2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

@BuffNewsVogl: Sam Reinhart joins Ryan O'Reilly, Tyler Ennis on Sabres' top line. Waiting for line rushes to see who's center.

If nothing else, Bylsma is good at providing fodder for discussion.

:worthy: :beer:

For the love of God please tell me Girgs has replaced Gionta on Eichel's wing

He's slowly inching towards the most logical combinations. And by slowly, I mean teaching grandpa how to use his GPS slowly.

DD is in his own Hockey Heaven.  He's got a basket full of top forwards, most with little or no history with each other, and he's free of the immediate pressure to produce a winner (as long as the on-ice product is entertaining).  He can experiment; after all,

He’s confident the time away from the bench will make him a better coach than he was in his previous job – and he was a Stanley Cup winner in Pittsburgh.

“I’ve done quite a bit of growing the last year looking at the game, so I plan to bring that to the coach I’ll be with the Sabres,” Bylsma said in First Niagara Center. “There is, I think, a bright future ahead for this team.”

http://sabres.buffalonews.com/2015/05/28/time-off-prepared-bylsma-for-sabres-job/

I think the time off he had for introspection has led him to take a patient, empirical approach to figuring out who plays best with whom.  He's got a basket full of toys, now watch him play.

On phone so copy/paste isn't ideal, but Vogl tweeting our Bylsma had along chat with Girgensons. Has some quotes with Bylsma saying both he and Larsson have to be better. In wrestling parlance, Bylsma just went heel by questioning Zemgus!

Really though, I think it mostly a function of Girgensons being put into the position of top line center. That's kinda setting him up to look bad IMO.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

Sir, I'm not sure patient is the word you're looking for. He's changing everything seemingly by the shift :lol:

He's patient in that he's trying all reasonable combinations now to determine what works and what doesn't. He's tinkering. If he were impatient, he would stick with the combinations that produced immediate results. The switching of lines isn't impatience, it's research.

He's patient in that he's trying all reasonable combinations now to determine what works and what doesn't. He's tinkering. If he were impatient, he would stick with the combinations that produced immediate results. The switching of lines isn't impatience, it's research.

Could be OCD, just sayin

Gionta stays on the 2nd line  :angry:

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=783545&navid=DL|BUF|home

FRIDAY’S PRACTICE

23 Sam Reinhart – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 12 Brian Gionta

26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 82 Marcus Foligno

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 22 Johan Larsson/17 David Legwand – 88 Jamie McGinn

Defensemen:

Josh Gorges, 55 Rasmus Ristolainen,

29 Jake McCabe, 3 Mark Pysyk,

Mike Weber, 46 Cody Franson,

25 Carlo Colaiacovo

31 Chad Johnson
50 Nathan Lieuwen

Edited by WildCard

With DD we really need to stop seeing things as, 3rd line , 2nd line , 1st line.  He roles them all 3 and switches players around.

Road games with Rob Ray really drive me nuts. His color never really touches on line changes and who Byslma has on or off the ice. ( I miss Lorenz) at least when I'm there I can see the moves myself.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.