McDavid OR Eichel?!?!? DONE.

Brennan Huff

And if we were playing out millions of simulations I believe you would be correct, the desired outcome would only occur less then 1% of the time. However, we are playing out 1 season with three teams stumbling to the gate and one team playing like a Stanley Cup champ. What happened the past 80 games means nothing at all. If I started arguing about a player based on 10 games you would be screaming about sample size, spouting regression and progression to the mean and the effect of randomness in hockey. I am just saying the same thing when it comes to predicting the outcome of less then 10 games. I still don't think it will happen mostly because I don't think Boston will hold up its end.

Finally, what makes sports fun for me is because its not like playing the stock market or buying and selling a business. Its not about running a million simulations and assigning probabilities based on those numbers. And just to be clear, I understand the numbers and I understand people like yourself who are consumed by the numbers. My best friend is an analytics geek and is proud to say so. I wasn't referring to people like you or him. I am talking about people who come up with random equations and made up stats and then tell me that player X never made a pass that directly led to a shot on goal because his formula consisted of (X + Y) (number of assists) and he didn't understand that everyone that had zero assists would automatically have zero passes no matter what the other variables. Same guy tells me that team Y had a 100% chance of winning a game if they went for it on fourth and 5 with two minutes left because his probability was based on years of history.

Yeah, and Grizzly Adams had a beard

I feel relieved and I'm glad it's over. I'm also angry at this franchise and at myself. There should be no joy in this. Something nasty was required. I didn't agree with it, but the plan worked. I'll say this openly to any member of the Buffalo Sabres front office who might be listening. I wouldn't walk away from you after 40 years for one indiscretion. That would be like divorcing your wife after your first big fight. I promise you this, however: you pull this again, and I am gone. Ask the Bills. What you did to me was just shy of the Bills taking a home game to Toronto, and that did me in. Whatever. Good riddance, tank. Now go beat the Pens.

I feel relieved and I'm glad it's over. I'm also angry at this franchise and at myself. There should be no joy in this. Something nasty was required. I didn't agree with it, but the plan worked. I'll say this openly to any member of the Buffalo Sabres front office who might be listening. I wouldn't walk away from you after 40 years for one indiscretion. That would be like divorcing your wife after your first big fight. I promise you this, however: you pull this ###### again, and I am gone. Ask the Bills. What you did to me was just shy of the Bills taking a home game to Toronto, and that did me in. Whatever. Good riddance, tank. Now go beat the Pens.

This team will be vying for the number 1 pick again next year.  This was just a warm up.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.