Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

Hi.  Everyone in warmer climes or on vacation, please note:  this thread is NOT about you.  At all.  I didn't post when I was in the Caribbean, and inkman didn't post when he was in the fourth circle of Hell (warmer than Rochester, but less annoying than Dallas, if I remember my Dante).  Let your braggadocio flow elsewhere and let us bitch, dammit!

My boss has been sending us pictures of him on the beach again. At least this time he's there with a couple of my coworkers for GDC but still... Really got my hackles up. The man is on the beach endlessly and I haven't taken a vacation in years. Because he makes us feel guilty for taking vacation days. Which we don't have anyways. 

But on a happier note- the mercury looks like it'll be rising a bit in the coming week! Upper 40s, baby! Time to break out the sundresses! 

I needed to vent. And need an opinion but don't know where to put it as its not really that important.

Friend and I run a few concession stands and one of them is at chestnut ridge. We sell hot chocolate. Almost every person that buys a cup immediately tries to drink it and then gets mad because it is hot. I don't understand it. What is it supposed to be? We go through countless bags of ice because every one wants it in their cup. Guy bought a cup drank it immediately and yelled at our counter girl for 20 mins saying he didn't know it was going to be hot. I mean it's called HOT chocolate

I needed to vent. And need an opinion but don't know where to put it as its not really that important.

Friend and I run a few concession stands and one of them is at chestnut ridge. We sell hot chocolate. Almost every person that buys a cup immediately tries to drink it and then gets mad because it is hot. I don't understand it. What is it supposed to be? We go through countless bags of ice because every one wants it in their cup. Guy bought a cup drank it immediately and yelled at our counter girl for 20 mins saying he didn't know it was going to be hot. I mean it's called HOT chocolate

Sorry, man; I'm gonna side with your customers here.  This used to drive eight-year-old me CRAZY at the rink.  Can't it be "hot" without burning through the tongue?

No need for that guy to yell, though.

Sorry, man; I'm gonna side with your customers here.  This used to drive eight-year-old me CRAZY at the rink.  Can't it be "hot" without burning through the tongue?

No need for that guy to yell, though.

It's supposed to teach you patience. Wait for the hot chocolate to cool and enjoy just being. 

I'm a grown-ass man and I still inescapably burn my tongue on any microwaved or oven-cooked pizza or pizza-like substance.

And that's nobody's problem but my own.

In this particular case, there's no right answer.  Because if you try to go this route...

Can't it be "hot" without burning through the tongue?

...you'll get complaints from some that it's not hot enough- and there's no easy way to fix that.  Can't make everyone happy.  The easiest solution is for people who want not-hot chocolate to literally chill out.

Edited by IKnowPhysics

I'm a grown-ass man and I still inescapably burn my tongue on any microwaved or oven-cooked pizza or pizza-like substance.

And that's nobody's problem but my own.

In this particular case, there's no right answer.  Because if you try to go this route...

...you'll get complaints from some that it's not hot enough- and there's no easy way to fix that.  Can't make everyone happy.  The easiest solution is for people who want not-hot chocolate to literally chill out.

I guess if they're outside at Chestnut Ridge, they always can stick the cup in some snow for a couple of minutes, right?

My solution was to not order hot chocolate anymore.

I guess if they're outside at Chestnut Ridge, they always can stick the cup in some snow for a couple of minutes, right?

My solution was to not order hot chocolate anymore.

you would think they could just put it in the snow for a min.

We have sold hot chocolate at other places and never get complaints or have people ask for ice. Maybe it's the kids that want it cold. Had a guy earlier stick an icicle in it and demanded a refund after the icicle had something in it when it melted. Lol.

I think it's just a lack of patience. I have noticed the "older" people (my age or older, I'm 28) don't ask for ice and just wait the 3-4 mins for it to cool.

you would think they could just put it in the snow for a min.

We have sold hot chocolate at other places and never get complaints or have people ask for ice. Maybe it's the kids that want it cold. Had a guy earlier stick an icicle in it and demanded a refund after the icicle had something in it when it melted. Lol.

I think it's just a lack of patience. I have noticed the "older" people (my age or older, I'm 28) don't ask for ice and just wait the 3-4 mins for it to cool.

Sheesh, just shell out for another hot chocolate brewer and set one on 'scalding death molten chocolate lava' and the other on 'just barely able to melt marshmallows.' That way everyone but you and your bottom line are happy. ;) Edited by Taro T

Sheesh, just shell out for another hot chocolate brewer and set one on 'scalding death molten chocolate lava' and the other on 'just barely able to melt marshmallows.' That way everyone but you and your bottom line are happy. ;)

this could work.

• 2 weeks later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.