Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Reading Kanes lawyers statement about getting to court and revealing the motivations behind the accusers reasons for going after Kane makes me think they'll play the race card. Just a hunch. What other motivation would make it o.k. to grab women by the throat and pull several womans hair. I'm having a hard time coming up for a reason to treat any lady never mind several ladies as Kane has been accused of doing. I'm not surprised the lawyer claims he has the answers. Not to judge Kane at this point in this sad spectacle but it sounds like he's a spoiled entitled athlete that doesn't know how to handle being told no from females. 

Edited by bunomatic

Has a statement started with "not to judge" ever actually followed through with that intention by end-sentence?

Yep.

Just like "No disrespect but..." mean someone is about to get disrespected and when althetes say "Its not about the money" mean its exactly about the money.

Yep.

Just like "No disrespect but..." mean someone is about to get disrespected and when althetes say "Its not about the money" mean its exactly about the money.

I once heard a lawyer start a sentence that way in front of a judge who is, shall we say...mercurial.

It didn't go well.  "Let me stop you right there and tell you to think very carefully about the rest of your sentence," or something similar, is what I remember.

Not only do I not see Kaner ever wearing a Sabres' jersey again, I see him being suspended, traded and a way smaller contract (if he gets another one) than what he would have got if he behaved. How much is he worth right now? Twenty cents on the dollar? I'd trade Kane and next year's first for Juolevi though. You are rid of the guy and also open up cap space while getting a really good blue chip LHD.

Not only do I not see Kaner ever wearing a Sabres' jersey again, I see him being suspended, traded and a way smaller contract (if he gets another one) than what he would have got if he behaved. How much is he worth right now? Twenty cents on the dollar? I'd trade Kane and next year's first for Juolevi though. You are rid of the guy and also open up cap space while getting a really good blue chip LHD.

Not only will he wear a Sabres jersey this year he will play at an all star level and sign a new contract when this one runs out. The off ice drama will blow over once the season starts.

Not only will he wear a Sabres jersey this year he will play at an all star level and sign a new contract when this one runs out. The off ice drama will blow over once the season starts.

Yep.

Duck it, Sucky.

I can't believe that anybody would still want this guy on his team. You guys should open your eyes think with your brain not your heart. The guy is a lowlife.

Lowlife? Quite possibly. Good hockey player that will help the team win? Hell yeah.

I can't believe that anybody would still want this guy on his team. You guys should open your eyes think with your brain not your heart. The guy is a lowlife.

Well, at least he is showing young players what not to do. I didn't think that you guys were that hard up to want a player of his character on your team.

This is ridiculous.

Ducky, why are you still here?

A good question.

Debating the trade... Why? You hate to lose an argument don't you?

No one is debating you on this anymore. The trade discussion has long passed. The consensus here was that, win or lose, the trade isn't regretted because, A - we needed to complete the culture change and aren't missing Stafford and Myers one iota, and B - we've already won the trade, from our point of view, in the greatest sense: trading for an injured player helped facilitate last place, and by so doing, Eichel. The franchise centre.

That's not to say the Jets didn't also succeed within the parameters of the deal. They did. But we've moved on, whether certain people were disappointed with certain aspects of the trade or not. It's coming up on a year and a half old, now.

You post in one thread and have one single modus operandi and interest on this board, and while obviously welcome to continue doing so, you shouldn't be surprised some here would question your adamancy at doing so. With no one debating with you on the trade anymore (what more could possibly be said), all that comes across in your posts is some sort of inferred desire to be congratulated for a misplaced sense of "winning" an argument no one is taking part in anymore.