McDavid OR Eichel?!?!? DONE.

Brennan Huff

How long have you been saving that?

It's so beautiful.

Would you believe that I just put "tank victory" into Google?  'Cause that's how it happened.

(I'll edit this if someone can tell me how to pit the video into the post).

If I remember correctly, you just grad the URL from the top and paste it into your post without and code []'s. 

Here, let's try ...

Edit: yup, that's it.

Edited by carpandean

I don't know where IKP is tonight, but in honor of he mass exodus of tanks, tank avatars, and tanking, I present to you, tanks being destroyed

g2fecst.gif

yZUMsce.gif

xULbV.gif

Nooooooo. We're about to get a shiny new toy and you want to ruin another shiny whiny toy? 

Fixed.

I can't speak for 'beerme1' but I meant knocked out of the playoffs, not knocked out physically (or harmed).

Interesting you said that.

I am older than most fans here. I was 12 when Gil was drafted. Hasek was incredible but not even close to Perreault as my favorite Sabre ever. I would argue that Gil was even a better talent and player than Hasek even though Dom was one of the greatest goalies ever.

But I wonder what it would take for McEichel to top Gil as my favorite player. He would have to be Crosby AND win the Stanley Cup and that might not do it.

I agree, #11 for me forever.

I'll say this openly to any member of the Buffalo Sabres front office who might be listening. I wouldn't walk away from you after 40 years for one indiscretion. That would be like divorcing your wife after your first big fight. I promise you this, however: you pull this ###### again, and I am gone.

Dude, they just did it twice in a row.

Interesting you said that.

I am older than most fans here. I was 12 when Gil was drafted. Hasek was incredible but not even close to Perreault as my favorite Sabre ever. I would argue that Gil was even a better talent and player than Hasek even though Dom was one of the greatest goalies ever.

But I wonder what it would take for McEichel to top Gil as my favorite player. He would have to be Crosby AND win the Stanley Cup and that might not do it.

True, I was 10 and still have my hockey stick autographed by the '75 Sabres....

I can't speak for 'beerme1' but I meant knocked out of the playoffs, not knocked out physically (or harmed).

Of course that's the meaning. He's someone we love to hate and with good reason. I wish to ruin his day. Not his life. What kind of monster do you think I am?

Of course that's the meaning. He's someone we love to hate and with good reason. I wish to ruin his day. Not his life. What kind of monster do you think I am?

Yeah, I figured but didn't want to assume. There is no bad mojo associated with hoping that the Sabres win and he goes home (safe & sound) to watch the playoffs.

Alleluia! Alleluia! Alleluia!

The strife is o'er, the battle done;
the victory of shart is won;
the song of triumph has begun:
Alleluia!

The powers of Darcy have done their worst,
but Murray his legions hath dispersed;
let shouts of hockey joy outburst:
Alleluia!

This made me chuckle

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/20990-could-last-place-be-the-plan/

In the 2011 - 2012 season, the team was god awful.  The core was failing, and lucic ran miller with no response.  We were sitting near the bottom of the standings, 3rd worst team.  This weave thread was started saying maybe last place is the plan.  Weave was drunk, we called him drunk and laughed at him.  Of course, the team made a great run allllllllllllllll the way to 9th place.  Missed the playoffs, didn't get a top draft pick.  Gaustad was traded that year, and pominville would follow the year after.  The tank would then come in in 2013.

This was a great moment in tank history

Do you think those ugly Turd Burger jerseys were part of the tank? Come up with the ugliest sweater they could design and help guarantee two last place finishes? You couldn't write that any better.

I give you the mascot of the Tank:

Meszaros2.jpg

I think he lost it with that scoring stretch a couple weeks ago. :)

Holy cow.  I don't remember creating that thread.  I guess I had a pretty good hunch.

How long were you holding on to this?

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.
I bet if you look you'll see that I was right once or twice too.

I called Roy for Ott 2 weeks before it happened too.  So, the blind squirrel found a nut twice!    :P

Edited by weave

I agree - so, who was the mascot? Weber? Hodgson? McBain?

Hogson and Stafford were whipping boys but Weber was the Mascot, but really don't want to pin that one on him cause he was loyal to the end and he fought so hard... Maybe Ellis... a guy with no skill that just wouldn't go away.

Edited by North Buffalo

I didn't comment in that thread so it's not real.

And I ended up w/ the last word, which happens even less often. ;) My guess is that's a ploy by banned-Dwight to blow up this board on the day it finally comes together. :beer: Edited by Taro T

I think he lost it with that scoring stretch a couple weeks ago. :)

If you go by that, CoHo won the mascot award tonight when he was all alone in front of the net, got the puck, and rather than shooting he passed it back to the point.

And I still think CoHo was an active participant in the tank. He was in on it.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.