2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

I was looking at DeBrincat's stats yesterday, thinking the same thing.  I also think the same of Bitten, but I'm sure if Bitten continues to score, his ranking will become more reasonable.

I don't see DeBrincat moving into top ten even with the OHL scoring lead at the end of the season. The NHL GM's like'm bigger now a days.

I don't see DeBrincat moving into top ten even with the OHL scoring lead at the end of the season. The NHL GM's like'm bigger now a days.

True but if I were sitting at 10-15 and DeBrincat is there, as long as I think his skating and shot are elite, I take him. We have seen that the template for smaller guys is elite skating and other skills to make up for the size difference. Gionta, St Louis, T Johnson etc... are all smaller guys who had/having good careers because they do other things so well.

True but if I were sitting at 10-15 and DeBrincat is there, as long as I think his skating and shot are elite, I take him. We have seen that the template for smaller guys is elite skating and other skills to make up for the size difference. Gionta, St Louis, T Johnson etc... are all smaller guys who had/having good careers because they do other things so well.

Your preachin to the choir here!

I'm watching because I believe the Sabres could very well have that 10-15 pick.  The timing for a Gointa replacement type player in his prime couldn't be any better either if DeBrincat comes through.

You left Gerbe off the list....

I seriously got the Oilers winning my first 5 tries :lol:

I've been wondering at the league's reaction if the Oilers genuinely won the lottery again, assuming no foul play this time or any previous time. Would they rig it to specifically not allow it? Would they just let it happen?

I've been wondering at the league's reaction if the Oilers genuinely won the lottery again, assuming no foul play this time or any previous time. Would they rig it to specifically not allow it? Would they just let it happen?

I've always thought they should make a rule about this. They could make a rule that no team can move UP from the lottery more than once every other year or something like that. This way you're not penalizing a team if they legitimately finish last but you are spreading the wealth more assuredly.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.