Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Vesey's people deny this. Some suspect that Poille is trying to lay groundwork for tampering charges.

I also think it's important, from a moral/do-the-right-thing/professionalism point of view, to distinguish between lying and changing his mind. It's unlikely we ever know exactly what happened, but changing from intending to sign to intending to go UFA doesn't have to be lying and deception. It's important to me to draw this line, anyway.

I also think it's important, from a moral/do-the-right-thing/professionalism point of view, to distinguish between lying and changing his mind. It's unlikely we ever know exactly what happened, but changing from intending to sign to intending to go UFA doesn't have to be lying and deception. It's important to me to draw this line, anyway.

I agree. People change their mind all the time, especially 21 year olds.

This probably deserves its own thread, and somebody more ambitious than I am should make it happen, but has anyone else been following the emails from the league? Essentially every snarky comment about old dinosaurs running the league is being validated right before our eyes. It's pretty incredible-in-a-bad-way stuff.

Link?

Dinosaur is the word that came to mind. Coli, Burke and the propaganda minister McKenzie. Rest easy, hockey fans, the game is in good hands.

This probably deserves its own thread, and somebody more ambitious than I am should make it happen, but has anyone else been following the emails from the league? Essentially every snarky comment about old dinosaurs running the league is being validated right before our eyes. It's pretty incredible-in-a-bad-way stuff.

Campbell is such a blowhard, and some of the Bob McKenzie stuff shocked me. If I get time later I'm going to post some Sabres-relevant stuff

Just wondering, has anyone heard whether JT Compher is close to signing with Colorado?

I think there is something about the Avs being at the 50 player roster max. Vaguely remember hearing something like that.

BTW - If Compher goes back to school, he just may "vesey" Colorado. If so, Murray will look like a genius for trading Compher.

Edited by Potato

I think there is something about the Avs being at the 50 player roster max. Vaguely remember hearing something like that.

BTW - If Compher goes back to school, he just may "vesey" Colorado. If so, Murray will look like a genius for trading Compher.

According to General Fanager, they are at 50 contracts.

Hey.. for those who might know.

Is there a reason the NHLPA could not be in charge of decided suspensions, etc?

let's talk about the Keith incident.. it's an incident between two members of the NHLPA union.  Shouldn't the union be in charge of disciplining their own?

I dunno.. it's an interesting thought exercise I guess.. (at least for me)

let's talk about the Keith incident.. it's an incident between two members of the NHLPA union.  Shouldn't the union be in charge of disciplining their own?

Pretty sure the reason is the union is supposed to look out for the best interest of EACH member and if it is disciplining the players it isn't looking out for at least 1 member.

Though, yeah, if they handed out the discipline there should at least be a consistency to it.

Pretty sure the reason is the union is supposed to look out for the best interest of EACH member and if it is disciplining the players it isn't looking out for at least 1 member.

Though, yeah, if they handed out the discipline there should at least be a consistency to it.

It's a good point.  That's some deluded thinking though right?  So, hey, you need to compensate player X for his head trauma and also NOT suspend player Y for doing it. Heh.

I've never heard of any union being in charge of disciplining its members. Doesn't seem to be their charter.

I've never heard of any union being in charge of disciplining its members. Doesn't seem to be their charter.

Mine does. If you violate our Standard of Excellence you will be brought up on charges by the president. You have a trial wth a jury of peers. If you are found in violation you will receive a hefty fine. Violate again the fine doubles then triples until you can no longer afford to be a member. It happens frequently enough that folks get the message. If you want to be paid top dollar you had better give 100%. Every day.

If the Sabres had won 4/7 of the shootouts they've lost, or less than 50% of the 9 they've had, we'd be at 83 points, or 6 outside of a playoff spot. That's with missing Kane, Bogo, ROR, Lehner, and Ennis, for long periods of time; not to mention the worst defense in the league (gotta be at least bottom 5) Wait till next year everyone, it's gonna be a wild ride

Edit

So did the Leafs.

Well played

Panthers had to kill off two penalties in the 3rd for too many rats on the ice.

The best part of that rule is the penalty is always assigned to the home team (delay of game assessed) So, in our pillaging, we could just throw endless streams of ###### onto the ice, to the point where we could just rack of 4-5 pp's

EdIt: Jagr beat me to it

Edited by WildCard

If the Sabres had won 4/7 of the shootouts they've lost, or less than 50% of the 9 they've had, we'd be at 86 points, or 3 outside of a playoff spot. That's with missing Kane, Bogo, ROR, Lehner, and Ennis, for long periods of time; not to mention the worst defense in the league (gotta be at least bottom 5) Wait till next year everyone, it's gonna be a wild ride

think_smiley_13.gif

The best part of that rule is the penalty is always assigned to the home team (delay of game assessed) So, in our pillaging, we could just throw endless streams of ###### onto the ice, to the point where we could just rack of 4-5 pp's

EdIt: Jagr beat me to it

I figured they might be Joisey fans............... I'm still seeing a lot of hairy, greasy, gold chain wearing Corvette drivers so they apparently haven't headed north yet. :angel:

Edited by JJFIVEOH

think_smiley_13.gif

I figured they might be Joisey fans............... I'm still seeing a lot of hairy, greasy, gold chain wearing Corvette drivers so they apparently haven't headed north yet. :angel:

6 pts, my bad. Looked at the GP, not our pts. Still, could be 3 points, depending on who we lost those shootouts to

If the Sabres had won 4/7 of the shootouts they've lost, or less than 50% of the 9 they've had, we'd be at outside of a playoff spot. That's with missing Kane, Bogo, ROR, Lehner, and Ennis, for long periods of time; not to mention the worst defense in the league (gotta be at least bottom 5) Wait till next year everyone, it's gonna be a wild ride

Exactly. It's why upgrading the defence in the off-season is such a priority. Not doing so could stagnate our growth as a team.