Not happy with Eichel?

Doohickie

Unfortunately, Eichel has always been the "#2" in the "McEichel" conversation.

This leads one to believe he is somehow deficient.

It is important to remember he is a big, strong, great skater with tons of talent, tons of hockey IQ, a wicked shot, and he is said to be a pretty fierce competitor who hates to lose.  You can win Cups with guys like that.  

Eichel, Kane, Zemgod Googlezins, Samson, Risto, and Big Z represent the makings of a solid core that could beat a lot of teams in the playoffs.

Throw in Ennis as some tasty spice and let's not forget Pysyk either!

Plus mucho high ranking draft picks not yet picked, free agents not yet acquired, and trades not yet done.

My expectation is to see the best lineup in Sabres history, shortly.

i really don't think that is the case. i have a hard time believing that anyone here believes Eichel is "deficient", or that he will be a bust, or that he won't meet expectations. it is just the buffalo inferiority complex -- this could ONLY happen to Buffalo, where we are put in a situation that leaves us disappointed in getting a franchise player. It is not a dig at Eichel, or anything like that, but it's just logic: you want #1. McDavid has been the consensus #1 for literally years. I think we are all extremely happy with Eichel... but some people think being disappointed over losing the lottery means you think Eichel sucks. Not true. It's just Buffalo finishing 2nd, again.

i really don't think that is the case. i have a hard time believing that anyone here believes Eichel is "deficient", or that he will be a bust, or that he won't meet expectations. it is just the buffalo inferiority complex -- this could ONLY happen to Buffalo, where we are put in a situation that leaves us disappointed in getting a franchise player. It is not a dig at Eichel, or anything like that, but it's just logic: you want #1. McDavid has been the consensus #1 for literally years. I think we are all extremely happy with Eichel... but some people think being disappointed over losing the lottery means you think Eichel sucks. Not true. It's just Buffalo finishing 2nd, again.

I didn't say anyone thinks he is deficient.  My point is that when you have a #2 attached to your name for months it becomes a bit of a scarlet letter, but it shouldn't be.  

Do not think of us losing the lottery.  Think of us as winning it, because that is what Eichel represents in any almost any draft year in at least the last decade.

Eichel is better than anyone Edmonton has gotten thus far with their recent four #1 draft picks, or our own Samson Reinhart for that matter, who was effectively the best forward in the world a year ago.  (In terms of draft participants).

For those of you that feel Eichel just isn't good enough. I happen to love our chance to draft Eichel. I was all in for McDavid but I've come around in the last couple of days.

But for what its worth Gretzky says that McDavid is the best player to come along in 30 years.

It is important to remember he is a big, strong, great skater with tons of talent, tons of hockey IQ, a wicked shot, and he is said to be a pretty fierce competitor who hates to lose.  You can win Cups with guys like that.  

Eichel, Kane, Zemgod Googlezins, Samson, Risto, and Big Z represent the makings of a solid core that could beat a lot of teams in the playoffs.

Throw in Ennis as some tasty spice and let's not forget Pysyk either!

Plus mucho high ranking draft picks not yet picked, free agents not yet acquired, and trades not yet done.

My expectation is to see the best lineup in Sabres history, shortly.

This is a good post, but as to the bolded ... I can't see a lineup better than the one in the mid 70s being possible any time soon, if ever.

I know, but the bunny pics where funny and I figured that there was no way you were ready to drop the nuclear bunny pic photo bomb on JJ

Best offer I had all day!

Nah JJ is my buddy. We've had civil discussions in the past and I backed him when he went all Florida Panthers on us.

The bunnies are only to combat obvious evil.  :devil:

Nah JJ is my buddy. We've had civil discussions in the past and I backed him when he went all Florida Panthers on us.

Speaking of which, JJ, are you back to full-time Sabres now?

This is a good post, but as to the bolded ... I can't see a lineup better than the one in the mid 70s being possible any time soon, if ever.

EDITED: Missed an important piece

This is very interesting

Schoenfeld —Bogosian

Korab — Zadorov

Hajt — Pysyk

Guevremont — Ristolainen

Dudley — Foligno

McNab — Grigorenko

Spencer — Deslauriers

Lorentz — Larsson

Luce — Reinhart

Gare — Kane

Ramsay — Gionta Girgensons

Robert — Ennis

Perreault — Eichel

Martin — some guy we are going to trade Moulson, Gionta and a ton of picks for

Edited by dudacek

And there's nothing wrong with wearing a bunny suit...... right? 

Speaking of which, JJ, are you back to full-time Sabres now?

He's waiting to see if we bring Enroth back ;)

Of course................. unless Enroth comes to Florida. hide.gif

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.