McDavid OR Eichel?!?!? DONE.

Brennan Huff

I still believe this is why LaFontaine left. I think the whole organization bought into this idea about tearing it all down and that he wanted to keep Miller and Ott and was not a board on this finishing last routine. We will never know but that's my guess. But in all honesty I'm glad it's over. These were a tough two years to watch. But right now I'm excited to see the lineup for next year.

Edited by SabresBillsFan

Interesting you said that.

I am older than most fans here. I was 12 when Gil was drafted. Hasek was incredible but not even close to Perreault as my favorite Sabre ever. I would argue that Gil was even a better talent and player than Hasek even though Dom was one of the greatest goalies ever.

But I wonder what it would take for McEichel to top Gil as my favorite player. He would have to be Crosby AND win the Stanley Cup and that might not do it.

You've been through a lot of history. I think we're on a nice uptick here. Just curious -- why does it seem Gil is disassociated with the team? Was there just so much fanfare when Pegula bought the team that Gil was everywhere and now it's back to "normal?"

I still believe this is why LaFontaine left. I think the whole organization bought into this idea about tearing it all down and that he wanted to keep Miller and Ott and was not a board on this finishing last routine. We will never know but that's my guess. But in all honesty I'm glad it's over. These were a tough two years to watch. But right now I'm excited to see the lineup for next year.

I think you're right. And I think Nolan stuck around to do his best at fighting the tank.

Ok, now that Buffalo is slated for 1 or 2, what is the chance either one of them will start next year? Would it be wiser to put him Rochacha? Just wondering your opinions. Thanks!

and also... Kick the crap outta Pittsburgh tomorrow!

McDavid can't play in Rochester next year. I would be absolutely shocked if either isn't on an NHL roster if healthy.

You've been through a lot of history. I think we're on a nice uptick here. Just curious -- why does it seem Gil is disassociated with the team? Was there just so much fanfare when Pegula bought the team that Gil was everywhere and now it's back to "normal?"

I think it's the death of Rick Martin. The French Connection will never appear together again.

I think you're right. And I think Nolan stuck around to do his best at fighting the tank.

I think Nolan bought in as well. There was too much inept coaching especially early in the season. Then at the end I think Nolan wanted Murray to know that he was, in fact, capable of something other than a tank. But he had to make sure he didn't mess up the tank. (Came damned close though.)

Ok, now that Buffalo is slated for 1 or 2, what is the chance either one of them will start next year? Would it be wiser to put him Rochacha? Just wondering your opinions. Thanks!

0% chance for McDavid since he won't be eligible.  Probably pretty close to 0% chance for Eichel as well since they'd probably want to monitor his development.  

Maybe 25% for Reinhart?  Not even sure if I'd want that.  Both Girgensons and Risto got concussions from total cheap shots in the AHL their first pro seasons.  My feeling is there are a ton of goons in the AHL.

McDavid can't play in Rochester next year. I would be absolutely shocked if either isn't on an NHL roster if healthy.

I think Eichel *might* stay at BU for another year (though not likely). I read an article where several college players (good ones, too) were interviewed and they all said they'd wished they'd stayed one more year at the college level. The same article also pointed out that Eichel isn't just good, though; he's beyond that. So we'll see.

I think Eichel *might* stay at BU for another year (though not likely). I read an article where several college players (good ones, too) were interviewed and they all said they'd wished they'd stayed one more year at the college level. The same article also pointed out that Eichel isn't just good, though; he's beyond that. So we'll see.

If BU wins tomorrow, there is no chance he stays in school.

This is about as likely as me growing a fourth leg.

Fourth? Lol

Both will be in the league next year unless Eichel stays in school another year. I'm excited for getting either one. I think people under estimate Eichel's talent because he in college.

I figured I would read this shortly after we completed the tank.

Connor McDavid and Jack Eichel will play in the NHL for whichever team drafts them. They will play the entire season.  There is not a scenario where they don't play in the NHL.

I feel relieved and I'm glad it's over. I'm also angry at this franchise and at myself. There should be no joy in this. Something nasty was required. I didn't agree with it, but the plan worked. I'll say this openly to any member of the Buffalo Sabres front office who might be listening. I wouldn't walk away from you after 40 years for one indiscretion. That would be like divorcing your wife after your first big fight. I promise you this, however: you pull this ###### again, and I am gone. Ask the Bills. What you did to me was just shy of the Bills taking a home game to Toronto, and that did me in. Whatever. Good riddance, tank. Now go beat the Pens.

I was violently ill a few minutes ago, if that helps.

I feel relieved and I'm glad it's over. I'm also angry at this franchise and at myself. There should be no joy in this. Something nasty was required. I didn't agree with it, but the plan worked. I'll say this openly to any member of the Buffalo Sabres front office who might be listening. I wouldn't walk away from you after 40 years for one indiscretion. That would be like divorcing your wife after your first big fight. I promise you this, however: you pull this ###### again, and I am gone. Ask the Bills. What you did to me was just shy of the Bills taking a home game to Toronto, and that did me in. Whatever. Good riddance, tank. Now go beat the Pens.

Good post. I really don't understand all the rapturous jubilation around here. Relief, yes. Joy, it's going to take a while.

GcVRUSc.jpg

Not to piss in anyone's Cheerios this morning, but unfortunately, just like when that picture was taken, the mission isn't even remotely close to being accomplished.

Until this move actually turns into wins on the ice, all this means nothing.

Good post. I really don't understand all the rapturous jubilation around here. Relief, yes. Joy, it's going to take a while.

Not to piss in anyone's Cheerios this morning, but unfortunately, just like when that picture was taken, the mission isn't even remotely close to being accomplished.

Until this move actually turns into wins on the ice, all this means nothing.

No kidding.  That is definitely not the picture we want!

Breathe in. And... Sigh...

Just a sigh?  And I tried so hard to last.

Not sure if this has been mentioned before, but worth noting -- Columbus sealed win with 9.7 seconds left on clock. McDavid's number.

Hey, with 30th clinched, why not hope for the 20%?

LOL, man even the reporters are ready for this to end and to get McDavid.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.