Be honest: Dumbest hockey thing you ever posted

BetweenThePipes00

I'm with Physics...Kalinin was a great 4 on 4 player and I thought he could be an All-Star. He was just too nice of a guy.

I thought Michael Grosek was going to be a 400 goal scorer and a top power forward for a decade.

Taylor Pyatt 300.

I celebrated with PA as the first few posters to be excited about Pegula taking over the team.

I thought pretty highly of Dan Paille before his Sabre career quickly stagnated.  I'm sure I had a post or two about that.  I even bought his jersey.  Luckily I switched that to Mike Grier a year or two later, which served me well at BU games.

Probably just about anything I've ever said on this forum... Which is why I don't post much in the actual hockey related threads.

But uh, I was a rather over zealous brand new hockey fan a couple years ago and was paying attention to up and coming players... I posted a video of Andreas Athanasiou (red wings prospect) to d4rk's fb page and he and his friend just made fun of me for it. I still cringe about it.

Haven't posted anything since, really. Still learning the ropes- maybe someday I'll feel I've got a right/enough knowledge to post stuff. I write posts and then delete them more than I actually ever hit the damn "post" button.

I have no recollection of this.

But I'm sure Shaw or Rookie were involved.

I have a long standing penchant for becoming a fan of fringe Sabres players, especially after trades. (as evidenced by my user name)

the ones off the top of my head:

-Thinking Brad Boyes was going to become a 20-30 goal scorer consistently. Just needed a change of scenery

-Wanting Paul Gaustad to play in a top line role due to his faceoff prowess and physicality. Wanted that whole team to get tougher - now we can't score a goal to save our lives and it sucks.

...and of course my unabashed love and support for Cody Hodgson. He's gonna be good this year guys. :thumbsup:

Probably just about anything I've ever said on this forum... Which is why I don't post much in the actual hockey related threads. 

But uh, I was a rather over zealous brand new hockey fan a couple years ago and was paying attention to up and coming players... I posted a video of Andreas Athanasiou (red wings prospect) to d4rk's fb page and he and his friend just made fun of me for it. I still cringe about it.

Haven't posted anything since, really. Still learning the ropes- maybe someday I'll feel I've got a right/enough knowledge to post stuff. I write posts and then delete them more than I actually ever hit the damn "post" button. 

I am the same, and I believe there are a lot more like us. That is why there are a lot of lurkers. I'm willing to bet that a large percentage of lurkers have written a great post and just are unsure of the out come for hitting "post" and just move on.

Lindy stifles offensive talent.

The Sabres just sucked, I blamed Lindy, please forgive.

Edited by Woods-Racer

I was really mad when Tim Kennedy was cut.   :ph34r:

Right there with you. I under stood it once the whole thing was explained, but I was pretty upset for a while.

I have a long standing penchant for becoming a fan of fringe Sabres players, especially after trades. (as evidenced by my user name)

the ones off the top of my head:

-Thinking Brad Boyes was going to become a 20-30 goal scorer consistently. Just needed a change of scenery

-Wanting Paul Gaustad to play in a top line role due to his faceoff prowess and physicality. Wanted that whole team to get tougher - now we can't score a goal to save our lives and it sucks.

...and of course my unabashed love and support for Cody Hodgson. He's gonna be good this year guys. :thumbsup:

Goose was my guy after the lockout. And then Lucic happened. I do still have a stick signed by him, though.

Ghost helped me out. I liked the first several minutes of Terry's tenure. Dumb.

The Pegula thing is an interesting one when thinking of it as "Seemed right at the time, but turns out I was wrong." With players, it's easy to look back as see we were right or wrong. Evaluating owners is way harder .. they tend to be around a lot longer and can get better or worse ... they can also get lucky or unlucky. 

With this ownership, while it has been disappointing obviously, they could still end up being wildly successful and winning Cups as we thought they would in 2011. Maybe in spite of themselves, maybe out of sheer longevity they eventually stumble on the right mix of management and players (which is what I think happened with RWS and the 1985-1999 Bills), or maybe because they learned from mistakes ... who knows? I don't consider the early excitement "dumb" any more than I consider criticism for recent results unfair. They are what they are. Unlike Drew Stafford, they can still change what they are.

During one of the Ducks' down years there were Myers/Getzlaf rumors, as Getzlaf was in a huge slump and it seemed Myers might need a change of scenery. I think this was during one of our two playoff seasons post-black-Sunday, and even though I knew we had little center depth, I was dead set against trading Myers for Getzlaf, whether we had to add or not. Pretty silly of me.

I said that Linday Ruff deserved to stay on as the coach of the Sabres until he retired.  (I still agree with the sentiment behind that - he was the guy that kept the team respectable through the whole Rigas/bankruptcy/league control/Golisano/ period.)

It was deadline day, 2015. I was sitting in my living room. It seemed that every post I read was how darcy was masterminding the tank in Arizona. And then I said the dumbest thing I've ever said.

".... It's not like he's the president of Hockey Operations!"

To which I believe it was Glass Case Of Whiskey Pommer Fan responded with "... Uh, yeah he is."

Yup, that was stupid.

Also, I can't spell. Ever.

It was deadline day, 2015. I was sitting in my living room. It seemed that every post I read was how darcy was masterminding the tank in Arizona. And then I said the dumbest thing I've ever said.

".... It's not like he's the ###### president of Hockey Operations!"

To which I believe it was Glass Case Of Whiskey Pommer Fan responded with "... Uh, yeah he is."

Yup, that was stupid.

Also, I can't spell. Ever.

:lol:

I was also really angry about the Kane trade at the time.  Jury is still kind of out on that one, but I no longer view it in such harsh light.

I think there were only a handful of posters that weren't very upset during the first few pages of that thread. I was definitely not a fan of it at first, but the more I got to read about Bogo and Kane the better I felt. Plus, Armia hasn't exactly excelled for his new organization.

Edit: Oh and I was absolutely convinced we'd get McDavid and Babcock.  

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.