Around the NHL: 2015-2016

LGR4GM

6 pts, my bad. Looked at the GP, not our pts. Still, could be 3 points, depending on who we lost those shootouts to

Wanna try again? :lol:

Seriously, I get your point though. The skills competition has hindered this team terribly all year. ;)

Wanna try again? :lol:

Seriously, I get your point though. The skills competition has hindered this team terribly all year. ;)

I'm so fried right now, but I think I have it. :lol:

At 75pts, 4(2) = 8 pts, 75+8 => 83pts, Flyers have the last spot at 89pts.

Duncan Keith suspended six games. Will miss first game of playoffs.

The reaction to this is pretty amazing so far. The NHL has set the bar for punishment so low that an attempted decapitation with a stick getting 1 game of a 7 game series is earning the DoPS a bunch pats on the back for being harsher than expected. Seriously, the Hawks have clinched a playoff spot, so the 5 regular season games is just a nice resting period for Keith before he plays 30 minutes a night.

James Mirtle ‏@mirtle  24m24 minutes ago

Duncan Keith suspended six games. Will miss first game of playoffs.

The reaction to this is pretty amazing so far. The NHL has set the bar for punishment so low that an attempted decapitation with a stick getting 1 game of a 7 game series is earning the DoPS a bunch pats on the back for being harsher than expected. Seriously, the Hawks have clinched a playoff spot, so the 5 regular season games is just a nice resting period for Keith before he plays 30 minutes a night.

Definitely not a large enough suspension. The first five games amounts to what you mentioned, a nice rest up for the playoffs. It feels like they basically just tacked on a single playoff game as if to pretend like they were giving him a worthy suspension. Everyone knows that Keith deserves a larger suspension for what amounts to an attack on the ice. And this is for a guy who performed many questionable acts in the past.

BOOOOM!  That was was huge and you can even hear Wilson's skates beginning to grab the ice... just a great opportunistic hit.

The fact that ANYONE went after him is a joke.  Clean shot. Open ice.. head down..

Hey.. for those who might know.

Is there a reason the NHLPA could not be in charge of decided suspensions, etc?

let's talk about the Keith incident.. it's an incident between two members of the NHLPA union.  Shouldn't the union be in charge of disciplining their own?

I dunno.. it's an interesting thought exercise I guess.. (at least for me)

The league needs to do it to try to convince the public courts that it is doing all it can to ensure safety.

The league needs to do it to try to convince the public courts that it is doing all it can to ensure safety.

I'm a bit confused though, sometimes I think how much can you blame the league, and how much of the onus is on the players on the ice.

I'm a bit confused though, sometimes I think how much can you blame the league, and how much of the onus is on the players on the ice.

I'm in total agreement.  But they're not going to sue each other unless it's the extremely rare Steve Moore type of incident.

I think my career has jaded me.

Fleury out indefinitely with a concussion, his second of the season.

I shake my head every year at teams that blow big $$ on goaltenders with unknowns backing them up. Anaheim has been going with split duty, many don't. 

How is Dallas gonna make out with Crawford? Rinne in Nashville? How did Montreal make out after setting a league record with consecutive regulation wins? Do Blackhawks fans really think there's another Cinderella story in Darling? Don't count on it. 

As much as Fleury sucks most years in the playoffs, they don't have a Vokoun type backup to do any better. Matt Murray? Who?

Edited by JJFIVEOH

crushing hityou can hear his team mate screeming "look out"

That was a massive hit. I think Z took a short nap there on the ice. I hope he's ok. The Capitals are a team with a purpose. I think I will be pulling for them with the Sabres out of the playoffs. I'd like to see Ovi lift the Cup.

That was a massive hit. I think Z took a short nap there on the ice. I hope he's ok. The Capitals are a team with a purpose. I think I will be pulling for them with the Sabres out of the playoffs. I'd like to see Ovi lift the Cup.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't want to see Weber lift the cup.