Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

The Vesey situation sounds like his Dad his still in his ear controlling his life trying to make sure his kid fulfills his father's lifelong fantasy.  His first statement tells it all.  he wasn't given a choice, he was told he would play hockey.  

After that I began to tune out.  The teammate aspect of hockey is known and exists in the NHL as well.  I am fine with him going back to college.

The Vesey situation sounds like his Dad his still in his ear controlling his life trying to make sure his kid fulfills his father's lifelong fantasy.  His first statement tells it all.  he wasn't given a choice, he was told he would play hockey.  

After that I began to tune out.  The teammate aspect of hockey is known and exists in the NHL as well.  I am fine with him going back to college.

Nailed it.

Does this situation remind you of a certain former Sabre?

I thought they were strict with the whole octopus thing in Detroit, too. Whatever.

Speaking of which - I saw my first Detroit Octopus on the ice last night - somebody about 30 ft away from us tossed one out on the ice right after Detroit scored that empty net goal with 3 minutes left- a nice big octopi.   Not sure why it was there in a non-playoff situation - caused quite a buzz in the crowd - lol.   

Speaking of which - I saw my first Detroit Octopus on the ice last night - somebody about 30 ft away from us tossed one out on the ice right after Detroit scored that empty net goal with 3 minutes left- a nice big octopi. Not sure why it was there in a non-playoff situation - caused quite a buzz in the crowd - lol.

Oh, we saw it on TV. During play, no less.

He is basically saying he'll turn down a year of a pro contract and a top-6 position on one of the best team's in the league for a chance to go back and become a UFA in August. Less money if he does so, but he gets to pick his team. If it is the Leaves, this whole things needs to be investigated by the league.

Poille didn't make a move at the deadline because he was told by Vesey that he would sign after Harvard stops playing. He screwed over the Preds. No doubt about it.

He DID screw over the Preds. He wouldn't even MEET with Poile. Good thing I'm not coaching the Preds, because the first time he plays against them, I would make it a game he never ever forgets.

Chicago has 19 points since beating Dallas Feb 6, second-last in the NHL, and most of those came against non-playoff teams.

And to think, they've still clinched a playoff spot :lol:

I know they can point to the Cups and whatnot, but I'd still be at least a little concerned if I were a Hawks fan.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I'd bet they sit Keith for the remainder of the regular season which won't impact the Hawks at all.  They have 5 games left so it almost fits perfectly.

I'd love for the Wild to play the Hawks in the first round.. sigh.  That was garbage by Keith and it's not his first time doing something stupid like that.

I'd bet they sit Keith for the remainder of the regular season which won't impact the Hawks at all.  They have 5 games left so it almost fits perfectly.

I'd love for the Wild to play the Hawks in the first round.. sigh.  That was garbage by Keith and it's not his first time doing something stupid like that.

That would be about it right? Dude tries to Dr. Hook Charlie Coyle and gets a free vacation to rest up before the playoffs.  :wallbash: