Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

Their center situation is bad, and Therrien isn't exactly an exciting coach. I alsk think the Caps roster is better across the board (excluding in goal, of course). Habs are super overrated because of Price.

They'll probably cruise their way to a division title again thanks to Price (and also Subban).  Meanwhile, look at the battle Washington is going to face to even make the playoffs in that suddenly stacked division.  I don't know if I put too much weight on Ovechkin's reputation for not being able to carry that team when it matters (possibly unfair), but I just don't believe in that team one bit.

They'll probably cruise their way to a division title again thanks to Price (and also Subban). Meanwhile, look at the battle Washington is going to face to even make the playoffs in that suddenly stacked division. I don't know if I put too much weight on Ovechkin's reputation for not being able to carry that team when it matters (possibly unfair), but I just don't believe in that team one bit.

Tampa Bay would like to have a word with you.

Tampa Bay would like to have a word with you.

I gave my reasoning.  Cruise was probably a strong word, but I think they'll still be right up at the top.  They've certainly got an inside track at one of the guaranteed playoff slots from finished in the top 3.

I like Oduya (staunch) or Ehrhoff (mobile).

I'd be shocked if Buffalo isn't one of the bidders for Oduya.  At the end of the day, it is up to the player where he wants to go, of course.

The Hoff seemingly won't be back.  But, I wonder whether the relationship between he and Murray is as bad as everyone assumes.  He would certainly fit a need (offensive d-man).

I gave my reasoning.  Cruise was probably a strong word, but I think they'll still be right up at the top.  They've certainly got an inside track at one of the guaranteed playoff slots from finished in the top 3.

I don't think Price repeats this year's performance (most goalies dont) and that would have the Canadians crashing back down to earth. They will be a playoff team, but I don't think they stay at the top without some moves

So, two days and no NHL d-men yet. I'm not really complaining about our moves seeing as we got rid of Hodgson, and got Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly, and Lehner. I don't think we're out of it yet, but FA doesn't seem to be the way Murray wants to go. According to his Eichel conference he's been trying for a trade partner but hasn't had any luck. Do we think he's running out of partners, or does he have one left in him?

I know the crop of free agents wasn't great. But this seems like a really slow/boring couple of days (for all teams). Maybe its just because the draft was so exciting for Buffalo, and we have done nothing but sign a couple depth guys so far.

It's boring because there haven't been any truly horrendous contracts handed out. Seriously, UFA day historically is fun because we get to laugh at incompetence. Not so much this year :(

So, two days and no NHL d-men yet. I'm not really complaining about our moves seeing as we got rid of Hodgson, and got Eichel, Kane, O'Reilly, and Lehner. I don't think we're out of it yet, but FA doesn't seem to be the way Murray wants to go. According to his Eichel conference he's been trying for a trade partner but hasn't had any luck. Do we think he's running out of partners, or does he have one left in him?

I think he is out of disposable, read trade-able, assets.  He is pared down to the core now.  

I think he is out of disposable, read trade-able, assets.  He is pared down to the core now.  

Good point, and I agree. Our only real trade-able assets outside long-shot prospects are our 2016 1st, and probably Zemgus, Reinhart, Ennis, Moulson, and Risto; all players I'm more than happy to keep 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.