Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

No haven't been there yet but I've heard great things. I don't go through north olean much anymore so I always forget about it

I giggled a bit at the "don't go through north Olean anymore" bit. The entire city is about five minutes apart. It's worth the couple of turns it takes to get there.

:nana:

You all need to learn the metric system. It's so easy ... everything in 10s.

My link has an easy way to convert it to the stupid, as in nonsensical, F system at the click of a mouse.

Get outta here with your goddamn commie metric system. Your centimeters and your millipedes! Insects, communist insects!

:nana:

You all need to learn the metric system. It's so easy ... everything in 10s.

My link has an easy way to convert it to the stupid, as in nonsensical, F system at the click of a mouse.

I'm a science guy, so I work in metric all the time. But for outdoor temps, I like F because it has a finer resolution.

I'm a science guy, so I work in metric all the time. But for outdoor temps, I like F because it has a finer resolution.

I'll second that.. Engineer from the Eighties, foot/lbs.. newton/meters what ever, or how ever you want to slice that bread I'll work with it.. the one thing I never wavered on is the temp for the household thermostat... always Deg F

That is definitely true. But I just keep forgetting about it. I think I'll try to get take out on Friday. I got one buddy who keeps going on about the place

Definitely worth it. I went simple last time with the butter chicken but they have great options. Their palak paneer is very good.

ustv_homer_simpson_1.jpg

MMMMMMM Palak Paneer

With the picture I'm not sure if you're serious, but if so: isn't it great? I'm not a healthy eater. Don't eat a whole lot of greens. But Palak Paneer is one I can eat mounds of. You can substitute paneer in for chicken for a lot of meals, too. Tastes a lot like chicken when cooked well.

Yeah, the F system is built on outdoor temps. 100 is about as hot as it gets, 0 is about as cold as it gets. When you're planning a picnic, you give zero about the phase transition points of pure water at sea level.

Driving home this afternoon, I made it almost all the way before realizing I didn't even have the heat on in my car. Apparently my body has decided that 11*F in the sun is now "acceptable".

Nice. Family was up in Lake Placid two weeks ago (saw -12 F on the car thermometer) and even the teens that we're getting here are fine. I almost went back for a lighter jacket this morning when I went outside. It's 26 and sunny.

Yeah, the F system is built on outdoor temps. 100 is about as hot as it gets, 0 is about as cold as it gets. When you're planning a picnic, you give zero ###### about the phase transition points of pure water at sea level.

While I think in F too, there is a logic to relating C to outside temperatures. 0-10 C (32-50 F) = cold (for most people), 10-20 C (50-68 F) = cool, 20-30 C (68-86 F) warm, 30-40 C (86-104 F) = hot, 40+ = really F'N hot, like Africa hot. 50+ C (122+ F) = not fit for humans. :)

With the picture I'm not sure if you're serious, but if so: isn't it great? I'm not a healthy eater. Don't eat a whole lot of greens. But Palak Paneer is one I can eat mounds of. You can substitute paneer in for chicken for a lot of meals, too. Tastes a lot like chicken when cooked well.

Sorry but it was meant as sarcasm , I don't picture Homer Simpson eating Palak Paneer, so not serious, but yes I do like. I am a healthy eater, not by choice but I have an un-naturally high natural cholesterol level (it's hereditary) so I'm always looking for different ways to do healthy.

So nearly everything here around Raleigh was delayed opening today due to roads re-freezing overnight.  On my commute in to work I see a car where the driver only bothered to scrape off the ice from the driver side of the windshield.  The other 3/4 of the windshield was still covered with an inch thick layer of sleet/ice.  Are you fecking kidding me?

So nearly everything here around Raleigh was delayed opening today due to roads re-freezing overnight. On my commute in to work I see a car where the driver only bothered to scrape off the ice from the driver side of the windshield. The other 3/4 of the windshield was still covered with an inch thick layer of sleet/ice. Are you fecking kidding me?

Sadly, I see people around Buffalo do that all the time. Or my personal favorite: not brushing any snow off the rear window at all in hopes the defroster chews through 3 inches.

Sadly, I see people around Buffalo do that all the time. Or my personal favorite: not brushing any snow off the rear window at all in hopes the defroster chews through 3 inches.

See I don't ever recall seeing that in my 30 years living in WNY.  I've noticed people only clear a limited swath across the entire windshield and the back window neglected like you mentioned and leaving feet of snow on top of their car to eventually blow off in one big blinding chunk into the following cars, but to purposely leave yourself 3/4 blind on icy roads is idiocy of the highest order.

See I don't ever recall seeing that in my 30 years living in WNY.  I've noticed people only clear a limited swath across the entire windshield and the back window neglected like you mentioned and leaving feet of snow on top of their car to eventually blow off in one big blinding chunk into the following cars, but to purposely leave yourself 3/4 blind on icy roads is idiocy of the highest order.

Yeah, at least take the extra minute in order to ensure that you know where you are going. How are you supposed to road rage at the other cars if you can't even see 'em?

So nearly everything here around Raleigh was delayed opening today due to roads re-freezing overnight.  On my commute in to work I see a car where the driver only bothered to scrape off the ice from the driver side of the windshield.  The other 3/4 of the windshield was still covered with an inch thick layer of sleet/ice.  Are you fecking kidding me?

As a former Upstate New Yorker who lives in NC I do that whenever I'm running behind, but then again I live near the coast (Jacksonville, NC) and there hasn't been any snow near me, just some ice built up on the windshield in the mornings. My car windshield will usually defrost within about 10 minutes of me turning the car on (about 5 minutes for the back) so it's usually clear before I hit the bypass on my way to work. I clear off at about 75% of the drivers side of the windshield though but that's only about 40% of the total windshield.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.