2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I have liked Jake McCabe thus far.  I think in the last game by the 3rd period he had really settled in.  He just turned 22 so definitely still growing into an NHL player. I think he could be a very solid 4/5 defender for us.

he played a nice game. I actually think going to Rochester helped relax him. Once you've been sent down and called up, the pressure not to get cut is over. 

he played a nice game. I actually think going to Rochester helped relax him. Once you've been sent down and called up, the pressure not to get cut is over. 

Interesting point.

I'm glad management came to their senses early on about McCabe.  I'm not saying he's a world beater at this point in his career but even with 10 NHL games of experience he's the second best left handed Dman in our organization today.  This is his fourth season post draft and although there will be mistakes along the way this guy is ready for the show.  I say keep Weber out as the 7th man until injury hits and you roll with Georges, McCabe and move someone over to LHD as your top 3 on the left side.  I don't need Donovan (although I see he was waived today), Colo or even Weber in front of this guy on our depth chart.

Did they need to waive Donovan before they sent him to Rochester??

The Guhle move seemed like a no brainer but they must see something in the kid to keep him for as long as they did. It will be interesting to watch his development over the next couple of years to see how he progresses.

The Guhle move seemed like a no brainer but they must see something in the kid to keep him for as long as they did. It will be interesting to watch his development over the next couple of years to see how he progresses.

Yes, he needed to pass through waivers to go down.

To your 1st Q: yes, they did.

To your next sentence: yes, they did - an injury; unlike the NFL where you can cut bait w/ injured players regardless of how/when they are injured, NHL teams can't send players down from the NHL when injured. He got hurt while playing for the Sabres, so he had to stay up until he was cleared to play.

To your last sentence: yes, it will. :beer:

That is good news. Adding him and a more poised (at least he was for 1 game, hopefully it continues) McCabe to the top 6 will really help. Enjoy the A Carlo.

Who you taking out if you put both McCabe and Bogo in? I think eventuallly McCabe plays but at first he will be the #7 when Bogo returns unless Pysyk just can't handle the left side.

Who you taking out if you put both McCabe and Bogo in? I think eventuallly McCabe plays but at first he will be the #7 when Bogo returns unless Pysyk just can't handle the left side.

Weber and McCabe can share time. Whoever has been playing better gets the next start

When both are in, Weber to press box. If Bylsma doesn't want 2 rooks in the lineup, McCabe sits and Weber gets the call. If he'll be sitting more than a game or 2, put him back in the A and let Carlo ride the pine.

Do we still consider Pysyk a rookie?  I ask because he has 73 NHL games under his belt but this will be the first year of full time permanent duty.

Technically not a rookie, but having only played 9 NHL games since January 2014 heading into this year w/ less than 1 full season total in his career, close enough for government work only 1 week into this season. Young enough & inexperienced enough that McCabe's opportunities could definitely be limited for a bit when putting together lineups vs stronger teams.

If he keeps playing like he did vs Jackets, he'll be considered to be more or less an experienced kid like Risto sooner rather than later.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.