McDavid OR Eichel?!?!? DONE.

Brennan Huff

You may be frustrated with how long it took to wrap up McEichel, but they did it.

Two-plus years ago, it seemed the Sabres were only in a game if they started a fight early in the game.  Even though they had more talent than this year's team, they sucked, they knew it, and they were still trying (feebly) to avenge the Lucic hit on Miller.  It seemed like if the Sabres didn't get the other team off their game with some rough stuff, they were finished.

The problem was, they didn't react right at the time and you can't undo what's been done.

The only way to exorcise the demons, of course, was to blow it up.  

There's been a lot of wailing and moaning about how long it took to wrap up the shart, but now that it's behind us, you have to admit that this is very, very different team than the one that allowed Miller to get run over.  Hell, even LIndback plays the puck to dare the other team to hit him (and the Blue Jackets came at him tonight).  The attitude on this team is radically different now.

There's very little chance Nolan will be around for a deep playoff run with the Sabres; his job is largely done.  If he is here next year though, I'm okay with that.  Whether he's here or not though, you have to admit that he did his job.  This is a team that plays with a chip on its shoulder, and team that doesn't lay down.  It would have been easy to just lose and guarantee McEichel much earlier, but the team played hard down the stretch.  Now that it's over I don't hold it against the team.  And after a proper Fan Appreciate Night, I don't think the team will hold it against the fans.

They were valiant in defeat tonight.

Their young core has grown a lot over the last few weeks.

Samson Reinhart will be fine.

McEichel is coming.

The complete and utter absence of quality centers is a thing of the past.  In fact there will be competition at center.

The future's so bright, I have to wear shades.

Oh, and....

I love you all.

This team will be vying for the number 1 pick again next year.  This was just a warm up.  

Maybe, but next season can't look or feel anything like this one. It just can't. No team is accidentally this bad. The mere attempt and design to win should mean enough points to get them comfortably away from last place. Not to mention the arrival of McDavid or Eichel! God help any fan who cheers for losses next season for an improved draft slot. It's got to be about winning every time out, even if they're out of the playoffs.

You may be frustrated with how long it took to wrap up McEichel, but they did it.

Two-plus years ago, it seemed the Sabres were only in a game if they started a fight early in the game. Even though they had more talent than this year's team, they sucked, they knew it, and they were still trying (feebly) to avenge the Lucic hit on Miller. It seemed like if the Sabres didn't get the other team off their game with some rough stuff, they were finished.

The problem was, they didn't react right at the time and you can't undo what's been done.

There's been a lot of wailing and moaning about how long it took to wrap up the shart, but now that it's behind us, you have to admit that this is very, very different team than the one that allowed Miller to get run over. Hell, even LIndback plays the puck to dare the other team to hit him (and the Blue Jackets came at him tonight). The attitude on this team is radically different now.

There's very little chance Nolan will be around for a deep playoff run with the Sabres; his job is largely done. If he is here next year though, I'm okay with that. Whether he's here or not though, you have to admit that he did his job. This is a team that plays with a chip on its shoulder, and team that doesn't lay down. It would have been easy to just lose and guarantee McEichel much earlier, but the team played hard down the stretch. Now that it's over I don't hold it against the team. And after a proper Fan Appreciate Night, I don't think the team will hold it against the fans.

McEichel is coming.

The complete and utter absence of quality centers is a thing of the past. In fact there will be competition at center.

Oh, and....

I love you all.

hear hear.

Nicely said you goofy chicken head.

Two-plus years ago, it seemed the Sabres were only in a game if they started a fight early in the game.  Even though they had more talent than this year's team, they sucked, they knew it, and they were still trying (feebly) to avenge the Lucic hit on Miller.  It seemed like if the Sabres didn't get the other team off their game with some rough stuff, they were finished.

There's been a lot of wailing and moaning about how long it took to wrap up the shart, but now that it's behind us, you have to admit that this is very, very different team than the one that allowed Miller to get run over.  Hell, even LIndback plays the puck to dare the other team to hit him (and the Blue Jackets came at him tonight).  The attitude on this team is radically different now.

There's very little chance Nolan will be around for a deep playoff run with the Sabres; his job is largely done.  If he is here next year though, I'm okay with that.  Whether he's here or not though, you have to admit that he did his job.  This is a team that plays with a chip on its shoulder, and team that doesn't lay down.  It would have been easy to just lose and guarantee McEichel much earlier, but the team played hard down the stretch.  Now that it's over I don't hold it against the team.  And after a proper Fan Appreciate Night, I don't think the team will hold it against the fans.

McEichel is coming.

The complete and utter absence of quality centers is a thing of the past.  In fact there will be competition at center.

Oh, and....

I love you all.

:worthy:

Maybe, but next season can't look or feel anything like this one. It just can't. No team is accidentally this bad. The mere attempt and design to win should mean enough points to get them comfortably away from last place. Not to mention the arrival of McDavid or Eichel! God help any fan who cheers for losses next season for an improved draft slot. It's got to be about winning every time out, even if they're out of the playoffs.

This.

It's about winning from this point forward. The tear down is over...the rebuild is on.

The addition of a legitimate first line next year will make this team significantly better. Eichel, Kane and any RW makes this team competitive.

I don't know where IKP is tonight, but in honor of he mass exodus of tanks, tank avatars, and tanking, I present to you, tanks being destroyed

g2fecst.gif

yZUMsce.gif

xULbV.gif

It starts tomorrow by knocking Crosby out!

:D  :D  :beer:

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

Nooooooo. We're about to get a shiny new toy and you want to ruin another shiny toy? 

Hasek,McEichel,Perrault

Interesting you said that.

I am older than most fans here. I was 12 when Gil was drafted. Hasek was incredible but not even close to Perreault as my favorite Sabre ever. I would argue that Gil was even a better talent and player than Hasek even though Dom was one of the greatest goalies ever.

But I wonder what it would take for McEichel to top Gil as my favorite player. He would have to be Crosby AND win the Stanley Cup and that might not do it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.