Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Lol you think Kane's bad decisions are gonna do what now?

I'd rather have the young'uns see Kane's "bad decisions" and good hockey play than Stafford's "meh decisions, what decisions?" and "do I even play hockey?  Why am I on skates in an arena?" all day, every day.

Only to tell you guys how smart you were for moving him.

With the young players the Sabres have, they shouldn't be exposed to Kaner's "bad decisions".

But this isn't a thread about EK. It's about a trade that involves Myers as well. And besides, the EK from this thread could be put into TBD and made out to be the EK on that forum maybe? Don't think you'll get that one but it's a Bills reference. i.e. EK is acting like an NFL player.

I'd rather have the young'uns see Kane's "bad decisions" and good hockey play than Stafford's "meh decisions, what decisions?" and "do I even play hockey?  Why am I on skates in an arena?" all day, every day.

The staph. Like a dog with distemper that cant figure out how to make the front leg move independent of a back leg. But he did have a good year in the peg before settling down to his level. Watch him light the highlight reel this year. Ha! End thread.

Oh and PS Ducky. I haven't looked at this thread yet and maybe you have but it may be a better place as it is obviously dedicated to the man.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/24232-laraque-sabres-trying-to-trade-evander-kane/

Edited by beerme1

You just get sized up for that jersey man, it's coming.

I'd much rather let the young players see how Staf is as a pro than Kaner every day of the week. Kaner could take some lessons from Staf in that regard.

I'd much rather let the young players see how Staf is as a pro than Kaner every day of the week. Kaner could take some lessons from Staf in that regard.

While I'm not going to pretend that I want our kids emulating Kane, the reason that a vast majority of Sabres fans wanted Stafford to go, desperately, three years before the trade was made (by the start date of the "Stafford needs to go" thread) was that we didn't want the young players on the team picking up Stafford's habits...

We saw too many seasons here where Stafford was going through the motions on ice.  Short arming passes, avoiding puck battles, avoiding dirty areas.  Given the Stafford we saw, he was no better for our young players.

LOL I'm starting to form that opinion but still have hope that Kane figures it out. I more than willing to bet that he likes it here more that the Peg. I'm not worried about him on ice even with his ridiculous need to shoot at will. I love his game for the most part and he takes no on the ice. We want that. But I am preparing for the fact that I will have to wear a Jets Jersey. Unless he is cleared again and figures out how to avoid this crap. 

Hahaha, no!

Stafford was a tad bit less lazy on ice than Vanek.

Say what you want about Kanes off ice choices, he is far from a lazy player on ice.

Kaner is a beast on the ice. I like how he plays the game. He should learn a few more tricks in the O zone but he isn't paid to be a playmaker. It's his off ice stuff that doesn't jive with building a cohesive team. Make a deal with Vegas that says we leave him unprotected and we give you a 2nd rounder for 3 players we tell you to draft and a 2nd rounder.

Staf isn't lazy on the ice, just in certain zones.

Kaner is a beast on the ice. I like how he plays the game. He should learn a few more tricks in the O zone but he isn't paid to be a playmaker. It's his off ice stuff that doesn't jive with building a cohesive team. Make a deal with Vegas that says we leave him unprotected and we give you a 2nd rounder for 3 players we tell you to draft and a 2nd rounder.

Staf isn't lazy on the ice, just in certain zones.

The one he's not lazy in is the Twilight Zone.

Well, if you guys are right, Staf will have an excellent year as this is the last year of his contract. I hope he is moved but probably won't be until the TD. We need the younger guys to get the ice time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have t heard anyone from tbis site mention any cancers in the room......who was ir myers or staf?

Even now, I would rather have Kane on the Sabres than Staff and Myers.

And we still haven't heard anything about him being a cancer in our locker room. Maybe we have a stronger captain.

And we still haven't heard anything about him being a cancer in our locker room. Maybe we have a stronger captain.

Stafford was a UFA. So, he wouldn't be here anymore anyways.

I still like the trade. The trade gave us a injured Kane who was out for the season in the year we were aiming to get McEichel. I don't think Myers and Stafford would've laid down on the season. Pure talent, Kane is a very good player. Sometimes to become great you have to take risks. Not always they work out.

Sabres did get McEichel, and i think are positioned really well, essp if they can lock down Jimmy Vesey, for a potential Kane-bust.

I have t heard anyone from tbis site mention any cancers in the room......who was ir myers or staf?

They weren't bad people, and were probably liked by teammates. It was a "losing culture" type of thing, that some people believe in and others just call "they were not playing good hockey for an extended period of time"

Too many bad (on ice) habits 

I think they were both liked well enough "in the room."  Staff especially seemed to be one of those guys who kept a light atmosphere in the room.  The problem Sabres fans had with them were that they were both rather inconsistent on the ice.  Staff had a great contract year where he scored 31 goals but he's never approached that since.  Myers had tremendous potential to be a strong D man but he seemed to have problems realizing that potential:  he's either too soft, or when he tries to play hard he takes unnecessary penalties.  Due to his height he tends to hit opponents in the head and draw the penalties.

Myers was especially frustrating for me.  A guy that size who skates that well... an absolute crime he hasn't put the whole package together.  I suppose he still might, but I gather a good deal of his difficulty is of the mental type. 

I think Staff is a good player, but he was the last forward of the Rotten Core.*  He came up to the team when Vanek, Pommers, Roy, etc., were the forward core.  When they were blown up, he became collateral damage.  They hung onto him for a while and he made the jump to the new era, but the crappy years in between just kind of ruined him (at least Sabres-wise).  He may do well in WPG going forward.  If so, good on him.  But I don't think a turnaround in Buffalo was in the cards.

*I'm not so sure Ennis will ever become a part of the new core and may also become collateral damage.

They weren't bad people, and were probably liked by teammates. It was a "losing culture" type of thing, that some people believe in and others just call "they were not playing good hockey for an extended period of time"

Too many bad (on ice) habits 

This is exactly why we had a 100 page thread that lasted multiple years on trading Drew Stafford. He was the last player left from the Darcy Regier core and we as a fan base was sick of mediocrity and was ready for a rebuild.

Little did we know how painful the rebuild would be.

He's not here any more so maybe we do? Buff is the undisputed leader of this team and he wanted Kane gone....bad for the room. Gone.

He is a distraction on your team and a bad example for the younger players. He is overpaid for his production. Trade him home to the Canucks, you should be able to fleece that bozo over there.

I think Staf has to change his game somewhat as he ages and I hope, for his sake, he does. I just hope it is somewhere else so he isn't slowing a  youngster's progress. Myers plays pretty soft and isn't the smartest player but pretty good offensively. If you  put Buff's smarts and mean streak on Myers,...watch out. I doubt that his game improves a lot as he ages but he IS still relatively young. Third best RHD we have but they play Trouba on the left side so Myers gets 2nd pairing time.

I'd trade Myers for an equal LHD.

I'd trade Staf because he will stall Armia's and Dano's, etc... progress. It will be hard to replace his goals but in two or three years, I think the investment in youth will pay off.

Forgot, I read somewhere that Kasdorf signed a two way?

He's not here any more so maybe we do? Buff is the undisputed leader of this team and he wanted Kane gone....bad for the room. Gone.

He is a distraction on your team and a bad example for the younger players. He is overpaid for his production. Trade him home to the Canucks, you should be able to fleece that bozo over there.

I think Staf has to change his game somewhat as he ages and I hope, for his sake, he does. I just hope it is somewhere else so he isn't slowing a  youngster's progress. Myers plays pretty soft and isn't the smartest player but pretty good offensively. If you  put Buff's smarts and mean streak on Myers,...watch out. I doubt that his game improves a lot as he ages but he IS still relatively young. Third best RHD we have but they play Trouba on the left side so Myers gets 2nd pairing time.

I'd trade Myers for an equal LHD.

I'd trade Staf because he will stall Armia's and Dano's, etc... progress. It will be hard to replace his goals but in two or three years, I think the investment in youth will pay off.Forgot, I read somewhere that Kasdorf signed a two way?

Jets will lose Dano to expansion, Armia isn't going to be a Jet for long with how stacked they are at wing. Stafford will probably be in Winnipeg until his short deal runs out.

Staf will not be here past the TD....book it.

Dano, Armia or Copp could be picked in the expansion draft but none of them going to LV will make or break a cup run here.

RWers...

Wheeler Armia Dano Staf

Ehlers Scheifele Wheeler

Laine Little Armia

Connor Perreault Staf

Matthias Lowry Dano

If Staf is gone we can move Dano up and bring up a youngster to take Dano's 4th line spot.

Edited by Ducky