Trade ideas and speculation

Hoss

Quite frankly the expectations of playoffs this year were a bit grandiose anyway. Impossible? Improbable? Yes. That goes no matter who the coach is, although I'm not a big fan of Bylsma.

Babcock is going to make the playoffs with that roster. I'd bet anything he could have us in the playoffs

Babcock is going to make the playoffs with that roster. I'd bet anything he could have us in the playoffs

I'm saying probability. I would not make that bet. We have glaring weaknesses beyond coaching still to fill. I also think you underestimate Toronto's talent more than I do.

True, but I don't think his value will be any lower than it is now. With Kane being the principle piece, I'm willing to make a deal.

Ghost is the next Marc-Andre Gragnani.   He's an absolute mess defensively.    If you teach him to play D properly his offensive production (what little he's had this year) will decline, and he's small... no thank you.      You put him on this Sabres team and you're just asking for trouble.    

Understood but you said limp in to the playoffs....if they get in it, they won't limp in. They need to get hot. If they do then there is a chance to win in 1st round I know it's not probable

My mistake on the wording.

Ghost is the next Marc-Andre Gragnani. He's an absolute mess defensively. If you teach him to play D properly his offensive production (what little he's had this year) will decline, and he's small... no thank you. You put him on this Sabres team and you're just asking for trouble.

He's the exact same size as Karlsson. His offensive ability is exactly what this team needs

He's the exact same size as Karlsson. His offensive ability is exactly what this team needs

You think Bylsma will let him loose?    He only has 4 goals this season, and is a liability in his own end.   Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit.

You think Bylsma will let him loose? He only has 4 goals this season, and is a liability in his own end. Sounds like he'd be a perfect fit.

So we can't trade for good players because our coach blows?

Since when is it a good idea to judge a defensmen based on his goals? He has 21 points despite being benched. His advanced stats are years better than those on his team, and he's young. Liability in his own end? He creates offense more than he's a liability, if he is indeed one. His stats say exactly that

Name one defensmen not named Risto that even comes close to Ghost

Edited by WildCard

So we can't trade for good players because our coach blows?

Since when is it a good idea to judge a defensmen based on his goals? He has 21 points despite being benched. His advanced stats are years better than those on his team, and he's young. Liability in his own end? He creates offense more than he's a liability, if he is indeed one. His stats say exactly that

Name one defensmen not named Risto that even comes close to Ghost

Bogosian

Both in the minus teens this season with little offensive production to speak of.

You don't improve a team with a -20 goal differential by adding a defenseman who is a -19 in 48 games.     That's going in the wrong direction.

True, but I don't think his value will be any lower than it is now. With Kane being the principle piece, I'm willing to make a deal.

I would trade Kane for the right top three (not top 4) defence-man

Ghost is not that guy.

If we could get him for pennies on the dollar though, sign me up.

Bogosian

Both in the minus teens this season with little offensive production to speak of.

You don't improve a team with a -20 goal differential by adding a defenseman who is a -19 in 48 games. That's going in the wrong direction.

Bogo, seriously? Goal differential isn't just the addition subtraction of +/-. Judging impact by that is absurd

And what is Bogosian production? I hardly believe his stats come close to Ghosts

I would trade Kane for the right top three (not top 4) defence-man

Ghost is not that guy.

If we could get him for pennies on the dollar though, sign me up.

That's the price these days. You're not getting a top 3 guy for Kane.

Though I firmly believe Ghost is a top pairing guy

That's the price these days. You're not getting a top 3 guy for Kane.

Though I firmly believe Ghost is a top pairing guy

1) Which is why I don't think we should trade Kane because the hole it fills won't match the hole it creates

2) First pairing guy has to defend. And don't say Karlsson, because he has the puck and is moving it to the other end. Ghost isn't that guy. At best he's Tyson Barrie.

Edited by dudacek

1) Which is why I don't think we should trade Kane because the hole it fills won't match the hole it creates

2) First pairing guy has to defend. And don't say Karlsson, because he has the puck and is moving it to the other end. Ghost isn't that guy. At best he's Tyson Barrie.

His stats say he's fine doing what he's doing. I hardly believe he's Franson in his own end. He's also a sophomore, he can correct defensive lapses

Bogo has more defensive struggles in his own end than anyone I can remember. Well Gorges too

Ghost is having a hard time adjusting to increased responsibility in his D Zone this season, a sophomore slump as Marty Biron put it. Plus Streit, Del Zotto and Schultz's Contracts are up after this season. He is not going anywhere.

Quit killing my dreams Brawndo!

Fine, then give me Lazar

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.