Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

Well cheer up there are tons of reinforcements on the way to Rochester next season.  I am going to try and list all the players I think will be on the team. Some of this will be wrong but just to get a feel. If anyone has other info chime in!

Brycen Martin - 6'2" LHD. He will be eligible for Rochester after his junior season ends. I think his current ceiling (best he could be) is a decent 2nd pairing guy. He skates well and passes well but I personally don't think his shot is great. He should help bolster the Rochester defense.

Gustav Possler - 6' LW/RW. He is currently playing for MODO and last year blew out his knee. He took awhile to get going this year and I think our friend from MODO could give more info on him. If he comes to NA I would expect him to play in Rochester at least 1-2 years and he at this point is a long shot to make the Sabres. He would grade out to a 2nd line winger and if the isn't that I don't think he ever NHL's.

Victor Olofsson - 5'11" LW. He is also playing for MODO but I hold more hope for him. He has continued to improve and I hope moves to NA this offseason. Fast on his feet, y'all will dis his size but from what I have seen, kids good. He also grades out to a #2 winger and if he doesn't make that he likely isn't in the NHL. (I feel some of these guys don't have the size or grit to slide down into a 3rd or 4th line shutdown role).

Eric Cornel - 6'2" C/RW. Playing his final year of junior, Cornel is a player I want to like but idk if he will ever be much. He has the size and skating to be an NHL player after 2 years or more in rochester but at best I see him as a 2nd line winger but more likely a 3rd line winger. He is listed as a center but I don't think he plays that for us. He would help Rochester IMPO and has shown steady improvement. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Hudson Fasching - 6'2" RW. He has 1 more year of NCAA eligibility but I honestly don't see him going back. While some have championed him joining Buffalo to start next year (entirely possible) I think he will start in Rochester. I would personally leave him there for an entire year but he is a bit of a wildcard.  Good solid improvement each year of his NCAA career, he could be the future linemate of Jack or Samson.

That is about it for graduating Junior players. Honorable mentions: Guhle, many peoples fav defender prospect has another year of juniors and no I don't see him joining Buffalo next year. Estephen also has another year of juniors and will need at least 2 years of Americans action probably before he contributes.

Will I be wrong about someone? Absolutely but that is the general outlook. I gave every guy I mentioned the benefit of the doubt. This years draft is really important because our prospect pool is not deep. Risto, McCabe, Reinhart, Larsson, Eichel, and Zemgus are all NHL players. That's great but because they have bumped up, that leaves a talent vacuum behind that takes a little while to fill in. Drafting well will be important to the rebuild for at least the next 2-3 year drafts simply because we need to be able to replace players who get injured or leave for more cash.  I would say in another 2 drafts we should be close to critical mass on the farm to really make a push (this accounts for normal injury rates) unless we slay the injury bug. This is one reason I am heavily in favor of targeting college UFA's.

Edited by LGR4GM

Well cheer up there are tons of reinforcements on the way to Rochester next season.  I am going to try and list all the players I think will be on the team. Some of this will be wrong but just to get a feel. If anyone has other info chime in!

Brycen Martin - 6'2" LHD. He will be eligible for Rochester after his junior season ends. I think his current ceiling (best he could be) is a decent 2nd pairing guy. He skates well and passes well but I personally don't think his shot is great. He should help bolster the Rochester defense.

Gustav Possler - 6' LW/RW. He is currently playing for MODO and last year blew out his knee. He took awhile to get going this year and I think our friend from MODO could give more info on him. If he comes to NA I would expect him to play in Rochester at least 1-2 years and he at this point is a long shot to make the Sabres. He would grade out to a 2nd line winger and if the isn't that I don't think he ever NHL's.

Victor Olofsson - 5'11" LW. He is also playing for MODO but I hold more hope for him. He has continued to improve and I hope moves to NA this offseason. Fast on his feet, y'all will dis his size but from what I have seen, kids good. He also grades out to a #2 winger and if he doesn't make that he likely isn't in the NHL. (I feel some of these guys don't have the size or grit to slide down into a 3rd or 4th line shutdown role).

Eric Cornel - 6'2" C/RW. Playing his final year of junior, Cornel is a player I want to like but idk if he will ever be much. He has the size and skating to be an NHL player after 2 years or more in rochester but at best I see him as a 2nd line winger but more likely a 3rd line winger. He is listed as a center but I don't think he plays that for us. He would help Rochester IMPO and has shown steady improvement. Hopefully he proves me wrong.

Hudson Fasching - 6'2" RW. He has 1 more year of NCAA eligibility but I honestly don't see him going back. While some have championed him joining Buffalo to start next year (entirely possible) I think he will start in Rochester. I would personally leave him there for an entire year but he is a bit of a wildcard.  Good solid improvement each year of his NCAA career, he could be the future linemate of Jack or Samson.

That is about it for graduating Junior players. Honorable mentions: Guhle, many peoples fav defender prospect has another year of juniors and no I don't see him joining Buffalo next year. Estephen also has another year of juniors and will need at least 2 years of Americans action probably before he contributes.

Will I be wrong about someone? Absolutely but that is the general outlook. I gave every guy I mentioned the benefit of the doubt. This years draft is really important because our prospect pool is not deep. Risto, McCabe, Reinhart, Larsson, Eichel, and Zemgus are all NHL players. That's great but because they have bumped up, that leaves a talent vacuum behind that takes a little while to fill in. Drafting well will be important to the rebuild for at least the next 2-3 year drafts simply because we need to be able to replace players who get injured or leave for more cash.  I would say in another 2 drafts we should be close to critical mass on the farm to really make a push (this accounts for normal injury rates) unless we slay the injury bug. This is one reason I am heavily in favor of targeting college UFA's.

Great post!

I dont know about Possler though, he is having a hard time finding him self still after that big hit last season. 

Victor though, he will be a real fresh wind for the Sabres.

I hope Sabres get Carl Gunnarsson in this years draft, this guy has what it takes for sure.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=113516

He will go early in the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.