Not happy with Eichel?

Doohickie

Louis is clearly a glass half full kind of guy. As am I. I woke up this morning which is amazing in itself. The sun is shining and we get to take Jack eichel with our pick in the N.H.L. entry draft.

28 teams wish they were in our position and given the opportunity would also take Jack Eichel. He's clearly that good. Its a great time to be a Buffalo Sabres fan.

Where'd I put my shades ?

Edited by bunomatic

You don't like Conan? Some men just want to watch the world burn.

Nah, never was a big fan of him. I really enjoyed Ferguson and Colbert. Letterman is going through the motions, Ferguson's replacement is just terrible and Fallon has yet to grow on me. Pretty much down to watching a few Netflix series. Curious to see how Colbert pans out on prime time. 

I don't think anyone is "not happy" with Eichel. But last night was about McDavid. The kid who has been the #1 pick since he was 15. It's okay for people to be disappointed in missing out on McDavid and still be happy about getting Eichel.

I'm with u. I knew Buffalo wasn't going to win that lottery. It's typical but then again it's Buffalo. Go figure. But I'm going to say this and im gonna keep saying it. I cannot wait until Murray goes up to the podium and picks Jack Eichel. I think people are selling this guy short. He's dynamic, great skater, strong and will only get better. He played against older competition than McDavid and dominated as a freshman. What's not to like plus he's a workout freak.

Strawman of the Year. But I appreciate any chance to hear Louis.

My favorite Louis CK bit is when he talks about the Boston accent.

"People call it the Boston accent, it's not an accent, it's a whole city of people saying most words wrong. It's just stupidity in a massive region."

And btw, I'm happier than a pig in to have Eichel. I like his bigger frame much more.

Edited by Claude Balls

Over the past few years I have always said if I have to pick one player to build a team around I would pick Toews instead of Crosby... So by that thinking I should also pick Eichel over McDavid... I think everyone was a little bit sad at first but let him play a few games here and damn we are going to love this kid just as much as we would have loved McDavid.

Tim Murray apparently.  The man needs to do a mia culpa saying he is sorry about any negative feelings he might have created towards Jack E and do a little grovelling.  It would really suck if Sabres lost Jack to.  Can he not declare for the draft?

I think this excerpt from an article yesterday pretty much explains it: "Sure, Murray was disappointed Saturday night after losing the No. 1 pick in the lottery -- that's the competitor in him. He doesn't want to lose at anything." To extrapolate that into he doesn't want Jack Eichel is taking it a bit far. I don't think even Eichel sees it the way you do.

Tim Murray apparently.  The man needs to do a mia culpa saying he is sorry about any negative feelings he might have created towards Jack E and do a little grovelling.  It would really suck if Sabres lost Jack to.  Can he not declare for the draft?

According to SBNation, EIchel does not have to declare himself for the draft.

"The NHL entry draft is one of universal eligibility. If you're 18 and real (or not), you are eligible to be drafted into the NHL. One doesn't have to "declare"."

I think this excerpt from an article yesterday pretty much explains it: "Sure, Murray was disappointed Saturday night after losing the No. 1 pick in the lottery -- that's the competitor in him. He doesn't want to lose at anything." To extrapolate that into he doesn't want Jack Eichel is taking it a bit far. I don't think even Eichel sees it the way you do.

I've been critical of Murray, but people are taking his "disappointment" way out of context.  It is right and appropriate to say you are disappointed in not drafting first.  That is just common sense.  Not sure why people equate that to disappointment in Eichel.  I didn't hear that at all.  I'm sure if Murray had another chance, he would have just given the sterile, canned GM answer.

This isn't football.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.