Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

Good for him, A coach that tells it like it is. I dont think anyone can fix that team. I really think they need to trade this first round pick for a couple players with nhl experience.

Stamkos played 26 games last year in the playoffs?

It's a JJ narrative, facts won't do.

I got the humor in it..... He's saying Stamkos was pretty much invisible lol

While they may have some truth, he had to be game planned against and was on the ice, this year it's gonna be different

Glad somebody recognized the obvious. 

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

Wonder how Matthews is going to like Northern Alberta?

Who will they take w/ the 1st overall pick in '17? Or is that the year they're due to ONLY pick top 4? Always forget if they only get the #1 overall 2 straight years or 3 before having to settle for top 5 for a year. Do they still have any non-top 10 overall picks in their forward ranks? Will they ever take a forward that knows what his own side of his blue line looks like? Enquiring minds want to know. :p

The Oilers have basically become the team I most likely want to win the lottery this year, besides us, just because of the high comedy that would ensue. It's already a joke that they've won as much as they have, I feel like them winning again this year would border on comical. The NHL should have adjusted the rule to account for this possibility already and it could bite them.

The Oilers have basically become the team I most likely want to win the lottery this year, besides us, just because of the high comedy that would ensue. It's already a joke that they've won as much as they have, I feel like them winning again this year would border on comical. The NHL should have adjusted the rule to account for this possibility already and it could bite them.

Well that and a team that finished 22nd in the league winning the draft , the same team that got blasted in the media for tanking on purpose two years in a row.

Don't think we would garner much sympathy around the league as well :p

This no apparent injury portion of how they discipline is one big fckn joke. Using your stick as a weapon should be automatic 20 games. This league will never, ever get it.

As long as we the fans understand this, I can live with it. If I know they are a rudder less ship drifting in the night bumping into ugly incident after ugly incident doling out discipline like they are spinning a wheel of furtune, I'm good.

This no apparent injury portion of how they discipline is one big fckn joke. Using your stick as a weapon should be automatic 20 games. This league will never, ever get it.

I tend to agree, but how do you differentiate an incident like this or like the Keith incident from a normal slash, which is absolutely using a stick as a weapon?

I tend to agree, but how do you differentiate an incident like this or like the Keith incident from a normal slash, which is absolutely using a stick as a weapon?

Am I the only one who saw Gendening puch Kadri in the head with his stick in his hand just seconds before?

Am I the only one who saw Gendening puch Kadri in the head with his stick in his hand just seconds before?

Looked more like a shove iMHO, but the 1 angle that I saw didn't have a good view of that contact.

Kadri is obviously on the "tanking with dignity" train...

So, is this the league's last ditch effort to get TO to 30 rather than the Eulers?

Looked more like a shove iMHO, but the 1 angle that I saw didn't have a good view of that contact.

Actually, the more I watch it, it looks like an elbow to the head, with full wind-up, enough to knock his helmet off.

20 games for both - Keith was clearly using that as a weapon. If they want to get rid of that type of crap, all it takes is one guy to get 20 games....

20 games for both - Keith was clearly using that as a weapon. If they want to get rid of that type of crap, all it takes is one guy to get 20 games....

No--I agree there, I mean what about a regular old slash?  The kind that draws a minor and no more scrutiny.

No--I agree there, I mean what about a regular old slash?  The kind that draws a minor and no more scrutiny.

Considering the intent of MOST slashes is to remove the puck from the guy and the intent of the other 2 sashes is to remove the face from the guy, don't really see where the everyday variety warrants more scrutiny.

Considering the intent of MOST slashes is to remove the puck from the guy and the intent of the other 2 sashes is to remove the face from the guy, don't really see where the everyday variety warrants more scrutiny.

Yeah, I guess you could involve the head as part of the ruling. The only slashes I see for two minutes are on the glove or arm and clearly do not look like the motions of Keith or Kadri

I'm realizing that one of Boston or Filly has to make the playoffs and I am unhappy with that.

Just wait until they both make it.  :(

Kadri is obviously on the "tanking with dignity" train...

If they really wanted to punish him they should force him to play more. 

#Sabres are 17-17-5 on the road this year with two left. They were 17-59-6 on the road the last two seasons combined.

Another good stat. Last year the Sabres had 15 ROW's.............. this year they've got 31.