Trade: Myers, Stafford, Armia, Lemieux, + Low 1st for Kane, Bogosian, and Kasdorf

dudacek

I wish that our new acquisitions weren't hurt, either. But it's absurdly shortsighted to panic based on some early season injuries. Declaring a "winner" in the trade? Ridiculous.

True. But I think it is fair to say early indications are we got hosed. Let's be honest - 90% of this board would be writing daily posts of how great Murray is and how bad he fleeced Winnipeg if this was reversed - regardless if logic said it was too early to declare a winner/looser. It is not unfair to call it the way it currently is - a complete hose job. Maybe time will change that.

True. But I think it is fair to say early indications are we got hosed. Let's be honest - 90% of this board would be writing daily posts of how great Murray is and how bad he fleeced Winnipeg if this was reversed - regardless if logic said it was too early to declare a winner/looser. It is not unfair to call it the way it currently is - a complete hose job. Maybe time will change that.

I think most of the people here will call it what it is: a fairly balanced trade. Maybe the Darcy years have set the wrong tone, there are trades that aren't fleecings in one direction or the other. At this moment in time, the two primary players that came to Buffalo are hurt so I guess in your terms it's a hose job.

In other news, I got totally screwed on my mortgage, I'm paying all that money and I'm NOT EVEN HOME RIGHT NOW!

Edited by MattPie

Jets captain A Ladd closes his response to Evander Kane's comments with this today: "We've moved on, and maybe he should, too."

A noble sentiment, other than having reporters apparently ask Kane about it all the time. For that matter, should Ladd have said, "Kane isn't a member of the team any more, I don't have a comment."? Why does Ladd need to respond to Kane's comments? Hmm? :)

There's either some confirmation bias going on here or Stafford really did need a change of scenery.

I always thought Staff was a good player that was in a situation on the Sabres.  If anyone needed a change of scenery it was him.  Sounds like Kane needed one too.

Like I just said in another thread - Winnipeg won this trade regardless if Armia, Lemieux, and the 1st rounder ever play an NHL game.

And like I said elsewhere:  Buffalo won the trade because it was a significant factor in landing Eichel.

Last I checked, that "winning" trade didn't do a thing to help the Jets avoid getting swept in the first round of the playoffs.  And, I'm pretty sure the Cup isn't awarded based on the first 8 games of the season.  But, I guess sports writers need to create stories in order to keep people interested...

To me this trade also helped ensure we ended up DFL and secured Jack Eichel rather than Dylan Strome.  That's not nothing in my eyes.  Also, in the 8 or whatever games we've seen Kane he looks better than anything that was sent the other way IMO. 

While Kane looks great, Staff scores.  So there is that.

It certainly helped us make the playoffs though.

I'm really not trying to be confrontational, but how is that different than Kane being asked?

Did Kane have to whine about his time here....he isn't here any more, move on and quit being a crybaby already.

The team didn't have my back wahhhhh

I have to go to meetings on time wahhhhhh

I have to dress up while traveling with the team wahhhhhhhh

They won't let me put me before the team wahhhhhh

etc...

I am glad he is gone because as good as he was on the ice, he was a detriment to the team off the ice and we are a better team after the trade.

Miles ahead of never making the playoffs.

The young players have seen the playoffs now and will be aware of what it takes to win in the post season.

Had we not made the playoffs, how would they know?

Also, how much did the owners make extra for those two games? 4 million?

Kane can keep on crying all he wants, he is gone and I am glad....the cancer has been removed.

Did Kane have to whine about his time here....he isn't here any more, move on and quit being a crybaby already.

etc...

I haven't heard any of that out of him since the trade.

If you don't win a game in the playoffs, were you really even there?

To me THIS is exactly why we traded Stafford and Myers.  It is subtle point, but some guys rise to the occasion when it matters most (e.g., Drury).  We can quote stats all day long, but I (and many of this board) never saw Stafford and Myers as guys who could take a team to the promised land.  I personally think that was a big reason GMTM moved those guys.  Are Kane and Bogosian guys who will rise to the occasion when it matters?  ...That remains to be seen.

I'm in agreement with others that it is absurd to declare "winners" 8 games into the first full season after the trade.

Not at all.

There were rumors here that he liked to dabble in some illegal substances....these rumors were started a few times and from different sources. How is he hurt when nobody can find the play that he was hurt?

This is weak and below your usual posting standards.  Of course no one can find the play -- it happened during training camp.

As for the drugs -- what are you implying, exactly?  That he's in rehab?  That he's been suspended but the league and the Sabres are covering it up?  That the drugs have ravaged his body to the point where he can't play?

Early indications are that it's too early to come to any conclusions.  And while if the results were reversed plenty of posters would, regrettably, be posting triumphantly about how great GMTM did, I think it's far less than 90% -- and whatever the number is, it wouldn't make your taking the position you are now taking any less premature or more logical.

Bogosian didn’t want to go into too much detail, but said, “It was a practice thing, sometimes those things happen during camp. It was unfortunate the way it happened, but it’s in my past.”

Ya, okay.

Again -- what are you implying, exactly?

This to me sounds like he thought someone cheap-shotted him and injured him in the process, and he didn't want to throw that guy under the bus.

The biggest piece in the trade has played what, 5 games?

There we go.

It certainly helped us make the playoffs though.

etc...

I am glad he is gone because as good as he was on the ice, he was a detriment to the team off the ice and we are a better team after the trade.

He didn't say any of the bolded.

Not sure what's going on, but your last few posts have bordered on trolling.  It strikes me that he took a number of shots at your city and that you're lashing back, which is a normal response (and certainly one that plenty of posters here would do in a similar situation).  Still, I have frankly come to expect better from you as I usually enjoy your posts on this trade.

Trolling?

He missed meetings...

He was late to meetings...

He was warned about the dress code before the trade...

This is trolling?

Why is it whenever Bogo is "hurt" at a practice, nothing is said immediately after the practice?

Other players that were dinged up in practice leave the game and reporters notice this and question the coach after the practice....this never happened with Bogo's "injuries".

What's going on? The Jets wouldn't say a bad word about him even after the trade and he starts whining like a little baby after the trade...glad he is gone. The Jets are looking for a certain type of player and Kane doesn't fit that bill...

On a sidenote, I'm not sure Lemieux fits the bill either.

Then why did you say, "Move on and quit being a crybaby already?"  I know Canadians speak differently than USians, but that's present tense up there too, right?

He was crying and complaining in the article released yesterday wasn't he?