Trade: Jhonas Enroth to Dallas

TheMatrix31

Boggles my mind that people don't understand we are tanking

Embrace the tank

I embrace the tank.  I'm all-in on the tank.

This year.

Next year, however, we will need a goalie that is more qualified than Ryan Vinz.

Looking at the UFA G list:

Niemi

Fasth

Bryzgalov

Ramo

Brodeur

Neuvirth

Harding

Gustavsson

Enroth

Greiss

Emery

Lindback

Ellis

LaBarbera

That's a pretty mediocre list.  No contenders there.

Even the RFA G list, outside of maybe Holtby, is weak.

Just on Shope and Bulldog, it was stated based on Dallas making the playoffs it becomes a second, and if there are playoff wins for Enroth.

Uh.., let's go...umm...

NAW DALLAS.

Right , because up until now they've been real exciting.

You need good goalies and I think Enroth fit that bill.  He kept them in many games.  Some games were a bore but this  team had good outings and it is good to see the young guys develop.  I am not a cynic but a realist.  Rebuild is a struggle.  The season, with out a good goalie (Lindback is not it) will be brutal.   

Maybe Murray can get rid of the garbage that does have his name in it....... Mess and Balls I'm looking at you. 

Those 2 need to go.  

Murray can spin this all he wants.  It is the talent fire sale starting early.  I thought Enroth was the goalie of the future.  He is dumping talent albeit a majority drafted by Darcy.  If they win 5 games the rest of the season, I will be surprised.  The games will be unwatchable.  

will be? how do you define the first 55?

You need good goalies and I think Enroth fit that bill.  He kept them in many games.  Some games were a bore but this  team had good outings and it is good to see the young guys develop.  I am not a cynic but a realist.  Rebuild is a struggle.  The season, with out a good goalie (Lindback is not it) will be brutal.   

It's been brutal for 2 years now

I embrace the tank. I'm all-in on the tank.

This year.

Next year, however, we will need a goalie that is more qualified than Ryan Vinz.

Looking at the UFA G list:

Niemi

Fasth

Bryzgalov

Ramo

Brodeur

Neuvirth

Harding

Gustavsson

Enroth

Greiss

Emery

Lindback

Ellis

LaBarbera

That's a pretty mediocre list. No contenders there.

Even the RFA G list, outside of maybe Holtby, is weak.

Uh.., let's go...umm...

NAW ###### DALLAS.

we will trade for a goalie when the time is right. Don't remember exactly what Murray said about the rebuild but I think he said build the offense and defense then find your goalie

F

U

C

A

L

E

!

!

where is he? Montreal? What do you think it would take to get him or a malcolm subban. Edited by Kr632

Those 2 need to go.  

AND he was usually healthy. There is no cap issues at the moment, Murray should have (assuming he didn't) offer him a lucrative contract for at least 2-3 years. Unless he knew for a fact that Enroth was absolutely not coming back for any kind of money............ this is a ridiculous trade. 

You mean like when Regier brought in Moulson and then Murray brought him back?

Yes! tank fodder, and tradable when ready again. Good with helping young ones (Tavares/Reinhart/McEichel). Great trade, got a pick and he's back. Same with Enroth? Good move by Darcy with getting Islanders 2015 first, made great by GMTM.

Enroth was a good 1b goalie, better backup goalie. He is not going to be a #1 starter on a good team

They are going to need to find a #1 guy somewhere this offseason (or before March)

Niemi could be an option, trading for a high prospect guy like Fucale or Subban might be where he goes (I would prefer Subban over Fucale, I wasn't impressed with Fucale in the past 2 Juniors, seemed like he looked better then he did because of the team in front of him, he didn't look like a superstar)

Another option could be a trade for one of the Sens goalies (didn't Murray say he liked the one?) or Toronto is supposed to be making Bernier available (that would be my top choice)

we will trade for a goalie when the time is right. Don't remember exactly what Murray said about the rebuild but I think he said build the offense and defense then find your goalie where is he? Montreal? What do you think it would take to get him or a malcolm subban.

Schneider was traded for a 1st round pick, which became Bo Horvat. I'd say he had more value then Fucale and Subban. I'd be pumped if we traded our other low 1st for a goalie of Schneider's caliber. I'm not too sure an opportunity like that will present itself but I wouldn't want to pay more then a 2nd or a mediocre prospect and a later Rd pick. Edit: for Fucale or Subban or any other goaltending prospect.

Edited by Naulter8

I really wish I understood this trade.

Well Jhonas is a UFA, and outside of this place, his value is not high at all, so we got what we could, and needed to take a goalie back for them. Dallas needs a goalie now. We really have nothing to gain or lose by waiting til the deadline right? Could also 'help the tank'. I think that's all there is to it.

Well Jhonas is a UFA, and outside of this place, his value is not high at all, so we got what we could, and needed to take a goalie back for them. Dallas needs a goalie now. We really have nothing to gain or lose by waiting til the deadline right? Could also 'help the tank'. I think that's all there is to it.

Ok...  got that... so who is the goalie to lead us to the promised land?  We traded an UFA for an even worse UFA and a crappy 3rd round pick.  What is the vision for this team? 

We should consider offer sheeting Martin Jones at $3.3M a year for three years.  Might be too rich for LA's cap-crunched blood, especially as a backup to Quick.  Compensation would be a 2nd round pick.  Jones had the 14th best GVT in 2013-14 and 7th best ESSV% at 0.949.

If not that, maybe take a run at Cam Talbot, UFA after next year.  Talbot was 12th in both GVT and ESSV% last year.

Also give some consideration to offer sheeting Calvin Pickard to the same terms as Martin Jones above.  Pickard was a 49th overall pick in 2010 and showed promise in relief of an injured Varlamov.  He's 9th among goalies this year in GVT, COL wouldn't pay that money to a backup.

Maybe also give Scott Darling a look. 6'6" monster that backed up Raanta when Crawford went down.  He's had a down and up career and posted good numbers this year.

All these guys could be had cheap.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.