Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

This got buried before, but

John Shannon was on GR this AM and stated the Habs desperately need scoring. Kane came up and he mentioned that Sergechev would be a no go, but he mentioned Noah Juulsen playing for Everett in the WHL as a possibility. At first glance that's not even close to Kane's Value.

John Shannon was on GR this AM and stated the Habs desperately need scoring. Kane came up and he mentioned that Sergechev would be a no go, but he mentioned Noah Juulsen playing for Everett in the WHL as a possibility. At first glance that's not even close to Kane's Value.

galchenyuck please

Unfortunately, I think that's quite close to Kane's value. Trade value, I mean.

Unfortunately, I think that's quite close to Kane's value. Trade value, I mean.

Juulsen is a late 1st rounder who has pretty much kept his value.

The price for Kane was that plus the equivalent of three seconds.

Why has Kane's value dropped so much at the same time he's playing the best hockey of his life?

You can say Murray overpaid - god knows you wouldn't be the first - but by three seconds?

Juulsen is a late 1st rounder who has pretty much kept his value.

The price for Kane was that plus the equivalent of three seconds.

Why has Kane's value dropped so much at the same time he's playing the best hockey of his life?

You can say Murray overpaid - god knows you wouldn't be the first - but by three seconds?

I think the allure of Kane's potential is diminished--how many GMs are going to really believe he's a 30 goal guy in waiting when he's spent most of his time with Eichel and O'Reilly, and still is only a 20-25 player? He's continued to get injured. He's two years older and only has 1 year left on his contract as opposed to 3. He's had two off-ice incidents, and though nothing came of them legally, it's not the type of thing that's endearing to GMs on the heels of the (nonsense, IMO, but existent nonetheless) stuff in Winnipeg. And again, in general, scoring wingers just don't have a ton of trade value.

Edit: Put another way, I don't think Murray overpaid by three 2nds. I just don't think 2017 Kane is as valuable as 2015 Kane.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

I think the allure of Kane's potential is diminished--how many GMs are going to really believe he's a 30 goal guy in waiting when he's spent most of his time with Eichel and O'Reilly, and still is only a 20-25 player? He's continued to get injured. He's two years older and only has 1 year left on his contract as opposed to 3. He's had two off-ice incidents, and though nothing came of them legally, it's not the type of thing that's endearing to GMs on the heels of the (nonsense, IMO, but existent nonetheless) stuff in Winnipeg. And again, in general, scoring wingers just don't have a ton of trade value.

Edit: Put another way, I don't think Murray overpaid by three 2nds. I just don't think 2017 Kane is as valuable as 2015 Kane.

I could hug you

Again, trade him while he has some value. Toss in a 1st and get a freaking defenseman 

Edited by WildCard

Yes. Maybe I'm being unduly pessimistic, but I don't expect the gape between Kane's perceived value to the Sabres and his actual trade value to narrow much. Only thing I see shifting the calculus is if his contract demands necessitate a move.

So what do you project? A contract extension? Or a deadline deal next deadline?

My money's on an extension the terms of which will make me a very sad panda.

I would be happy with a Kane extension provided the terms aren't outrageous, but the rumours that we are unlikely to re-sign him seem to hold water to me, for whatever reason.

Philli may be sellers and besides the gratuitous Gerioux  rumor, Delzotto and Streit, 2 Isle castoffs could be for sale...  Any thought of a swap for say Kuli and Gorges and maybe a 4th rounder.

Twitter sphere saying quins possibly interested in Kuli... who would you want back?

Edited by North Buffalo

The Kings are actively trying to trade Marian Gaborik. #lavoiedubé

Good luck with that

Duchene, Vanek, Kulikov, Vrbata and Lazar are top 5 on the TSN Hockey Trade Bait list. Duchene/Lazar may not go...the other 3 very likely.

@FriedgeHNIC  1h1 hour ago
 Some things to watch: BOS/maybe CAL on Vrbata. FLA/LA on Vanek. Del Zotto showcase last night for PHI.

Philli may be sellers and besides the gratuitous Gerioux  rumor, Delzotto and Streit, 2 Isle castoffs could be for sale...  Any thought of a swap for say Kuli and Gorges and maybe a 4th rounder.

Twitter sphere saying quins possibly interested in Kuli... who would you want back?

In both cases i'm guessing picks are what will be exchanged for pending UFAs. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.