2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

I was hoping TB would score on the 4-on-4 so they could say they scored in each 8 skater on the ice situation there was.

Unfortunately I think it was "technically" a 5-4 SH goal as time just expired to Boyle.

On another though, anyone wanna stop Johnson this game, he's gonna be good

They were no American Idol 5th runner up. 

I was just wondering what others thought about that. Usually more often than not the anthem has a stirring or powerful rendition at sporting events but tonight it was just different.

As far as the game goes imo this has been terrific. Hoping Tampa can take this one.

I was just wondering what others thought about that. Usually more often than not the anthem has a stirring or powerful rendition at sporting events but tonight it was just different.

As far as the game goes imo this has been terrific. Hoping Tampa can take this one.

I heard Jon Amirante really got the shaft this year. He was basically pushed out coming into the playoffs. The dude's old as dirt but still damn good. Fans were pissed. 

Ah. Gotcha. One game of fun and excitement doesn't make up for the bore that Rangers hockey has been all postseason. :P

They haven't all been stinkers, but yes, the Rangers on the whole play some pretty boring hockey. I just don't think it's as big of a  league wide problem that some other threads suggest.

-----------

I don't know if it was a fan or a player, but that was an awesomely audible F### heard when Tampa scored.

Edited by SumpfV

I hate to agree with Milbury but the refs were calling everything and then did just decide to kind of stop, for whatever reason.... Then started calling again.

Rangers actually looked good

But so did Chicago last night

I thought the reason they didn't call the trip on Moore was because the didn't call the dive on him moments earlier.

I thought the reason they didn't call the trip on Moore was because the didn't call the dive on him moments earlier.

I guess that could be true, I'm not a big fan of make up calls, if you miss it, then move on, but if it happens in front of you then call it.... But the make up call is evident in all sports.

Either way I think both series has the ability to go 7

Unfortunately I think it was "technically" a 5-4 SH goal as time just expired to Boyle.

On another though, anyone wanna stop Johnson this game, he's gonna be good

Technically, yes. But if you look at the clock, the goal was a 5v3 shorty. Do the Rangers say time expired on the first penalty to try to save face? Maybe it looks bad to have a 5v3 shorty scored and is demoralizing, but a 5v4 shorty isn't as bad. I don't know why teams fudge the clock like they do, but I feel this is a pretty blatant adjustment. I notice this throughout the regular season, and I think Paul Hamilton commented on it once and said NJ is notorious for such actions. Too bad, too. I wonder how many 5v3 shorties have been scored in the playoffs.

Ryan Getzlaf. The Hawk's ice the puck and call timeout, after the Ducks sustained a 2 minute attack. Getzlaf on the ensuing faceoffs doesn't even make an attempt at the puck, he just breaks Vermette's stick on the draw. That's just a smart hockey play. Vermette's line has been on the ice for 2 minutes and now they are shorthanded in the D-zone. It lead to a great scoring chance for the Ducks, which Getzlaf rang off the bar.

How in the hell is Oduya not penalized for going after Sekac? Crawford was clearly outside the crease and fair game to get hit. Gotta love the consistency. 

WTF was Duncan Keith doing standing around instead of trying to get Perry out of the crease? Dude was literally on top of Crawford, lol...

As opposed to figuratively? 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.