what's obvious, right in front of their face and great.

Further, I'd ditch the blue and yellow forever and have solidarity with the Bills with the red, white and blue color scheme... What blue/yellow team in any sport ever won a championship? If there was one or two in the entire history of sports, I'd be surprised. Blue and yellow are weak and tired colors. The yellow in particular has seeped into the Sabres character...they should have a yellow streak running down the back of the uniform because that's the ingrained cowardly character of the team.

Pittsburgh united the sports teams with one color scheme and Buffalo has become Pittsburgh Jr. so why not?

guy trottier

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.