Trade: Jhonas Enroth to Dallas

TheMatrix31

Every decent person in the world is going to be pissed if the Leaves get the #1 pick.

And it is a pleasure to have the entire florida panther fanbase on the board with us.  Welcome.

Nooooo Jhonas is so cute.  My sister is going to be pissed.  Goodbye crazy little ewok guy.  I can totally see him getting hot again and winning a playoff series or two.

That's tremendous :clapping:

Every decent person in the world is going to be pissed if the Leaves get the #1 pick.

And it is a pleasure to have the entire florida panther fanbase on the board with us.  Welcome.

Nooooo Jhonas is so cute.  My sister is going to be pissed.  Goodbye crazy little ewok guy.  I can totally see him getting hot again and winning a playoff series or two.

You're not going to cry, are ya?

What's the deal with the Panther? Boycotting fanhood cause you don't like the trade?

Yes. I've been riding this out along with everybody else, if I miss 3 games in a season that's a lot. Murray decided to mail-in the rest of the season, so will I. My local team is making a playoff push, they'll get my support until the end of the year. 

GAH! Wow. This makes total sense. Finish the year guaranteeing the ultimate tank. The only question I have is what the hell are they going to do for goal-tending going forward?

Their rights to Enroth will be the same as if they just waited until the year to end before signing him.  He may come back, he may not.  I'm not too worried; if we don't sign him back I'm sure Murray will take care of the situation when the Sabres are ready to get serious.

Good luck to Jhonas.  He'll be my neighbor now.  ;)

Lindbäck and a third.

Yeesh. Enroth was worth more than that, no?

He was worth nothing to us if he walked.

Everybody post all your tank pictures.

ALL YOUR TANK ARE BELONG TO US

tank-d.jpg

is lindback any good

No.  Not at all.

This is perfect.

Lindback is UFA as well.

Try before you buy, man.  Try before you buy.

Damn out of the two goalies, this isn't the one i wanted to see traded.

Hope we sign him back in the summer.

Before he got hurt, Neuvirth was getting the bulk of the starts and playing fairly well. Jhonas jumped on his opportunity w/ the confidence that off his back save in the Snarks game instilled.

TM wants to see what Neuvirth can do. Hopefully he plays well, but not well enough to move up a spot in the rankings. This horrible season is and has been all or nothing on McEichel since day 1. Moving Jhonas improves the odds a bit.

Doubt he does get signed back; don't see him as fitting TM's mold, but don't see the trade materially effecting the likelihood of him being back. They both know what the Sabres would offer, what he'd settle for, and what his role would be moving forward. They might be on the same page w/ those 3 items (and the deal is the ol' St. Louis - Keith Tkachuk - let's turn you into more assets and a chance for you to do some playoff damage before coming back this summer), though it's not likely.

Not done yet

Interesting.

Of course not. Stewart is gone for sure.

You got anything solid?

I'm kinda hoping Stewart gets packaged with Hodgson for a respectable #3-4ish vet defenseman who might be a bit overpaid and thus more tradeable than would otherwise be the case.

Before he got hurt, Neuvirth was getting the bulk of the starts and playing fairly well. Jhonas jumped on his opportunity w/ the confidence that off his back save in the Snarks game instilled.

TM wants to see what Neuvirth can do. Hopefully he plays well, but not well enough to move up a spot in the rankings. This horrible season is and has been all or nothing on McEichel since day 1. Moving Jhonas improves the odds a bit.

Doubt he does get signed back; don't see him as fitting TM's mold, but don't see the trade materially effecting the likelihood of him being back. They both know what the Sabres would offer, what he'd settle for, and what his role would be moving forward. They might be on the same page w/ those 3 items (and the deal is the ol' St. Louis - Keith Tkachuk - let's turn you into more assets and a chance for you to do some playoff damage before coming back this summer), though it's not likely.

Good call.

A UFA goalie for a UFA goalie for a 3rd + a possible 2nd.....  that's a good hockey move.  Give up nothing for something. 

Yes indeedly.

Doubt he does get signed back; don't see him as fitting TM's mold, but don't see the trade materially effecting the likelihood of him being back. 

Exactamundo.

Which is why I've been scratching my head toward those who have been scratching their heads at this deal.

Really, it's resulted in a whole lot of needless head scratching.

The team is charting a 30th place finish. Moving The Paddle of Ethron helps that goal. If we want or need him back for next season, we can take a run at him in the summer. If not, there will be other talent available.

Yes. I've been riding this out along with everybody else, if I miss 3 games in a season that's a lot. Murray decided to mail-in the rest of the season, so will I. My local team is making a playoff push, they'll get my support until the end of the year. 

Then feel free to move on over to that Florida Panthers fan forum.

I'm not sure how anyone can say Murray is mailing in the rest of the season.  These moves impact the team beyond this season and frankly, what else was he supposed to do?  Did you think that Enroth would not be moved?  Every UFA is going to be moved (if they can be moved for any value).  Moving Enroth was a great move.  It gives him a chance at the playoffs with a team who knows him best.  No other team was likely looking for a solid backup to their starting goaltender (who has a history of injury by the way).  So, move him to Dallas where he has a shot.

The other trade makes perfect sense as well.  It's the kind of trade everyone wishes would be made.  It's the kind of trade that when other teams make it there's a load of bellyaching on this forum about how our GM could never do something like that.  Never had the stones.  Well, now he does.  So the first moves he makes and everyone is all up in arms.

I think the single most important point of this entire situation is that we all know that the moves aren't done.  So, perhaps rather than act like we know what is going on we should just sit back and enjoy the Tim Murray show and see what his moves are up until next season.  He started his plan with the acquisition of Kane and Bogosian.  There's more to be done. 

As I see it most of the people on here complaining are the same ones who would likely have told Michelangelo that his painting sucked the moment he painted the first stroke on the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.

In terms of fanhood sins, being a team swapping w.h.o.r.e is far worse than openly rooting for a tank IMO.

Edit: damn gefilter

Edited by Claude_Verret

Lindy will just ride him into the ground and he'll be too tired for the playoffs. :)

I can think of at least 4 dirty jokes based on this sentence...

I am glad Enroth is gone not because I disliked him, on the contrary I will miss him, but because I think he deserves the chance to be a difference maker.  I don't think Murray was going to give him that chance here. 

So you root for whatever team is winning? There's a name for that......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.