2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

You're dangerously close to asking for a snarky "landing Jack Eichel is not purgatory" response :P

We got rid of Darcy. We got a GM who appears to know what he's doing, and at the very least is exciting. We're on the upswing. There is no purgatory. Left at the side of a road for dead in a ditch we have to climb out of, maybe, but not purgatory!

I'm talking about the 3 years that just ended you hoser.

Interesting graphic on the makeup of NHL rosters:

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/10/7/9469841/red-wings-nhl-preview-infographic

The Sabres have the third highest (or lowest depending on how you want to look at it) average draft position behind only Washington and Winnipeg.

Their career plus minus is lower than anybody except Edmonton, Toronto and Philly.

They have less career playoff games (345) than all teams except for Carolina, Edmonton, Toronto and Winnipeg.

So am I! We knew exactly what we were doing every step of the way and where we wanted to end up. Wandering aimlessly with no sense of direction would have been purgatory. Sharpen up those senses old man, hockey is here!

I'm razor sharp baby.  I had my fantasy draft last night and assembled yet another playoff team.

I just need to make sure nobody here screws up the return to glory.

http://www.wingingitinmotown.com/2015/10/7/9469841/red-wings-nhl-preview-infographic

The Sabres have the third highest (or lowest depending on how you want to look at it) average draft position behind only Washington and Winnipeg.

Their career plus minus is lower than anybody except Edmonton, Toronto and Philly.

They have less career playoff games (345) than all teams except for Carolina, Edmonton, Toronto and Winnipeg.

Thanks for the peptalk :D

3 Days ago almost everyone was like: yeah season starting, playoffs here we come.  

Now we are like one page further into this thread and I'm like season opener must be close  :blink:

Well, nowhere to go but up. 

Thanks for the stats though, very interesting indeed

I think our division is going to be alot closer than most people think.

Outside of Toronto (tank 1.0).   Tampa is a clear #1.   All the rest in between are going to be alot more exciting.

Bruins - Sabres - Panthers aren't getting enough credit while the Canadians, wings and the sens I feel are teams whom might not perform without key pieces missing.

The good news?

Ryan O'Reilly the hardest working man on the team. First man on the ice, last man off. Stays out for extra work on a daily basis.

The better news?

Sam Reinhart is becoming O'Reilly's shadow.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Reinhart-has-a-mentor-on-the-team/22043509

Remember when True needed a new garage door because he got so excited about the O'Reilly trade? Well the bold has me fearing for his neighbor's doors now too

It's a whole new puck game. My friend

The good news?

Ryan O'Reilly the hardest working man on the team. First man on the ice, last man off. Stays out for extra work on a daily basis.

The better news?

Sam Reinhart is becoming O'Reilly's shadow.

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Reinhart-has-a-mentor-on-the-team/22043509

If we're all very lucky, we might just have Drury 2.0 and Drury 3.0 here.

Time to start finding out.

Since it a complete pain in the ass to wade through these mega threads to find a simple piece of information I'm going to post it here knowing if I start a new topic it will just get moved here anyways because for some demented reason Sabresspace and TBD both love over sized mega threads, which forces posters to unnecessarily navigate numerous posts that have little to do with the topic at hand

Sabres season starting roster

Forwards

Matt Moulson - Ryan O'Reilly - Tyler Ennis
Evander Kane - Jack Eichel - Brian Gionta
Marcus Foligno - Zemgus Girgensons - Sam Reinhart
Nicolas Deslauriers - David Legwand - Johan Larsson / Jamie McGinn

Defense

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen
Mike Weber - Cody Franson
Matt Donovan - Carlo Colaiacovo
Jake McCabe - Mark Pysyk

Goaltenders

Robin Lehner
Chad Johnson

Injured Reserve

Zach Bogosian
Cody McCormick
Brendan Guhle
Bobby Sanguinetti

Edited by ddaryl

Since it a complete pain in the ass to wade through these mega threads to find a simple piece of information I'm going to post it here knowing if I start a new topic it will just get moved here anyways because for some demented reason Sabresspace and TBD both love over sized mega threads, which forces posters to unnecessarily navigate numerous posts that have little to do with the topic at hand

Sabres season starting roster

Forwards

Matt Moulson - Ryan O'Reilly - Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane - Jack Eichel - Brian Gionta

Marcus Foligno - Zemgus Girgensons - Sam Reinhart

Nicolas Deslauriers - David Legwand - Johan Larsson / Jamie McGinn

Defense

Josh Gorges - Rasmus Ristolainen

Mike Weber - Cody Franson

Matt Donovan - Carlo Colaiacovo

Jake McCabe - Mark Pysyk

Goaltenders

Robin Lehner

Chad Johnson

Injured Reserve

Zach Bogosian

Cody McCormick

Brendan Guhle

Bobby Sanguinetti

Or, you could just put it in the Game Day Thread.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.