Rochester Americans 2015-16

Hoss

I'm glad I decided to throw it on tonight. Fun game. I rarely see the Amerks win :lol:

Having a 30 minute drive home to reflect, Rodriguez look really good. He's looked good all season but he had a very good game tonight. Absolutely no hesitation. Honey badgers the ice all shift.

Even though O'Dell had two goals, I could hear people jeering him for a missed puck. That's lame.

Ron Rolston is the Falcons coach. Doug Janik and Mike Bavis are the assistants. All former Amerks.

According to Twitter the Amerks just acquired Joey Marmina from the Crunch. Weird in game trade.

Very weird. I've noticed our roster list has been far shorter than the visitor for some time now. Does GMTM have a master plan? A trade for no player? Any idea what 'future considerations' mean?

Future considerations means they gave him away for nothing, but maybe the Amerks will return the favor if the Crunch ever need help and the Amerks want to move a player.

He has been a healthy scratch the past two games, becoming expendable with the switch of Daniel Walcott from forward back to defense. The Crunch also has defenseman Charlie Dodero in reserve in the ECHL.

"No one likes to get scratched. It's just one of those things, part of the business,'' Mormina said. "As far as seeing the writing on the wall (for the trade), I'm not really a mind reader, so I try not to look too deeply into things.''

The move to Rochester keeps Mormina close to his wife and young children in Syracuse.

"Joey has been a great teammate and an important member of the Crunch the past three seasons. At this time, he was at a crossroads career-wise and Rochester presented him with a better playing opportunity going forward without having to relocate his family,'' said Tampa Bay assistant general manager Julien BriseBois. "I felt the right thing to do was to allow Joey to take advantage of that opportunity. I wish to personally thank him for his services to the Crunch since the fall of 2013 and best of luck moving forward.''

http://www.syracuse.com/crunch/index.ssf/2016/03/syracuse_crunch_sends_veteran_defenseman_to_rochester_amerks.html#incart_river_mobile_index

Thanks for the enlightenment. Seems like Murray is on a good will mission. We face the Marlies at 7:30. New guys are far tougher and grittier so I'm looking forward to another good game. Have I meantioned I hate the Marlies?

This team has a new attitude. To be completely accurate, 5 for punching well.

That may have been the best game I've seen the Amerks play in the last 5-6 years.  All over the puck.  GMTM wizardry. Kaleta and D'Amigo on 4th line?  We must be better. We are fast for sure.  

Party deck view courtesy of RGH.

IMG_20160305_220929976.jpg

I think O'Dell had one which seems fitting on Irish night. Carrier had at least one assist but I don't believe he had a goal. I'm sorry I missed it.

No, you're right. I was remember the call from Stevens who inadvertently said one of the goals was Carrier's.

Anyone at the game? Had to pass again. Turns out the flu has given me a dose of pneumonia.104 temp. I've been coughing so hard that I gave myself a hernia yesterday. Urgent care wanted me to go to the ER tonight but I'm not up for that. I found out that having your intestines pushed into your nutsack really hurts. GD I'm getting a flu shot next year.

Anyone at the game? Had to pass again. Turns out the flu has given me a dose of pneumonia.104 temp. I've been coughing so hard that I gave myself a hernia yesterday. Urgent care wanted me to go to the ER tonight but I'm not up for that. I found out that having your intestines pushed into your nutsack really hurts. GD I'm getting a flu shot next year.

Been there.  Done that.  Bronchitis coughing fit was the source of mine.  Might as well schedule the surgery now.  It won't feel any better if you wait.  I can guaran damn tee you that.

Edited by We've

Been there. Done that. Bronchitis coughing fit was the source of mine. Might as well schedule the surgery now. It won't feel any better if you wait. I can guaran damn tee you that.

That's a top priority when I go to ER tomorrow. I can't work at all like this. How long before you were back to normal?

That's a top priority when I go to ER tomorrow. I can't work at all like this. How long before you were back to normal?

It seems the surgery has changed alot since I had it done over 15 yrs ago.  I was home for 2 weeks after, and sore as heck for another 2 or 3.  But a friend who had the surgery recently felt good after 2-3 days.  it's probably going to be determined by how big the hernia is.  another reason to get it fixed ASAP.  They don't get smaller on their own.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.