All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

Why do I get the impression some people on here won't be able to sleep tonight? :angel:

I haven't had booze in the house since the superbowl. Bought a 30 of blue last night for the game. I'll be putting another significant dent in it tonight and then passing out. When I wake up, around 1, the Sabres will have Babcock as head coach.

No. He will just hire somebody else.

If Murray can't work out some arrangement with Babcock re: input on players, Murray won't be hiring anyone. He'll be fired.

Right, which is what anyone reasonable should expect.  I'd liked how he compared this situation with Nolan's.  Murray wasn't going to trust or care what Nolan had to say...but he will with Babcock.

If it's so reasonable — if it's standard operating procedure for GMs and coaches — why the need to negotiate? I think it's something a bit more than Babcock gets to give his input.

If Murray can't work out some arrangement with Babcock re: input on players, Murray won't be hiring anyone. He'll be fired.

If it's so reasonable — if it's standard operating procedure for GMs and coaches — why the need to negotiate? I think it's something a bit more than Babcock gets to give his input.

I'm assuming Babcock has done his homework and is familiar with the less-than-great working relationship Murray had with Nolan, and wants assurances that's not going to happen with him.

You'd rather call him Babs?

I struggle with this. Not natural at all.

C0cks. I realy like C0cks.

But this, no.

I'm a big fan of The c0ck.

:blink:

See. And from the bulge no less.

The kind with the chz that squirts in your mouth

Well I'm glad I got over posting about that.

Now possible reports Sabres are offering a 10 year/$50 million contract...WOW!! Detroit was said to not be budging from $3.25 million, lol

...and that $3.25 million annually is only for a few years with Detroit.  Not that Babcock is pinching pennies, but that type of long time security ($50 million) is too glaring for even a coach like Babcock to overlook I would think.

Now possible reports Sabres are offering a 10 year/$50 million contract...WOW!! Detroit was said to not be budging from $3.25 million, lol

That was just whoever on WGR blabbing his mouth.  He later clarified, after a caller questioned him, that he was just stipulating... like, "If he's getting an offer for $%M/yr, can you imagine if it is for ten years... $50M??!?!?!"

Unless there is some rumor from elsewhere.

So are you on board with this or not? And do you still think TP is being cheap with his investment in the Sabres?

Well, he is offering to nearly TRIPLE the pay scale for an NHL head coach....and give him $50 million, who knows how much up front.

So.....the "Small Market" revenue sharing thingie, where Sabres season ticket holders have seen their invoices go up 30% since Pegula purchased the team...and the on-ice results have gone cliff diving those 5 seasons.....

How many people here defend Pegula because he HAS to raise prices for revenue sharing???? He HAS to!!!

I'm sure setting the bar for a head coach like this will really lower costs league wide.....and in turn, the ticket holders. This move alone is going to to zap a solid $30-50 million a year from team profits....that is, unless they make it up somehow.....because they HAVE to!!!

People can't keep trying to pop someone both ways. If you want Babcock at all costs.....you can't blame a guy for saying the revenue sharing issue is BS. It was to begin with.

Once again.....I'm not the one buying the tickets, so feel free to vote with your wallet.

Fwiw. Third-hand. Maybe fourth. But ... I heard a story about there being champagne uncorked in/around the Sabres FO today.

The 3rd season of Glee was just released on DVD.....

Safe to say whatever negotiations that went on between TM and Babcock have concluded since it's 10pm EST.

Now is the time Babs is probably at home conferring with his family.

I would say by noon tomorrow EST we'll have an answer one way or the other.

But if it has gotten to this point where salary has been agreed upon and control of the franchise is all that needs to be ironed out, I don't see this falling apart.

I said yesterday the odds were 50% Detroit, 20% Buffalo, and 10% split between St. Louis, Toronto, & SJ.

Now I would say it's 75% Buffalo and 25% Detroit.

The only way Babcock bails is if he is fearful he won't get the control he is looking for.  I don't see that happening considering Murray's history with Babs.  Also, I believe that Murray respects and trusts Babs a lot more than he respected and trusted Nolan.  Sad as that was for Teddy, it's the truth.

Billionaires with the willingness to do whatever it takes to secure a certain outcome rarely lose.

I would be very surprised if Babs isn't coach of the Sabres by lunch tomorrow.

Very.

Edited by dejeanneret

That was just whoever on WGR blabbing his mouth.  He later clarified, after a caller questioned him, that he was just stipulating... like, "If he's getting an offer for $%M/yr, can you imagine if it is for ten years... $50M??!?!?!"

Unless there is some rumor from elsewhere.

The report was from Matthew Coller from WGR, he allegedly was hearing the offer from the Sabres was "in the range of $50 Million dollars"

Bulldog was speculating that it had to be for 8-10 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.