Dan Bylsma new Sabres head coach (now official!)

spndnchz

This system sucks.

Nah.  There are strong puck-carriers on the team, so who wouldn't want dump-and chase?

Matt Moulson and Cal O'Reilly are currently in our top-6.

Moulson belongs there and would have the output to show for it if he were.  If Cal played top 6 tonight, that's on Bylsma, not the roster.

Edited by Eleven

Nah.  There are strong puck-carriers on the team, so who wouldn't want dump-and chase?

Moulson belongs there and would have the output to show for it if he were.  If Cal played top 6 tonight, that's on Bylsma, not the roster.

We couldn't even get out of our own zone tonight. We never even got to the point of being able to dump the puck. Not really sure "system" had anything to do with tonight's outcome.

With that said, I'm pretty sure, like 99.9%, that DD will not be our coach when we challenge for a cup. It still doesn't mean that what he is doing isn't a welcome relief or not good for the team for where they are now.

Nah. There are strong puck-carriers on the team, so who wouldn't want dump-and chase?

Moulson belongs there and would have the output to show for it if he were. If Cal played top 6 tonight, that's on Bylsma, not the roster.

Moulson does not belong on the top line. Just doesn't anymore.

As for Cal...what other options are there with the injuries?

I'm pretty sure, like 99.9%, that DD will not be our coach when we challenge for a cup. It still doesn't mean that what he is doing isn't a welcome relief or not good for the team for where they are now.

What a contradictory statement. I like it!

Moulson does not belong on the top line. Just doesn't anymore.

As for Cal...what other options are there with the injuries?

Exactly. Bylsma said before the game Moulson's game isn't where it should be. So of course where he should be is the top line. But down a goal late? He doesn't belong there. That and the challenges... it's a gong show behind the bench.

I think Moulson totally sucks and doesn't even belong in the line up let alone on the top line

I think Moulson totally sucks and doesn't even belong in the line up let alone on the top line

When players like Moulson Gionta Weber and a few others are replaced with younger faster better hockey players this team will be a real strong playoff team. Meanwhile while they are still on the team faster teams will give us fits and losses like last night.

Shots are 24-13 in the second right now.

Nice system, ######.

Given that many games they have out shot their opponent this year I'm not sure this is valid criticism. The talent is thin on this team and with 3 of the top 9 players out this is what you will see.  Tack on the late trip back from Colorado and you had the makings of a bad game.

Given that many games they have out shot their opponent this year I'm not sure this is valid criticism. The talent is thin on this team and with 3 of the top 9 players out this is what you will see.  Tack on the late trip back from Colorado and you had the makings of a bad game.

Are they still outshooting most of their opponents?  I know that was common in the first parts of the season, I haven't paid close attention but it seemed to me they are getting outshot more often than not recently.

Are they still outshooting most of their opponents? I know that was common in the first parts of the season, I haven't paid close attention but it seemed to me they are getting outshot more often than not recently.

You are correct. We haven't been out shooting opponents regularly since early November. We were bottom five last time I checked the possession stats.

My mistake..

I see that the Sabres have 1415 SOG this year and have given up 1459. It seems the Detroit game flung the SOG further into the negative differentia but it had been close. I was off on the "many".

Last year they had 1984 and gave up 2920.

The year before that they had 2156 and gave up 2816.

This year averaging 29.5 SOG/game and giving up 30.4

Last year?  24.2 SOG/game and giving up 35.6.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.