Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Well, a $100k snub (the difference between finishing 4 & 3 in the balloting) might be motivational.

And if he falls to 5th, and off the All-Rookie team, because 3-2nds grabs the 3rd F slot, that's an additional $212.5k out of his pocket.

Looks like he'll qualify for $425k worth of bonuses w/ a 50/50 shot of the All-Rookie bonus & will miss out by a smidge (barring ~5 points in the last 2 nights) on 2-3 others. (Only did a quick look, the #'s may be off slightly.)

Depends on how motivated by money Jack is. 

He played in the NCAA, so obviously...very  :w00t:

what? top college athletes don't get money! that would be outrageous...

At least Jack is as motivated by it as some top prospects who drop out of school, sell their sisters into the sex trade, and move to Europe for a season to make some cash in a swiss league.

Well, a $100k snub (the difference between finishing 4 & 3 in the balloting) might be motivational.

And if he falls to 5th, and off the All-Rookie team, because 3-2nds grabs the 3rd F slot, that's an additional $212.5k out of his pocket.

Looks like he'll qualify for $425k worth of bonuses w/ a 50/50 shot of the All-Rookie bonus & will miss out by a smidge (barring ~5 points in the last 2 nights) on 2-3 others. (Only did a quick look, the #'s may be off slightly.)

Where did you get the contract info from? (I want to be nosy and read more about the terms)

Where did you get the contract info from? (I want to be nosy and read more about the terms)

CBA defines what bonuses are available to the few players that qualify for them. Considering he was the 2nd overall, feel pretty secure in the assumption that he qualifies for max bonuses on those negotiable w/ the team. The ones that are specified by the league are what they are (Calder voting & All-Rookie). Exhibit 6 holds the gory details.

So it's down to Boston and Philly who gets the wildcard.

Detroit really doesn't deserve to go.

Not that the Bruins stood a chance of winning, but if you're down 4-1 with 8+ minutes left and you go on the power play......... it's probably a bad time to pull your goalie for a 6th attacker when the opposing team doesn't have to worry about icing the puck.

Maybe desperate times call for desperate measures.......... I don't know.

Detroit'll have a chance to not back in. 2 man advantage for last 20 seconds down by a goal.

Guess not. Couldn't get a shot off.

Isles need 3 points this weekend to face the Pens in 1st round. 2 or less and they're going to FLA.

From Joe Haggerty

Bruins getting loudly booed as they give a stick salute to the fans at the end of Game No. 82 of the regular season. What a bloodbath

I finally may be able to start moving on from the Brad Park incident now.

Edited by Tondas

Mike Milbury apparently angling for the Bruins coaching gig if it becomes available. That's it, I'm officially Philly to make it, Julien to get fired, and Milbury to replace him.

Ohhhhhhhh, pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaase let this happen. 4/9/16 could be one of the GREATEST DAYS EVVVEEERRR!!!