Report your current temp.

PASabreFan

Ok NS, What is the wind instrument being played, I remember  in 4th or 5th grade we all had to learn to play one, but it's been so long I can't remember the name....

Recorder?

Edit:  I guessed that without watching since it seems like that's one everyone learned in school, but watching I'm not sure... it sounds like a recorder, but looks like a piccolo!

Edited by biodork

Recorder?

Edit:  I guessed that without watching since it seems like that's one everyone learned in school, but watching I'm not sure... it sounds like a recorder, but looks like a piccolo!

It a small inexpensive 6 hole (5 on top, one on the bottom?) , wind instrument, back in the 70's made out of wood.  The schools handed them out gave, a few lessons, just to see if their was any interest or natural talent.  I'm stumped, but recorder????  could be???

It a small inexpensive 6 hole (5 on top, one on the bottom?) , wind instrument, back in the 70's made out of wood.  The schools handed them out gave, a few lessons, just to see if their was any interest or natural talent.  I'm stumped, but recorder????  could be???

I think it's the way he's holding it that has me confused (holding like a piccolo), but recorders come in different sizes and can be wood or plastic so I'll bet that's it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorder_%28musical_instrument%29

The only one's I'd seen look like a plastic clarinet with fewer keys.

I think it's the way he's holding it that has me confused (holding like a piccolo), but recorders come in different sizes and can be wood or plastic so I'll bet that's it:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorder_%28musical_instrument%29

The only one's I'd seen look like a plastic clarinet with fewer keys.

That's it!!

The smallest one pictured, not as nice, is what I am remembering... good find!

That's it!!

The smallest one pictured, not as nice, is what I am remembering... good find!

I can confirm that as a child I was forced to learn the recorder in elementary school music class. The combination of 30 eight year old kids playing a recorder will ruin any interest in music you may have had...

Don't worry. Come summer time we'll have 90's and triple digits with ungodly humidity adding to the heat index while you get to enjoy a much more temperate climate.

I hear ya. You can always put more clothes on but you can only take so much off. Nothing like going to the race track on a summer's day polishing off two gallons of Powerade in a matter of an afternoon and never once going to the bathroom. Something's just not right when the AC is running at 2AM on a January morning. I guess it's one extreme or the other. Buffalo and South Florida just doesn't scream moderate. Too much of any kind of weather tends to get old after a while. 

It actually got down to 43° last night which is a rarity. What was even more rare was the HIGH was only 57°. I think it's been 4 years since the high temp never reached 60°. 

Edited by JJFIVEOH

Woo hoo!! 16 degrees!! Heat wave!

It's sad that we have lowered our standards to this....

I can confirm that as a child I was forced to learn the recorder in elementary school music class. The combination of 30 eight year old kids playing a recorder will ruin any interest in music you may have had...

I'm sure the teachers loved it... :death:

my understanding is there is a mandatory happy hour after that day in school....

3C and rain.

Back to the deep freeze tonight.  All the water will turn to ice.  Everyone will be skating to work tomorrow morning.  Thank goodness I am still working from my home office this coming week ... back to teach a two week *job prep* session for graduates on March 2nd.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.