Not happy with Eichel?

Doohickie

It seems like they may have carried that over from the old rules because there is no mentioning of that at all in the CBA.  Here is the cut and paste from the current CBA:

I'm a bit confused by what you linked to on the NHL website.  How did you get to that link?  The only place I even see the words "Hockey Operations" doesn't have an active link.

I got the link from Wikipedia '2015 NHL Entry Draft'. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_NHL_Entry_Draft

Yours looks identical without the addition of actual dates. According to my link they have until May 1 to declare.... or "opt in". 

I've never been disappointed in the chance to draft Eichel.  I am disappointed in not winning the chance to draft McDavid.  The more I hear about Eichel the less and less I am disappointed in not drafting first.  Eichel actually does somethings better than McDavid and there is a chance that he becomes better than McDavid.

Yours looks identical without the addition of actual dates. According to my link they have until May 1 to declare.... or "opt in". 

It has to be an old link.  Like I said, there is no mentioning of an opt-in in the CBA.  And since you mentioned the dates, here is that section of the CBA:

8.10 Age of Players.
As used in this Article, "age 18" means a Player reaching his eighteenth
birthday between January 1 next preceding the Entry Draft and September 15 next following the
Entry Draft, both dates included; "age 19" means a Player reaching his nineteenth birthday by no
later than September 15 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age 20" means a Player reaching
his twentieth birthday by no later than December 31 in the calendar year of the Entry Draft; "age
21" means a Player reaching his twenty-first birthday by December 31 in the calendar year of the
Entry Draft; and "age 22" means a Player reaching his twenty-second birthday by December 31
in the calendar year of the Entry Draft.

It has to be an old link.  Like I said, there is no mentioning of an opt-in in the CBA.  And since you mentioned the dates, here is that section of the CBA:

Come on shrader. Don't you know that wikipedia is a much better source than whatever "CBA" you keep mentioning?

Didn't you learn anything in college? :nana:

Come on shrader. Don't you know that wikipedia is a much better source than whatever "CBA" you keep mentioning?

Didn't you learn anything in college? :nana:

According to Wikipedia, Wikipedia was created while I was in college.  I think the internet in general was still the "never cite it" source at that point.

The source is from NHL.com. But thanks for playing. 

I know how to read JJ. No need for the snark. I am 99% sure that your link says "en.wikipedia.org"

I'll adjust my glasses next time.

According to Wikipedia, Wikipedia was created while I was in college.  I think the internet in general was still the "never cite it" source at that point.

Citing from the internet was way harder than from a legitimate book/article source. The web address alone can go one for miles. :wallbash:

I know how to read JJ. No need for the snark. I am 99% sure that your link says "en.wikipedia.org"

I'll adjust my glasses next time.

Don't want snark, don't start with it. 

The source for my link was on the Wiki page...... it was an NHL.com source. I clearly posted that several posts back. Shrader asked where I got it from. Wiki didn't claim the info............ NHL.com did........therefore NHL.com is the source. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

The source for my link was on the Wiki page...... it was an NHL.com source. I clearly posted that several posts back. Shrader asked where I got it from. Wiki didn't claim the info............ NHL.com did........therefore NHL.com is the source. 

If you're looking for information, you're best going off right here.  I can't say that I ever bothered looking at a wikipedia citation before, but there's bound to be a ton of old links in there.

Whatever man. Just a harmless comment.

College professors always told me not to use/trust wikipedia as a source, and this was a perfect example of what they were talking about.

Edited by Touched by Boyes

Whatever man. Just a harmless comment.

College professors always told me not to use/trust wikipedia as a source, and this was a perfect example of what they were talking about.

So was mine. You came back with a condescending comment regarding my link. 

I didn't use Wikipedia as a source. Nothing I quoted came from Wikipedia. I could just as easily have done a search for 'NHL draft eligibility' and the link I used from NHL.com is #3 on the list. Regardless of where I got my link from Wikipedia was not my source. 

Do you need a hug?  :flirt:

Edited by JJFIVEOH

If you're looking for information, you're best going off right here.  I can't say that I ever bothered looking at a wikipedia citation before, but there's bound to be a ton of old links in there.

Thanks, I'll save that for future use. I would think NHL.com would delete old information, at the very least date it. 

So was mine. You came back with a condescending comment regarding my link. 

I didn't use Wikipedia as a source. Nothing I quoted came from Wikipedia. I could just as easily have done a search for 'NHL draft eligibility' and the link I used from NHL.com is #3 on the list. Regardless of where I got my link from Wikipedia was not my source. 

Do you need a hug?  :flirt:

No need to explain further. Wikipedia was the link you gave in your original post. That's what I was talking about. Shrader had a better source.

S'all good.

It's pretty simple actually. For once, it would be nice if Buffalo had the best of the best. If we were on all of the headlines, had the spotlight, the poster-child, etc. I'm disappointed too, but you get more attention for winning than anything else, so if Eichel and Murray bring a Cup to Buffalo, we'll have our moment in the sun.

Do you really think NBCSN isn't going to play-up American-born Eichel nearly as much as McDavid? If nothing else, it drums up viewers for the Olympics.

A wise man once said: go to a few wiki pages for something you know a lot about. You'll start to see mistakes here and there. Coupled with the stories of experts in their field correcting wrong information only to have someone change it back to the wrong information you need to take it with a bit of salt.

I only posted bunny pics to deter that Georgia poster from declaring doom on the tank.

I know, but the bunny pics where funny and I figured that there was no way you were ready to drop the nuclear bunny pic photo bomb on JJ

I can give you a hug while wearing a bunny costume. Is that close enough?  :D

Best offer I had all day!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.