2015 NHL Playoffs: Round 3

LGR4GM

Tampa vs. Rangers should be about as exciting as watching corn grow in the desert.

I think it will be substantially better than NYR-WAS, which was an interminable demonstration of the NHL's need to adjust the rules to increase offense.

I really hope Tampa wins. But I think either Anaheim or Chicago winning would provide a great series in the event Tampa does win. Anaheim has been pretty exciting, getting lots of depth scoring and putting together some nice goals.

I'm pulling for Tampa and Chicago. That could be a fun series.

Agreed. I honestly believe Tampa's offensive depth will be able to break through the Rangers defensive scheme...unless they play like they have for much of the first two rounds, in which case we have more 2-1 games on the horizon.

NHL FINALLY gets the schedule up for the third round! (not sarcasm) http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=767618&navid=nhl:topheads

I gambled earlier today and bought up some tickets for Anaheim Game 5, and the game will in fact fall on the date I'll be in LA.... w00t!

That's great stuff!

We took an honor society trip in high school and it was between Washington, Philly, and Boston. I argued the case for Boston, we ended up going there, and my teacher who was in charge of the trip called me out that the only reason I did it was sports related. It was....we'd be there for games 3+4 of the opening round of the playoffs. Sadly the Sabres opened in Boston and Mayday happened as 10 of us were in my hotel room....and I swear to the Baby Jesus....we went into the housekeeping closet and ran through the hotel with brooms.

Tampa vs. Rangers should be about as exciting as watching corn grow in the desert. 

Agreed.  I doubt I will be able to find the enthusiasm to actually sit down in front of a TV for these games.

The other series will decide the Cup Winner; I'll follow that closely.

That's great stuff!

We took an honor society trip in high school and it was between Washington, Philly, and Boston. I argued the case for Boston, we ended up going there, and my teacher who was in charge of the trip called me out that the only reason I did it was sports related. It was....we'd be there for games 3+4 of the opening round of the playoffs. Sadly the Sabres opened in Boston and Mayday happened as 10 of us were in my hotel room....and I swear to the Baby Jesus....we went into the housekeeping closet and ran through the hotel with brooms.

Awesome.

I think the Hawks in 7, Lightning in 6.

The West will win the cup no matter what.

I hate afternoon games. Anyway, I'm keeping my wagon hitched to Tampa. I shouldn't, they haven't looked good, but I think their forward depth will be too much for the Rangers...on paper at least. I've got Chicago in the West, just think they're a little better across the board, although their thing blue line is a concern. Wouldn't surprise me to see the Ducks pull it off.

The story of Jon Cooper's path to the NHL is pretty interesting. Heard Joe Micheletti talking about it on the Fan yesterday. Winning the SC is pretty much all he has left to do.

Decided to look it up and even though the writer uses the phrase "could have went", it's still a good read.

http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/2015/04/unlikely_path_to_nhl_coaching.html

20 minutes to game time, more or less.

I'll be setting the DVR and then heading out to do some stuff.

I have hated afternoon hockey my entire life.  It just doesn't feel right to me.

I'll watch this thing in prime time tonight.  I can FF through commercials and intermissions that way too!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.