All about the Babwatch -- Sabres out

matter2003

My apologies on that one shrader. Even though I come from the land of McDavid, I did indeed know that Eichel played for Boston University. Typo on my part.

And a shout out to Hoss for showing me how to use the quote button. Still a student on this site but I am learning. Thank guys for keeping me honest!

No problem, eman. Always good to hear new voices around here.

Just can't. Tried. Can't. I remembered that this dude is the dude who went on WGR near the end of the tank and said he, and everyone else in hockey, was rooting against the Sabres finishing 30th. He and Wysh, a little bit goes a long way.

Down Goes Brown is smart and funny.

I know what you were trying to get at, but if you're giving me $4.5M, i'm totally taking it. Expected payout is $4.5M vs $1M ($5M * 20%) with the other one. That's a no brainer.

Yeah, there is a very long stream of academic literature on this.  And, overwhelmingly people select the certain payout as you suggest.

Even when the certain payout is considerably less than the gamble payout, instead of 90% of it.

There's no gambling at all in the scenario that was outlined.  You're being handed $4.5 million but then there's a 20% chance that they give you and extra half million.  There was never any chance of losing anything.

LTS: I agree with Touched by Boyes. If I have a 100% chance of getting 4.5 million dollars and only a 20 % chance of 5 million, I'm holding up the 4.5 million sign. Not even a question. I was just commenting on another post that claimed that Murray shouldn't be criticized for getting Eichel (and I wasn't criticizing him for that at all) It really did seem at the post lottery presser that he was truly disappointed with not getting the first pick. Hence that infamous quote of his which SportsCentre enjoyed replaying.

Even if you are disappointed, I felt Murray shouldn't have said what he did because as everyone here agrees, Jack Eichel is a very good player and we are getting him. This caused me to seriously question TM as our new messiah. He did a lot to redeem himself in my eyes with the coaching search presser post Mike Babcock.

SportsCentre then brought up the question, "How do you feel if you are Eichel and his camp?" What if you now decide to go back to Boston College for another year? They never answered their question and that worried me because I didn't understand the NCAA rules regarding drafting their players (which was later pointed out to me by another poster and I am grateful for that)

I got scared we were going to lose both Eichel and McDavid (and now with the loss of Babcock) I just felt all this insanity the past 2 seasons was going to be for absolutely nothing! I am glad we have Jack and I want nothing but success for him here (which would translate into success for this club and us fans. Anyhow, as I stated, if Murray can turn this around, I am ready to worship at his altar.

If you wanted to see disappointment, did you see McDavid's face when the Edmonton sign went up? He could barely mask it. Poor kid. He really, truly wanted to come here. Many of  my friends mentioned the same thing. In Jack we shall now trust!

Not the way I read it then and not the way I read it now (one only gets to hold up one of the signs), but if that's what he meant, I get it.

Summed up quick.. yes, I left that part out.  You are going to get money anyway.  I wouldn't dispute it the other way.  I know the research as well. :)  If I had 20% of $5m and it was that or nothing or 100% at 4.5m I am going 4.5m all the way.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.