Not happy with Eichel?

Doohickie

Be Nice!

I remember the seventies and I don't remember a big drinking vessel wandering around Buffalo with a bunch of guys from a local hockey team with their names engraved in it claiming they won something.

But if in the next few years that drinking vessel all of a sudden has a bunch Sabres names on it, expectations will be met, and that will be the best team ever.

The only way we get to drink from the Cup of Lord Stanely is to ice a team better than the one from the seventies. As I am a fan, those are my expectations also, to be better than we've ever been.

I remember some very good times, but the future holds expectations that I have never thought possible since I was a very young man.

Only way I wouldn't be happy w/ Eichel is if he doesn't sign w/ the Sabres for the 2015/16 season. Eichel's college coach is encouraging him to move on to the NHL this year, correct? 

No, that's not right.  BU just made him an alternate captain.  Why would anyone want to lose Eichel?

I could have not said it better myself ...  ;)

I am convinced that he (she) is another youngster.  Possibly born in the mid 90s.

I'm not sure. I think that was also a flawed team that got exposed as the 70s went on. They did nothing in the playoffs after 75, and Punch, like Darcy, stubbornly hung on to his core for too long.

I'm not sure. I think that was also a flawed team that got exposed as the 70s went on. They did nothing in the playoffs after 75, and Punch, like Darcy, stubbornly hung on to his core for too long.

All true. Still the best Sabres team ever.

Kidding, right? There is no comparison to be made. Holzinger wasn't a freshman and his speed was only going to take him so far in the NHL because he lacked vision and anything remotely resembling hands.

I called him fists of stone.

EDITED: Missed an important piece

This is very interesting

Schoenfeld —Bogosian

Korab — Zadorov

Hajt — Pysyk

Guevremont — Ristolainen

Dudley — Foligno

McNab — Grigorenko

Spencer — Deslauriers

Lorentz — Larsson

Luce — Reinhart

Gare — Kane

Ramsay — Gionta Girgensons

Robert — Ennis

Perreault — Eichel

Martin — some guy we are going to trade Moulson, Gionta and a ton of picks for

Thank you sir. You're being awfully optimistic about Griggy, but thanks just the same.

• 1 year later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.