Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

Miles ahead of never making the playoffs.

The young players have seen the playoffs now and will be aware of what it takes to win in the post season.

Had we not made the playoffs, how would they know?

Also, how much did the owners make extra for those two games? 4 million?

Kane can keep on crying all he wants, he is gone and I am glad....the cancer has been removed.

I hate to say it, but that was the refrain for Buffalo's back to back 1st round exits in 2010-12 (Boston and Philly). We know how the next 3 years went, I hope the Jets find a better heading.

Trolling?

He missed meetings...

He was late to meetings...

He was warned about the dress code before the trade...

This is trolling?

Why is it whenever Bogo is "hurt" at a practice, nothing is said immediately after the practice?

Other players that were dinged up in practice leave the game and reporters notice this and question the coach after the practice....this never happened with Bogo's "injuries".

What's going on? The Jets wouldn't say a bad word about him even after the trade and he starts whining like a little baby after the trade...glad he is gone. The Jets are looking for a certain type of player and Kane doesn't fit that bill...

On a sidenote, I'm not sure Lemieux fits the bill either.

He was crying and complaining in the article released yesterday wasn't he?

I get it.  You don't like the guy.  But you're waffling.  You said, "I was referring to his whining before the trade..."  But now you're not?  I don't know, it's hard to follow.

It's okay though.... you don't have to like him.

I hate to say it, but that was the refrain for Buffalo's back to back 1st round exits in 2010-12 (Boston and Philly). We know how the next 3 years went, I hope the Jets find a better heading.

Come on. Wasn't that the common theme around here this year. I made a point of saying that making the playoffs this year probably was not the best thing long term for this team. Everyone bashed with "it is experience for development, the kids will benefit", blah blah blah. Now were going to discount Winnipeg making the playoffs?

Not directed at you MattPie. More a general statement to some of these posts.

Edited by sicknfla

Come on. Wasn't that the common theme around here this year. I made a point of saying that making the playoffs this year probably was not the best thing long term for this team. Everyone bashed with "it is experience for development, the kids will benefit", blah blah blah. Now were going to discount Winnipeg making the playoffs?

Not directed at you MattPie. More a general statement to some of these posts.

"Everyone" would be a strong word for it. There are certainly people here that feel that the playoffs this year would be positive, and those that would rather have improvement but still be in the lottery (I'm in the latter category, FWIW). I try not to worry about it too much; for one, it doesn't matter what I think since the team is studiously ignoring my repeated phone calls and faxes offering advice, and two, I doubt this team will be close to making playoffs so the discussion is moot.

I get it.  You don't like the guy.  But you're waffling.  You said, "I was referring to his whining before the trade..."  But now you're not?  I don't know, it's hard to follow.

It's okay though.... you don't have to like him.

He complained before the trade and now he is whining after the trade...show some class and button it and move on.

Do I like him?

As a hockey player, I think he plays old school hockey at its finest which I really like.

as a team mate and a person, he leaves a LOT to be desired.

Evander Kane is one of my favorite players in the league. He plays hard as hell on the ice with a ton of skill and off it he is an actual human being. He isn't getting busted for anything illegal and just has fun his way. That's respectable and rare. I'm uninterested in opinions that state the guy should be generic like the rest off the ice.

He's passionate and successful. Good on him.

Trolling?

He missed meetings...

He was late to meetings...

He was warned about the dress code before the trade...

This is trolling?

Why is it whenever Bogo is "hurt" at a practice, nothing is said immediately after the practice?

Other players that were dinged up in practice leave the game and reporters notice this and question the coach after the practice....this never happened with Bogo's "injuries".

Here's what you said:

Did Kane have to whine about his time here....he isn't here any more, move on and quit being a crybaby already.

The team didn't have my back wahhhhh

I have to go to meetings on time wahhhhhh

I have to dress up while traveling with the team wahhhhhhhh

They won't let me put me before the team wahhhhhh

That, in plain English, means that he was whining about attending meetings, the dress code, etc.

Regardless of whether he missed a meeting (and I'll take your word for it that it happened), in the article that was published yesterday, he most assuredly was NOT whining about meetings or the dress code. 

The article was about his dissatisfaction with his teammates and, although not explicitly stated, with Winnipeg.  The pretty clear (IMHO) implication was that he felt uncomfortable in Winnipeg due to what he perceived as a negative reaction there to him being a young, flashy, wealthy, black athlete.

Now, I have been called a racist on this board in response to my criticism of a black person, and I think that it is generally weak, and offensive, to call someone a racist simply because that person has criticized a black person.  Calling someone a racist is a serious accusation -- so IMHO more evidence of racism is required before someone should make that accusation.  So if that sentiment is animating your statements about Kane, I completely understand. 

But we also shouldn't kid ourselves -- there is plenty of racism in this world, and no doubt some of the criticism of Kane (and some of the criticism of the person I have criticized) has been driven by racism.  I would expect that you haven't read all of the tweets, emails, etc. that Kane received from Winnipeggers -- and I expect that some of them were unmistakably racist in nature.

In any case, all seems good with him so far here. 

Ya, the Jets fan favorite is Buff but we are racist....

What you bolded was what he complained about or did before the trade.

Opening his mouth yesterday and whining shows his lack of class.

I'm glad he is gone. So far, Stafford has more than replaced him and there is no internal bickering centered around Kane.

He wasn't traded because management wanted him gone, he was traded because his team mates wanted him gone.

He was playing through a shoulder injury but as soon as the sweatpants went into the shower, he wants surgery....like a spoiled little brat that he is.

Ya, the Jets fan favorite is Buff but we are racist....

What you bolded was what he complained about or did before the trade.

Opening his mouth yesterday and whining shows his lack of class.

I'm glad he is gone. So far, Stafford has more than replaced him and there is no internal bickering centered around Kane.

He wasn't traded because management wanted him gone, he was traded because his team mates wanted him gone.

He was playing through a shoulder injury but as soon as the sweatpants went into the shower, he wants surgery....like a spoiled little brat that he is.

Well thats great u dont have to deal with him anymore...Time to move on Like your coach said right????

It is simply ridiculous to start declaring winners/losers in this trade.  Less than half a season has been played since it happened.

Especially when one of the teams is playoff caliber, while the other is coming off two consecutive years as worst in the league. The guys we shipped out went to an exponentially better team.

I needs to wait to see how the respective careers of the players involved pan out first.

May take a while.

GO SABRES!!!

He'll probably be on the IR with Bogo when they come here.

I would like to see Kaner and Buff meet in the corner though.

Back in the day, after Bam-Bam was traded, Rob Ray & Matt Barnaby would grab dinner the night before a game when their schedules worked out. Something tells me Evander & Dustin won't be doing that anytime soon.

Back in the day, after Bam-Bam was traded, Rob Ray & Matt Barnaby would grab dinner the night before a game when their schedules worked out. Something tells me Evander & Dustin won't be doing that anytime soon.

Maybe not, but distracting Byfuglien with food probably would be a sound strategy...

It certainly helped us make the playoffs though.

Did Kane have to whine about his time here....he isn't here any more, move on and quit being a crybaby already.

The team didn't have my back wahhhhh

I have to go to meetings on time wahhhhhh

I have to dress up while traveling with the team wahhhhhhhh

They won't let me put me before the team wahhhhhh

etc...

I am glad he is gone because as good as he was on the ice, he was a detriment to the team off the ice and we are a better team after the trade.

I don't think you are a better team cause Kane is gone.

Myers was -4 today. Guy is bruuuuuuuutal! Having no Myers is better than having him.

He'll probably be on the IR with Bogo when they come here.

I would like to see Kaner and Buff meet in the corner though.

Better hope Myers is out too, like he has been every year since 2010. Wouldn't want him sabotaging your team....again.....

The problem with Myers is hockey IQ.  He doesn't adjust to things on the fly very well. Teams figure out that if you pressure him and put the puck in his skates, he doesn't handle it well.  He is like a QB who only looks at his first read.  Sure every once in a while the guy makes a great throw to the 2nd options but most times you take away his first option and he panics. Myers can be a very solid 3/4 on a team but just be careful how and when you use him.

I don't think you are a better team cause Kane is gone.

Myers was -4 today. Guy is bruuuuuuuutal! Having no Myers is better than having him.

Better hope Myers is out too, like he has been every year since 2010. Wouldn't want him sabotaging your team....again.....

You mean like Bogo?

Crybaby Kane has 3 points and Bogo hasn't played and you want to debate the trade? Bring it on.

Yup, Myers was -4 with 2 empty net goals but I'll be the first to admit I didn't like his game tonight. He's got to learn better D or be paired with someone else.

I just finished watching video of the Jets' players reaction to Kaner's comments..... you should watch them and read between the lines. Ladd, Wheeler, Maurice and Thorburn (a close friend of Kaner's while he was here) have too much class to come out and say anything outright, but you can read between the lines and see they wish Kaner would just disappear and shut his big yap. Even the TSN guys are rolling their eyes and telling him to move on. Quite immature behavior if you ask me.

Oh, and ya, we're a better team without Kane.

Edited by Ducky