2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

Friedman's 30 thoughts indicates Matthews is still the unquestioned number one among execs and one exec compared Laine to Corey Perry while comparing Puljujarvi to Bobby Ryan... I feel like that exec is probably a current or former member of the Ducks organization.

Friedman's 30 thoughts indicates Matthews is still the unquestioned number one among execs and one exec compared Laine to Corey Perry while comparing Puljujarvi to Bobby Ryan... I feel like that exec is probably a current or former member of the Ducks organization.

Puljujarvi seems smarter, faster, and more consistent. I'd much rather take him over Laine

You're a season behind me, though I thought our odds would be much lesser

You've been dreaming of Matthews for a year? Are you already anticipating next year's top 5?

You've been dreaming of Matthews for a year? Are you already anticipating next year's top 5?

Matthews has been the known number one for over a year now so it's not that crazy. But I wasn't dreaming of drafting in the top five again, though. Now I'm getting close.

Puljujarvi seems smarter, faster, and more consistent. I'd much rather take him over Laine

I would think everyone that wasn't expecting the playoffs this year was hoping to win the lottery and get Matthews. Why wouldn't you dream of that?

Matthews has been the known number one for over a year now so it's not that crazy. But I wasn't dreaming of drafting in the top five again, though. Now I'm getting close.

I didn't mean it was crazy, just that I didn't anticipate another top 5 pick. But I'm in the same boat now too. 

This honestly might be one of the most enjoyable seasons since...2010? Maybe even before that when we were the 3 seed? I'm just having my cake and eating it too. Every win is so much fun and exciting, and every loss is just 'meh, on to the next game'. It's 100% entertainment without the emotional devastation 

Edited by WildCard

I'm still all in on the Puljujarvi train.  The natural scoring touch was there in last years WJR at 16 and all he did was lead the tournament in scoring this season.  He's so talented for his size.  I have a strong admiration for Laine for sure.  Matthews has done nothing to depreciate his value, and if anything the top three this season is as tempting as last season.  

I would think everyone that wasn't expecting the playoffs this year was hoping to win the lottery and get Matthews. Why wouldn't you dream of that?

Well I planned on making the playoffs, and if not to be very close to it, so I didn't want to McDavid myself all over again and get pumped for a prospect we have a 1% chance for

I didn't mean it was crazy, just that I didn't anticipate another top 5 pick. But I'm in the same boat now too. 

This honestly might be one of the most enjoyable seasons since...2010? Maybe even before that when we were the 3 seed? I just having my cake and eating it too. Every win is so much fun and exciting, and every loss is just 'meh, on to the next game'. It's 100% entertainment without the emotional devastation 

I couldn't agree more. I didn't anticipate a top 5 pick this year, but I hoped we'd win one of the three lotteries. This season has been very fun for me too and I'm enjoying watching hockey again.

Well I planned on making the playoffs, and if not to be very close to it, so I didn't want to McDavid myself all over again and get pumped for a prospect we have a 1% chance for

I was "McDaviding" myself in the same way I hoped the Islanders would finish 30th last year. Obviously I expected very little odds, but it's fun to dream up. 

I'm still all in on the Puljujarvi train. The natural scoring touch was there in last years WJR at 16 and all he did was lead the tournament in scoring this season. He's so talented for his size. I have a strong admiration for Laine for sure. Matthews has done nothing to depreciate his value, and if anything the top three this season is as tempting as last season.

His scoring touch was actually the most worrisome part of his 2015 WJC. He didn't score once despite a boatload of shots IIRC.

His scoring touch was actually the most worrisome part of his 2015 WJC. He didn't score once despite a boatload of shots IIRC.

That's true, but if you look at all the ways he was able to get in through the defense with his size, you can just see his game translating.  His size and the speed are just a perfect match for Eichel!

I'm still all in on the Puljujarvi train.  The natural scoring touch was there in last years WJR at 16 and all he did was lead the tournament in scoring this season.  He's so talented for his size.  I have a strong admiration for Laine for sure.  Matthews has done nothing to depreciate his value, and if anything the top three this season is as tempting as last season.  

I think it is Matthews an d Puljujarvi, both can move the puck so well and get others involved, Laine seems more of a pure scorer but less of a set up guy, whereas the other two seem to be able to do both.  Is Aho drafted, because he would be a nice late round second round scoring pick.  Seems to have nice hands though not the size of the other three.  I love Tchuck(sp) too  and as stated before, there seem to be a lot of highly rated D, Sabres don't need one right away, but they do need talented depth that can develop so I think this draft may good for that later on.

Canes drafted Aho in the second round last year.

I'm a huge advocate of taking a ho whenever possible. Never know when you need a new face to finish. Hopefully, they are the hard working ana1 type who excels at penetrating the zone.

Edited by inkman

Well, LeBrun is pulling for us winning the Matthews sweepstakes, hoping to get both the Americans together. College coach said Matthews is better, compared him to Toews.

Obviously speaking nothing of all around game, I hope Eichel's offensive output is much greater than Toews, who's never actually been a top offensive force. Highest point total in a season is 76 points. Only managed 1 point a game season in his career, 48 points in 47 games in the lockout shortened 12/13 season.

NHL.com mock drafts out. Don't have a single difference until pick seven:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=797221

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=797225

4 projected first round picks for BU.  I wish I had the energy for research, but that number has to be unheard of for a college team.  I hope everything stays on track and this actually happens.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.