2015 / 2016 Line Up

2slowtogofast

I actually like that 3rd line.  Gus has playmaking ability, and both Gus and Foligno can dig out pucks and make space for Moulson.  I should think that those 3 would do well matched up against bottom 6/ bottom 2 players.  It's not a traditional 3rd line, but I'm finding that DB is not a coach that uses traditional thinking.

Road games with Rob Ray really drive me nuts. His color never really touches on line changes and who Byslma has on or off the ice. ( I miss Lorenz) at least when I'm there I can see the moves myself.

I actually think most hockey announcers are guilty of this. The US national guys never bother to tell us who's out there and most local guys (regrettably including RJ) don't tell us who's out there for the opponents.

If the announcers can't do it at least the production guys could put it on a crawl at the bottom of the screen or something.

I actually think most hockey announcers are guilty of this. The US national guys never bother to tell us who's out there and most local guys (regrettably including RJ) don't tell us who's out there for the opponents.

If the announcers can't do it at least the production guys could put it on a crawl at the bottom of the screen or something.

Not on MSG, who's feeds regularly miss the faceoff ~40% of the time because they're showing a replay or Rob Ray's face.  Not being able to tell who's on the ice against who is killing me so far this year, so I haven't been watching the games very closely.

Not on MSG, who's feeds regularly miss the faceoff ~40% of the time because they're showing a replay or Rob Ray's face.  Not being able to tell who's on the ice against who is killing me so far this year, so I haven't been watching the games very closely.

I have watched two games so far, each time I had to look for who was playing, nothing was being said about DD's changes.  But he does them so much its probably hard to follow :p

It would be easy enough to put the player #'s at the bottom of the screen. Would instantly tell you what the penalty situation was as well. (Could even have the #'s of the guys in the box, just for kicks.)

Would barely take any screen space away and if you have them arranged in 2 rows, you could even know who is playing where.

In blue w/ gold trim:

23 90 63

4 55

and on the other side of the screen in white w/ blue trim :

(18) 91 24

5 6

So Sabres PP, but for some reason not using a pp unit, w/ Palat in the box. Easy.

This drives me crazy about the simulcasts as well. Dan Dunleavy referred to a graphic on the TV Broadcast and did not explain what it was for the radio listeners.

Anyone else care to revise their lines based on what we've seen so far? I'll go

Kane - O'Reilly - Reinhart

Ennis - Eichel - Foligno

Moulson - Girgensons - Gionta

Des - Larsson - McGinn

Risto - Gorges

Pysk -McCabe

Franson - Weber 

Johnson

Flip Foligno and Moulson and I would like to give it a try.  Moulson will go to the front and Jack and Tyler will generate.  Ror and Kane should be able to dominate possession. I would like to see them for a bit. Also there is enough shelter for Samson. 

Reinhart - RoR - Ennis  - it worked well should have another shot.

Kane - Eichel - Girgensons - I think zemgus is the only one that can somewhat keep up, maybe Foligno to.

Moulson - Larrson - Gionta  - they all had chemistry with each other at some point last season.

Deslauriers - Legwand - Foligno - If legwand keeps playing like this I would try to resign him to a two year deal.

McGinn  out of all the players he dissapointed me the most.

Kane is not going on a 3rd line. We didn't get him to be centered by Zemgus. 

Kane would still get his 18 minutes a game.

Bylsma is playing pairs and situations, not a traditional three-line heirarchy.

I still want to see the traditional line-up I pitched in August:

Kane/O'Reilly/Ennis

Moulson/Eichel/Girgensons

Foligno Reinhart Gionta

McGinn/Larsson/Deslauriers

Or why not this?

Moulson/Eichel/O'Reilly

Kane/Reinhart/Girgensons

Ennis/Larsson/Gionta

Foligno/Legwand/Deslauriers

Kane would still get his 18 minutes a game.

Bylsma is playing pairs and situations, not a traditional three-line heirarchy.

I still want to see the traditional line-up I pitched in August:

Kane/O'Reilly/Ennis

Moulson/Eichel/Girgensons

Foligno Reinhart Gionta

McGinn/Larsson/Deslauriers

Or why not this?

Moulson/Eichel/O'Reilly

Kane/Reinhart/Girgensons

Ennis/Larsson/Gionta

Foligno/Legwand/Deslauriers

Kane on a 3rd line with 18 minutes/game means that the Eichel or O'Reilly line sees 3rd line minutes 

Kane on a 3rd line with 18 minutes/game means that the Eichel or O'Reilly line sees 3rd line minutes 

What I'm saying is Kane/Girgensons doesn't have to be a third line. Maybe they are the second line with Reinhart or Gionta or Moulson, while Eichel Ennis and O'Reilly is the first. Maybe we run three equal lines and kane pads his ice time on special teams.

Remember the lines aren't static, even during a game, and special teams has a big impact on ice time.

I think Eichel and Kane are the Sabres' 2 best forwards, and 5 games is too early to pull the plug.  I think they will figure it out.  I also like the idea of having Kane's understated menace there to protect the franchise.

Kane had a goal disallowed on an offside replay review and, separately, was extremely close to converting an amazing Eichel feed on the doorstep.  If he's got those 2 goals in his account, are we having this conversation right now?

What I'm saying is Kane/Girgensons doesn't have to be a third line. Maybe they are the second line with Reinhart or Gionta or Moulson, while Eichel Ennis and O'Reilly is the first. Maybe we run three equal lines and kane pads his ice time on special teams.

Remember the lines aren't static, even during a game, and special teams has a big impact on ice time.

I get that Byslma has pairs rather than lines, and that he will change the lines mid-game, but it still remains he has to put 3 forwards out as a group, and that means we have 2 guys that don't belong getting equal minutes at the cost of our higher skilled guys. 

I think Eichel and Kane are the Sabres' 2 best forwards, and 5 games is too early to pull the plug.  I think they will figure it out.  I also like the idea of having Kane's understated menace there to protect the franchise.

Kane had a goal disallowed on an offside replay review and, separately, was extremely close to converting an amazing Eichel feed on the doorstep.  If he's got those 2 goals in his account, are we having this conversation right now?

If they're our two best forwards, they shouldn't be on the same line. 

Extremely close?  He blasted it into the defender's leg.  And I still think we are having this conversation if Kane had 2 goals.

I think O'Reilly and Eichel are our best forwards, Kane is a close 3rd.  I just don't see a fit in Kane and Eichel's styles.  I want both of these guys to be the ones carrying the puck.

I love the idea of Zemgus and Marcus following Evander in on the forecheck.

I'm not opposed to more patience, I just think they are too similar in that they both want the puck.

Extremely close?  He blasted it into the defender's leg.  And I still think we are having this conversation if Kane had 2 goals.

I think O'Reilly and Eichel are our best forwards, Kane is a close 3rd.  I just don't see a fit in Kane and Eichel's styles.  I want both of these guys to be the ones carrying the puck.

I love the idea of Zemgus and Marcus following Evander in on the forecheck.

That would be interesting to watch.

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres 5h5 hours ago

#Sabres lines at practice this AM:

Reinhart-O'Reilly-Ennis

Kane-Eichel-McGinn

Moulson-Girgensons-Gionta

Deslauriers-Legwand/Larsson-Foligno

Buffalo Sabres @BuffaloSabres 4h4 hours ago

Defense at practice:

Gorges-Ristolainen

McCabe-Pysyk

Weber-Colaiacovo

Franson and Bogosian are not on the ice this morning.

Well, here's a surprise for everyone

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=783890&navid=DL|BUF|home

MONDAY’S PRACTICE

Forwards

23 Sam Reinhart – 90 Ryan O’Reilly – 63 Tyler Ennis

Evander Kane – 15 Jack Eichel – 88 Jamie McGinn

26 Matt Moulson – 28 Zemgus Girgensons – 12 Brian Gionta

44 Nicolas Deslauriers – 17 David Legwand/22 Johan Larsson – 82 Marcus Foligno

Defense

Josh Gorges – 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe – 3 Mark Pysyk

25 Carlo Colaiacovo – 6 Mike Weber

31 Chad Johnson
50 Nathan Lieuwen

Franson had a maintenance day and is day-to-day, Bogosian still not practicing 

Dammit Liger!

Edited by WildCard

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.