2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

I only saw the end of the second, but saw all 3 goals, there was a lot of flow, it wasn't offense back and forth but rather a chess match..... Sure it's not crazy scoring but the Rags have had all 1 goal games these playoffs which is pretty impressive in its own merit

So wait, you guys are saying that wasn't an exciting game?

I often find low scoring games to be exciting. The problem I have right now is that I am finding it hard to get past the feeling of inevitability I have when watching the Rangers right now. No matter how exciting or non-exciting the games actually are, they are almost always ending 2-1. That is now 7 of their 9 victories that are by the 2-1 score, and 9 of their games overall. Watching the game, it just feels (and lately, rightly so) that the game is going to end 2-1 Rangers, and it's just a matter of time. It's the repetition and seeming inevitability that gets me.

Edited by Thorny

That's what I'm saying. Dump & chase, clutch & grab. Wash, rinse, repeat. Games are being decided on lucky bounces more so than ever. There is no offensive flow,  no place for talented forwards to showcase their game. I don't want to see a team win because they got the last lucky bounce. I want to see a team win because they dominated offensively. I'm just not seeing it,  these games have become repetitive. When I go back and look at the box scores from right after the lockout 10 years ago, there is no comparison. 

I often find low scoring games to be exciting. The problem I have right now is that I am finding it hard to get past the feeling of inevitability I have when watching the Rangers right now. No matter how exciting or non-exciting the games actually are, they are almost always ending 2-1. That is now 7 of their 9 victories that are by the 2-1 score, and 9 of their games overall. Watching the game, it just feels (and lately, rightly so) that the game is going to end 2-1 Rangers, and it's just a matter of time. It's the repetition and seeming inevitability that gets me.

Exactly. I don't care how good goaltending has become,  or should be, but teams should not have a winning record when scoring 2 goals. Might as well go watch soccer. 

Exactly. I don't care how good goaltending has become,  or should be, but teams should not have a winning record when scoring 2 goals. Might as well go watch soccer. 

But idiot Bettman will look only at TV ratings and attendance and come to the conclusion that nothing is wrong with the game.  

Yes.  That's what I'm saying.  That game bored me to tears.  It was fitting that the Lightning goal was a beautiful passing play, and both Rangers goals were lucky bounces in front of the net.

I want to watch flow.  Let the most talented hockey players in the world play talented hockey.  I can watch ECHL bodies slam into one another and it doesn't bother me.  On the biggest stage in hockey?  It pisses me the off.  Well, actually I'm just generally pissed today.  But that game didn't help at all.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.