2016 NHL Draft

Crusader1969

I would be moving up into the teens to grab him.  IMO.  I wasn't expecting him to last to 38.   :P  I love his tenacity and his ability.   I think he can be more than a Tom Wilson for sure.  

Not sure what ranking has him 38th but from what I have read he is project to go in the 14-20 range. I would not trade a ton to move up that far. I personally like the defenders specifically who should be available at 38. 

Not sure what ranking has him 38th but from what I have read he is project to go in the 14-20 range. I would not trade a ton to move up that far. I personally like the defenders specifically who should be available at 38. 

Well I would be looking at drafting one of Chychrun, Juolevi at #8, and then moving back up for Jones.  That was the way I was looking at it.  I'm great with Dineen, Niemelainen, Hajek, Cederholm at 38 for sure.  

I meant out of Serg, Chrychun, and Juolevi.

Curious though, is it Keller's size, or simply that you like those other players more?

Sorry, I somehow missed your dman question. I would probably go Juolevi, but I do like Chychrun a lot. It's close between those two for me.

And it's mainly that I like the others more. Keller's size doesn't concern me much because you can mix in some undersized guys as long as they compensate with speed and finishing ability which he has.

Tickets went on sale at 10:00am.  I tried a few times but it was 'too high of a demand to process at this time'.  Now it's 10:02 and looks like it's sold out as there 'are not any available together' (even if I only select 1 ticket and best available).

Tickets went on sale at 10:00am.  I tried a few times but it was 'too high of a demand to process at this time'.  Now it's 10:02 and looks like it's sold out as there 'are not any available together' (even if I only select 1 ticket and best available).

Yeah, same. I'm still trying everyonce in a while; I remember with the Paul McCartney tickets people who kept trying eventually had some open back up, so I'm deluding myself. I did get round 2 tickets; figure the draft won't be near me that often, I might as well check it out. Day 2's are free-ish (2 dollar surcharge).

EDIT: Just got the official "Sold Out" from the site. Boooo.

Edited by sabills

Yeah, same. I'm still trying everyonce in a while; I remember with the Paul McCartney tickets people who kept trying eventually had some open back up, so I'm deluding myself. I did get round 2 tickets; figure the draft won't be near me that often, I might as well check it out. Day 2's are free-ish (2 dollar surcharge).

Same thought process here.. I was hoping some people would have extra tickets in their carts that would eventually time out. Website says it's officially sold out now though.

I too grabbed tickets to Day 2. Usually not something I'd get excited enough about to go, but I'm moving to Columbus in July and I've never been to a draft. Columbus got one in 2007, so I'm not sure if they'll get another one soon. The way the city is growing, maybe, but I'd love to see this one in Buffalo before I head off. I'm guessing a lot of the Leafs fans will head back north after the Day 1 Matthews-fest, so hopefully Day 2 is flooded with fellow Buffalonians. 

I have both cell phones and both laptops set up. At 10 am I had the page refresh and instantly selected 4, 3, 2, 1 for "best available." All instantly said "not available in this quantity." Tried again for about ten minutes straight and got nothing.

I did get tickets to day two with ease. It starts before work that afternoon so I'll probably go, then eat lunch and head to work.

I have both cell phones and both laptops set up. At 10 am I had the page refresh and instantly selected 4, 3, 2, 1 for "best available." All instantly said "not available in this quantity." Tried again for about ten minutes straight and got nothing.

I did get tickets to day two with ease. It starts before work that afternoon so I'll probably go, then eat lunch and head to work.

Bring a book.

I'd rather watch the draft on TV, get close ups of the players and interviews and whatnot.    Otherwise you're just sitting there watching a crowd of people move around, I don't get it.

Or not.

If the GM's at least had to get up from their tables to make deals there could be some smidgen of entertainment. As it is, there is none.

Was going to get day 2 tix so my kids could say they were there; but now it looks like one will have work & the other will have a sports camp that day. Oh, well.

Qwk and Wildcard: If I was given two chances to guess two sabrespace members who watch Rick and Morty, the guesses would have gone to you guys :lol:

Cannot wait for season three.

Thanks Thorny, I agree.

Yea something like that. But I do still plan on being there for awhile before heading to the arena.

Gotcha. Hoping I can make it.

So begrudgingly I've been looking again at the top 3 D (well 2 because I don't think Serg will be the pick).  I noticed that Juolevi played for London 'on loan' from Finland.  This is a loophole in the CHL-NHL transfer agreement and he is eligible to play in the AHL next season whereas Chychrun must go back to the OHL.  Does this influence which guy to take if their both on the board?  I would think Juolevi is probably a year in the AHL and then could really compete for a spot the following season.  Chychrun would have to go to the OHL, then probably another year in the AHL before he competes for a spot.  Just an interesting issues.  Sorry if it's already been discussed.

So begrudgingly I've been looking again at the top 3 D (well 2 because I don't think Serg will be the pick).  I noticed that Juolevi played for London 'on loan' from Finland.  This is a loophole in the CHL-NHL transfer agreement and he is eligible to play in the AHL next season whereas Chychrun must go back to the OHL.  Does this influence which guy to take if their both on the board?  I would think Juolevi is probably a year in the AHL and then could really compete for a spot the following season.  Chychrun would have to go to the OHL, then probably another year in the AHL before he competes for a spot.  Just an interesting issues.  Sorry if it's already been discussed.

I think Chycrun and Juolevi could easily both be gone by Pick #8.  This is an interesting draft because it is very difficult to predict.

(I'd be shocked in the Oilers don't take a defenseman at #4... if they don't trade the pick...)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.