Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

I like them. Unique but keeping the colors and scheme. 

It's not like some one had the bright idea to throw some mustard colored fabric on them....

Why mess with a good thing when you have the best jersey on earth?

And yes, just on earth. They can't hold a candle to those home browns of the Uranus Pirates.

I laughed, but it's for a special occasion. I like that the league has embraced this alternates. 82 games a year... Give me more than two variants.

At first I hated them. Then I liked them. Then I hated them again. I am now firmly in "meh" territory.

Then I just decided they look like an off brand soda can from the 90s. Don't think I'll be buying this jersey, no matter how adorable Zetterberg makes it look. 

Why mess with a good thing when you have the best jersey on earth?

And yes, just on earth. They can't hold a candle to those home browns of the Uranus Pirates.

As much of a homer Detroit fan as I am, nah, they're great, but the original Sabres jersey is still the best IMO. Damn that's a beautiful, simple, fantastic design. 

I laughed, but it's for a special occasion. I like that the league has embraced this alternates. 82 games a year... Give me more than two variants.

Agreed. Keep the weird jerseys comin'. I love it. 

Now the Blackhawks have unveiled theirs

https://twitter.com/NHLBlackhawks/status/669184483921403904

Wtf is happening with that collar...

"The shoulder yoke is contrasted in black as a visual play on Chicago’s nickname of “City of Big Shoulders. #StadiumSeries"

Oh.

Toews still looks slightly happier than he did when unveiling Team Canada's jersey...

jJOVWln.jpg

The Wild put theirs out. They leaked like two months ago and I still love them.

https://twitter.com/mnwild/status/669213410219921408

We are in agreement. 

I still don't understand this practice of creating a new jersey for one single game (yes that goes for you too NFL color rush).  Are people really big enough suckers to fall for this? 

Don't answer that one.

People love this stuff. Merch is a huge business. The NHL would be stupid not to capitalize on it.