Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Stamkos out 1-3 months with blood clot in arm. Expected to make full recovery after surgery.

Think he's played his last game as a Bolt? And will missing the playoffs impact his FA value at all?

Wow. In less than a week they've lost their best D-man & best F. They'd better put Bishop in a bunker or they're complete toast in the 1st round.

Edmonton currently losing 5-0 to Calgary. Pretty sure they've mentally checked out for the year.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Wonder how Matthews is going to like Northern Alberta?

Who will they take w/ the 1st overall pick in '17? Or is that the year they're due to ONLY pick top 4? Always forget if they only get the #1 overall 2 straight years or 3 before having to settle for top 5 for a year. Do they still have any non-top 10 overall picks in their forward ranks? Will they ever take a forward that knows what his own side of his blue line looks like? Enquiring minds want to know. :p

Kadri dickishness...Check out @StefanKubus's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StefanKubus/status/716421292388446208?s=09

And some payback...Check out @StefanKubus's Tweet: https://twitter.com/StefanKubus/status/716424578810175492?s=09

Somebody needs to just kick his ass already. Everyone knows he deserves it

Edmonton currently losing 5-0 to Calgary. Pretty sure they've mentally checked out for the year.

I'm not sure there's anything comparable to being an Oilers fan

Good for him, A coach that tells it like it is. I dont think anyone can fix that team. I really think they need to trade this first round pick for a couple players with nhl experience.

In all seriousness, Tampa made it to the Cup finals last year without Stamkos.

Stamkos played 26 games last year in the playoffs?

Edited by EICH15

Good for him, A coach that tells it like it is. I dont think anyone can fix that team. I really think they need to trade this first round pick for a couple players with nhl experience.

Stamkos played 26 games last year in the playoffs?

I got the humor in it..... He's saying Stamkos was pretty much invisible lol

While they may have some truth, he had to be game planned against and was on the ice, this year it's gonna be different

The league needs to do it to try to convince the public courts that it is doing all it can to ensure safety.

Sure, I get that aspect.  But really, there are penalties for the hits, etc.  So, call the penalties and let the union handle their own messes. It's easy now for everyone to blame the NHL but the reality is that the players are out there destroying each other. If it were all on their own union to resolve the issues there might be a bit more traction.  I dunno, wishful thinking.

Long term thinking on another subject...

Does the NHL/NFL adopt a style of play where hitting is outlawed or do they go down the path of establishing a rule that says once a player suffers a concussion they will no longer be allowed to play in the league? Can the NHL/NFL establish a waiver of responsibility with the players that basically states: "Participation in this league may result in head trauma injuries that may lead to long-term consequences.. blah blah blah.  The league is not responsible for the any head trauma suffered by players, etc."

I mean.. at some point scale has to tip and it's either there's no hitting or no responsibility because you can't keep suing a league for getting hit when choosing to play in a league that has hitting.

Sure, I get that aspect.  But really, there are penalties for the hits, etc.  So, call the penalties and let the union handle their own messes. It's easy now for everyone to blame the NHL but the reality is that the players are out there destroying each other. If it were all on their own union to resolve the issues there might be a bit more traction.  I dunno, wishful thinking.

Long term thinking on another subject...

Does the NHL/NFL adopt a style of play where hitting is outlawed or do they go down the path of establishing a rule that says once a player suffers a concussion they will no longer be allowed to play in the league? Can the NHL/NFL establish a waiver of responsibility with the players that basically states: "Participation in this league may result in head trauma injuries that may lead to long-term consequences.. blah blah blah.  The league is not responsible for the any head trauma suffered by players, etc."

I mean.. at some point scale has to tip and it's either there's no hitting or no responsibility because you can't keep suing a league for getting hit when choosing to play in a league that has hitting.

My guess is that the NFL is heading towards claiming 2 things: 1. Concussions leading to CTE have already happened to it's players by the time they grt to the NFL so it's not the league's fault &

2. Since everybody knows playing football gives you concussions, playing football is a conscious decision to take that risk & it's, once again, not the league's fault.

Not sure that'll work, but it (probably) beats sticking their head in the sand pretending the issue doesn't exist.

The NHL's leadership is so regressive, wouldn't even hazard a guess as to their strategy LT.