Free Agent Frenzy 2015

spndnchz

Desert Tank Warfare 2.0

@TheFourthPeriod: Don't expect Cody Franson to sign somewhere tonight. Barring a change in talks this evening, he'll likely make a decision tomorrow.

I really like the fit for Franson here with everything other than the hand he shoots with. Depending on the trade market, I don't think I'd let that deter me.

While the Bruins ###### the bed on draft day, they still have some good players. I can see them competing for a playoff spot this season...assuming Chara has something left in the tank.

The Bruins are trying to tank without tanking. I cannot see this approach working. They could be really bad, but not bad enough for a top five pick. Pain and suffering ahead for Bruins fans.

Edited by MDFan

The Bruins are trying to tank without tanking. I cannot see this approach working. They could be really bad, but not bad enough for a top five pick. Pain and suffering ahead for Bruins fans.

May they suffer the curse of the Toronto fan, bad, but never bad enough :devil:

Saad, O'Reilly, Kessel, and a few other big names moved. Still waiting on Sharp, Nash (probably not), Malkin (a man can dream), and some big players in St.Louis.

Whatever happened to the Yakupov for Oshie deal someone posted earlier? Just never materialized? 

I can't see them out tanking the Leafs who appear to have come to the decision that its better late tehn never to enter the "McDavid Sweepstakes"

Murray said he was in a couple who signed elsewhere (Beauchemin, Green?)

And is still in on a couple who are still waiting to decide (Oduya, Franson, Ehrhoff?)

What are your bets?

Really? Don't let it get out that Murray doesn't reflexively always pay too much for "his" guys. Don't want TOO many heads to explode. :p

Woah

Justin Williams to the Washington Capitals on a 2 year deal. #TSN

$3.25 x 2 for Williams from Caps.

Must've wanted to be on a contender because I imagine he could've gotten more elsewhere.

Yeeeeeap:

A good fit and a chance to play on another contender trumped more money for Justin Williams

Habs were apparently in on Williams and Beleskey until the end. I wonder if they push to land Joel Ward tomorrow.

Edited by Hoss

Woah

Justin Williams to the Washington Capitals on a 2 year deal. #TSN

$3.25 x 2 for Williams from Caps.

Must've wanted to be on a contender because I imagine he could've gotten more elsewhere.

Yeeeeeap:

A good fit and a chance to play on another contender trumped more money for Justin Williams

Habs were apparently in on Williams and Beleskey until the end. I wonder if they push to land Joel Ward tomorrow.

Interesting.  If I'm a guy trying to land on a contender, I think I'd head to Montreal before I went to Washington.  Price tips the scales in their favor among most of the mid-tier teams in my mind.

Interesting.  If I'm a guy trying to land on a contender, I think I'd head to Montreal before I went to Washington.  Price tips the scales in their favor among most of the mid-tier teams in my mind.

I'm not a fan of Bergevins moves thus far. I was expecting a bigger shakeup with the forwards in Montreal.

I'm not a fan of Bergevins moves thus far. I was expecting a bigger shakeup with the forwards in Montreal.

The only place they're finding some scoring depth at this point is via trade.  I don't know their system at all though, so I have no idea if they have enough ammo to pull of something decent.

The only place they're finding some scoring depth at this point is via trade.  I don't know their system at all though, so I have no idea if they have enough ammo to pull of something decent.

Here is a list of Montreal's prospects.  Fairly certain the recent draft picks have not been added yet.

http://www.hockeysfuture.com/teams/montreal_canadiens/

Interesting. If I'm a guy trying to land on a contender, I think I'd head to Montreal before I went to Washington. Price tips the scales in their favor among most of the mid-tier teams in my mind.

Their center situation is bad, and Therrien isn't exactly an exciting coach. I alsk think the Caps roster is better across the board (excluding in goal, of course). Habs are super overrated because of Price.

Their center situation is bad, and Therrien isn't exactly an exciting coach. I alsk think the Caps roster is better across the board (excluding in goal, of course). Habs are super overrated because of Price.

I agree. It is similar to how the Pens are super overrated because they have Crosby.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.