Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

82 with a heat index of 89 currently in Jacksonville, NC. Already feels way too hot for my tastes, especially since it's supposed to technically still be spring. Highs in the high 70's and low 80's all week with plenty of rain. Hopefully the heat index doesn't make it feel much hotter.

Up to 85 now with a heat index of 96. I think I might take my next smoke break in my car with the AC blasting instead of on the gazebo behind the building. It's not even summer and I'm ready for fall to hurry up and get here.

Up to 85 now with a heat index of 96. I think I might take my next smoke break in my car with the AC blasting instead of on the gazebo behind the building. It's not even summer and I'm ready for fall to hurry up and get here.

It's 46 and misting here. Your weather sounds better.

It's 46 and misting here. Your weather sounds better.

I guess it's a grass is always greener kind of thing. 40's with precipitation is generally pretty miserable but I just hate hot weather. My area is pretty nice for 3 out of the 4 seasons though so I try not to complain too much although the summer season definitely seems longer than the other 3.

I guess it's a grass is always greener kind of thing. 40's with precipitation is generally pretty miserable but I just hate hot weather. My area is pretty nice for 3 out of the 4 seasons though so I try not to complain too much although the summer season definitely seems longer than the other 3.

Where are you?

We've only been below average 6 days in the last 4 months here. Winter passed by us with the exception of one week in February. 

Nevermind, I missed your previous post. 

We're on pretty high ground.  Once or twice there were times when there was water running across the road and I wondered how much it would take to sweep a Fiat away.  No rain in the 10-day forecast for the first time in a  long time.

In the 40s Fort Worth had major flooding.  In the 50s and 60s the US Army Corps of Engineers created some lakes and rechanneled the Trinity River to control future floods.  In this case they worked wonderfully.  Nowhere near the flooding that Austin and surrounding area had, and not even as bad as Dallas just to the east.  (Their greenbelt along the Trinity was flooded from levee to levee.  In Ft Worth the river stayed within its banks.)

At this point the worst effect of the rains is that the cycling/jogging trails along the river are under water in *some* spots, mostly the low-water crossings (bridges just above normal water level).

I saw a weather warning last night that a Ft. Worth levee broke. 

fSlHSQkl.png

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Where are you?

We've only been below average 6 days in the last 4 months here. Winter passed by us with the exception of one week in February. 

Nevermind, I missed your previous post. 

I saw a weather warning last night that a Ft. Worth levee broke. 

fSlHSQkl.png

The NWS is in Fort Worth, but the levee that failed is in Dallas.  That's kind of like Buffalo and Rochester.  

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I were complaining about the heat and humidity here in PA this week (90+ and 60%+), until a friend from Greensboro NC stopped by and note how cool and low humidity it was here. We had joked about moving into a house next door to them that's for sale, but I think it's off the list now.

98 here in Durham.  102 forecast for tomorrow.  I despise NC summers.

I say bring it, summer.  I'm stuck in the middle of a building where I can't even see any natural light, so I'm completely clueless as to how it is outside most of the day.  After work, I'll hit the pool at the gym.

Note: I will completely change my mind this weekend when moving boxes from one house to the other

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.