2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

• 2 months later...

Who is the best puck moving two way LHD in this class.  I have to admit it's too early for draft prep season for me.  :D  I think we can avoid taking a forward for the third straight season in the top 10.   I still see the Sabres even with the changes made being a 4-10 pick team.  There's a lot of anticipation but, I still want to remain grounded that this team is at least another season away from competing for a playoff spot.  

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Interesting article in USA Today about next years draft and who is emerging: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2015/11/24/nhl-draft-2016-prospects-morrison-girard-lyszczarczyk/76221248/

Also top NCAA draft eligible recruits: http://www.uscho.com/2015/11/25/ncaa-players-recruits-listed-on-latest-nhl-central-scouting-players-to-watch-rankings/

And latest Central Scouting List: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=789292

Edited by North Buffalo

Another early look at the 2016 by Draft Buzz

1. Auston Matthews, C, 6’2’’ 194 lbs, USNTDP U18, USHL  

2. Jakob Chychrun, D, 6’2’’ 194 lbs, Sarnia Sting, OHL Report: More explosive than Ekblad, with as much offensive maturity in his stick. 

3. Jesse Puljujarvi, RW, 6’3’’ 196 lbs, Karpat, LIIGA Report: Dominant outside threat is a shot machine. At risk for a fall if comp figures his speed out.

4. Matthew Tkachuk, LW, 6’1’’ 187 lbs, USNTDP U18, USHL Report: Beast with booksmarts and street fight can do it all.

5. Clayton Keller, C, 5’9’’ 165 lbs, USNTDP U17, USHL Report: Pure skill is Marner-like; could rise to top 3, waiting for physical growth.

6. Dmitri Sokolov, LW, 6’2’’ 212 lbs, Omskie Yastreby, MHL Report: Russian sniper rips twine off iron he shoots so much.

7. Alexander Nylander, RW, 5’10’’ 157 lbs, AIK, SUPERELIT Report: That legend of traits skipping generations doesn’t exist in this family. Possession King just like his bro.

8. Tyler Benson, LW, 6’0’’ 196 lbs, Vancouver Giants, WHL Report: Dominant shooter handles and carries team like a top pick.

9. Chad Krys, D, 5’11’’ 183 lbs, USNTDP U18, USHL Report: Could compete in figure skating with no problem; executes hockey plays with 3D vision.

10.Sam Steel, C, 5’11’’ 172 lbs, Regina Pats, WHL Report: Right up there with Keller for shorty with dynamite in his skates and

My favorite player in the draft!  I love his skill and ability!

Draft him. Another talent you simply can't trade. He's on Eichel's level.

I agree mostly, draft Matthews depending on how he returns from his injury. Ideally I would like to draft 3rd and take the best defender. Matthews is one player though if we had 1st overall this time, I wouldn't trade down or pass on. He's very talented.

I agree mostly, draft Matthews depending on how he returns from his injury. Ideally I would like to draft 3rd and take the best defender. Matthews is one player though if we had 1st overall this time, I wouldn't trade down or pass on. He's very talented.

I would always rather draft first when there's an Austin Matthews type player there. He scored two goals in his first game back from injury by the way.

I would trade Mathews, but not for Domi and Duclair, it would Domi and Ekman-Larsson. I'd add Pysyk or McCabe.

Essentially, my price would be for a Rasmus-equivalent LD, plus a young winger who can score and/or a first-rounder, depending on the quality of the d-man.

And there would be offers.

I like dudacek's idea. If we somehow get Mathews, we're trading either him or Reinhart. Personally I'd vote Reinhart, unless you guys think we're set at defense and can afford all of Eichel, Reinhart, Mathews, and Risto down the line, which we very well could.

I like dudacek's idea. If we somehow get Mathews, we're trading either him or Reinhart. Personally I'd vote Reinhart, unless you guys think we're set at defense and can afford all of Eichel, Reinhart, Mathews, and Risto down the line, which we very well could.

It would be exactly the Edmonton dilemma, except that we actually have a should be stud defenseman in place.  I think you would have to move one of them for D though.  If you find your self in a place with two horses on the blue line, you are an instant contender.

It would be exactly the Edmonton dilemma, except that we actually have a should be stud defenseman in place.  I think you would have to move one of them for D though.  If you find your self in a place with two horses on the blue line, you are an instant contender.

True but some D can and are often developed. Can throw in an Ennis/Moulson to move up to grab a 2nd round late first and draft one.

Alex DeBrincat is leading the OHL (not sure but maybe the CHL also?) in scoring. He is draft eligible in 2016. Played his rookie season with Conner McDavid and led all rookies for scoring. The fact he's come out this year to lead the league in scoring has shrugged off the ....but he played with McDavid...excuse.

He's 5'07' (maybe). So he is not projected to be a very high draft pick because of his size. But some lucky team is going to get a very good hockey player in the later picks of the draft.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.