Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

Kaleta has extended his career beyond hockey. That's all I can say about that. We missed this game to go up North. The season seats I don't fill become a voucher for another so I guess I'm glad that I missed this mess. Rodriquez has come on and been a consistent hard worker. Plus/minus isn't a big thing for me but JC, did you see Varone's number!! I think these guys can win enough to make the playoffs. Think big. Right?

I haven't seen much this year so I'll defer there. But sadness was my first impression for Kaleta. Told my son early "he won't fight in the A, he's earned past that" , then boom. Seriously that was highlight of the game for Sabres /Amerks fan. Wtf. Kaleta fighting in the a. Jc is right.

Looking at the stats after 40 games, Varone leads the Amerks with 10 goals (and a -19). After that there are a couple 7 goal scorers. 

Almost all of the team is minus on the +/- scale.

I realize there's a lot that's wrong with the Amerks and the organization has become a perrenial bottom feeder, but please pick up some pure goal scorers. 

Edited by Marvelo

Looking at the stats after 40 games, Varone leads the Amerks with 10 goals (and a -19). After that there are a couple 7 goal scorers.

Almost all of the team is minus on the +/- scale.

I realize there's a lot that's wrong with the Amerks and the organization has become a perrenial bottom feeder, but please pick up some pure goal scorers.

Akeson, O'Reilly and D'Amigo are all proven AHL scorers. This team was not suppose to have issues scoring with the aforementioned plus the prospects.

Akeson, O'Reilly and D'Amigo are all proven AHL scorers. This team was not suppose to have issues scoring with the aforementioned plus the prospects.

On paper, this AHL team is loaded up front.

They have as many underachieving scorers as the Sabres do.

#lehnersfault

Please wake me when one of these guys hits 30 or 40 goals. Just sayin, no natural goal scorers in Rochester, no one to get excited about sniping.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to the Amerks game in Syracuse, a 5-4 win. Ullmark was the difference with 39 saves, many of them during scrums in front of the crease. The Amerks clearly need an upgrade in speed next year, the Bailey line is the only one that is consistantly strong. The D looked slow and had trouble on breakouts. From the start of the game they were outshot 13-1. O'Reilly didn't play.

Kaleta was entertaining. He tried to get Morimina to fight for about 20 seconds as they skated around but Morimina wouldn't drop them. Then he chirped the Crunch bench all night. Nevins fell into the boards as he was checking, hit his head, and left the game in the 2nd. With only one ref, there were a bunch of penalties that were missed that I think would have been called with two.

Fortunately the Crunch goalies (switched in 3rd after 4th goal) were Chad Johnson-like and let in a couple soft goals.

There was a small but vocal group of Amerks fans. One funny guy kept yelling, "Let's go Amerks" that the whole rink could hear.

Carrier was the #1 star last night with 1 goal 2 assists. I thought Ullmark should have been, and he didn't even get a star.

Perhaps those two play the opposing lines pretty even and neither side scores much when they're on. And the other lines are much worse.

Carrier and Dupuy are each plus 9 on a team that is a cumulative -158.

Yet they've only got a combined 9 goals.

How the hell does that happen?

Both are big bodies with serious speed. They don't lose many one on one battles. I think that Dupuy in particular is a one man shutdown machine. I didn't expect much from him a season's start but he's proven me wrong. That happens a lot.

Went to the Amerks game in Syracuse, a 5-4 win. Ullmark was the difference with 39 saves, many of them during scrums in front of the crease. The Amerks clearly need an upgrade in speed next year, the Bailey line is the only one that is consistantly strong. The D looked slow and had trouble on breakouts. From the start of the game they were outshot 13-1. O'Reilly didn't play.

Kaleta was entertaining. He tried to get Morimina to fight for about 20 seconds as they skated around but Morimina wouldn't drop them. Then he chirped the Crunch bench all night. Nevins fell into the boards as he was checking, hit his head, and left the game in the 2nd. With only one ref, there were a bunch of penalties that were missed that I think would have been called with two.

Fortunately the Crunch goalies (switched in 3rd after 4th goal) were Chad Johnson-like and let in a couple soft goals.

There was a small but vocal group of Amerks fans. One funny guy kept yelling, "Let's go Amerks" that the whole rink could hear.

Nice write up. Thanks.

Do AHL games typically have 1 ref?

I like being able to read about the Amerks here from fans that have actually seen them play, be it live or on TV. Thanks for the updates all. I'm personally excited by and looking forward to seeing Bailey, Baptiste and Carrier play with the Sabres some day, hope they make it.

Nice write up. Thanks.

Do AHL games typically have 1 ref?

Not always one but it seems to happen a lot. Anyone have a reason why?

And I agree. Good post, pastajoe. Those folks you heard where the booster club. I know a few of them. They are true fans. I'm glad that we had the lets go Amerks chant going. Revenge for when their booster club is at the blue cross chanting "let's go CruuuuUUuuunch"....

#Amerks forward Dan Catenacci has 7-9-16 in 36 games this season, and has been producing of late: 5-game point streak (1-5-6).

The #Amerks have added D Collin Bowman from ECHL Colorado. 12-19-31 in 42 games. Career: 225 ECHL games, 21 AHL with Iowa. 4th in scoring among ECHL defensemen.

At some point, all AHL games will include two referees, said Mike Murray, the league’s vice president of hockey operations. There’s isn’t a firm timeline for that development, Murray added, because the change is tied to the quantity and quality of referees the league can hire.

Murray said the frequency of two-referee crews is “based on availability and talent of officials that we schedule. Every single NHL referee has worked in the AHL so it’s important for development that we continue to move toward that system.”

http://www.wrongsideoftheredline.com/2015/03/ahl-working-toward-goal-of-2-refs-for-all-games/

Edited by pastajoe

Nice game 4-0 over Bham. New D Bowman +2. Bailey 2g 1a. He's going to push for a job with the Sabres next season.

I'm glad to see another win on the road. I go to almost every home game and have had a big this year for the playoffs. I'd love to spend more money for playoff tickets.

I've been meaning to share this, just getting around to it. There's a QnA with Mal Davis in the Amerks' magazine from the game v Bing on the 29th. He is asked "How is the game of hockey still part of your life today?"

His answer is poetic. "I still play to this day....We all end up in the same league eventually. We all end up in a $5 league and I actually respect the guys that have never played pro hockey because they love the game exactly the way I do..."

I've been meaning to share this, just getting around to it. There's a QnA with Mal Davis in the Amerks' magazine from the game v Bing on the 29th. He is asked "How is the game of hockey still part of your life today?"

His answer is poetic. "I still play to this day....We all end up in the same league eventually. We all end up in a $5 league and I actually respect the guys that have never played pro hockey because they love the game exactly the way I do..."

When I was a kid, Mal Davis was the prospect I wanted to make the show and hit it big.  His wrist shot was incredible -- it seemed like whenever he got it off in the high slot he'd bury it in the top corner.

When I was a kid, Mal Davis was the prospect I wanted to make the show and hit it big. His wrist shot was incredible -- it seemed like whenever he got it off in the high slot he'd bury it in the top corner.

I was a kid myself living in Canadiens territory. I wasn't familiar with ahl those days. There is so much hockey up

North to compete with. I missed Mal's career. I've taken a peek at his numbers and JFC! I'm sorry I missed it. I've added finding clips of Mal Davis playing to my very long to do list...

I'm at the game. Amerks seasons are a very good deal. 8$/seat, one voucher for a free Sabres game/seat, one voucher for any Amerks game/seat, any unused season ticket becomes a voucher to any game, food coupons, parking discounts...

So while driving to Pittsburgh this past weekend for our hockey tournament we received a call from the Amerks.

Apparently my son won some reading contest in conjunction with the Amerks.  We got 6 suite tickets for the game on the 21st and he's going to get to drop the puck at the start of the game.

I have a hard time typing this and repeating it each time thinking about what this means to him.  He's beyond stoked.

So while driving to Pittsburgh this past weekend for our hockey tournament we received a call from the Amerks.

Apparently my son won some reading contest in conjunction with the Amerks. We got 6 suite tickets for the game on the 21st and he's going to get to drop the puck at the start of the game.

I have a hard time typing this and repeating it each time thinking about what this means to him. He's beyond stoked.

This should be in the awesome thread. So cool.

Apparently my son won some reading contest in conjunction with the Amerks.  We got 6 suite tickets for the game on the 21st and he's going to get to drop the puck at the start of the game.

I have a hard time typing this and repeating it each time thinking about what this means to him.  He's beyond stoked.

That's awesome. 

:thumbsup:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.